Does Shikakai powder have to be mixed?

lennet93

Does it have to be mixed with amla powder or any other powder. Can it be mixed with oils? I have vatika, amla lite, jasmine, coconut, castor, evoo...would one of those work? How should I mix it?

no it actually doesn't... now aritha powder does have to be mixed. anyway i do recommend that you mix your shikakai with amla and some aritha. This is a great dirt buster for the hair. makes hair and scalp squeaky clean.

Om Shanti Om

about mixing oil and powders. i did it once never again. it was H.A.M. the oil clung to the powder which clung to my hair. couldn't get it out . wash after wash. i was so exhausted.
do either oil mixes by itself. powders mixed with water. never oil and powder together.
I use Vatika oil only... as everyone knows.

Om Shanti Om

Does it have to be mixed with amla powder or any other powder. Can it be mixed with oils? I have vatika, amla lite, jasmine, coconut, castor, evoo...would one of those work? How should I mix it?

It's probably best to prepoo with the vatika or amla oil, then mix the shikakai powder with amla, aritha or bhringraj powders using water. The shikakai should be the lowest ratio. Ex. 1 tbs shikakai to 2 tbs amla etc. The shikakai tends to be drying on its own for many.

It's probably best to prepoo with the vatika or amla oil, then mix the shikakai powder with amla, aritha or bhringraj powders using water. The shikakai should be the lowest ratio. Ex. 1 tbs shikakai to 2 tbs amla etc. The shikakai tends to be drying on its own for many.

thanks for posting this...I have plans to purchase some shikakai and neem powder in the future so this will come in handy.

no it actually doesn't... now aritha powder does have to be mixed. anyway i do recommend that you mix your shikakai with amla and some aritha. This is a great dirt buster for the hair. makes hair and scalp squeaky clean.

Om Shanti Om

Thanks...off to get some amla and aritha...I definately do not need a hair disaster or anything that's going to dry out my hair.

Back