How to use Kalpi Tone Powder?

Dubois007

Hi,

I went to the indian grocery and they didn't have amla powder they gave me Kalpi tone powder instead, saying that he works the same as amla but now I'm reading the ingredients and I see that it's combination of Amla, Neem, aritha, shikakai etc.

I was wondering are you ladies used it and in what combination?

I have aritha and shikakai powder. As for oil I have amla, shikakai,vatika.

Thanks

Lakshmi S

well you can use it like any other powder. I mix it with a strong black tea and place in an iron bowl. i massage the paste in my hair, place a plastic cap and wait 60 minutes. rinse with water.
you also can mix it with any oil you want.

now for the rinsing, i've stated in another post that i fill up the bath tub and emerse my head in the water. mind u not my face just my head so that my hair swishes around in the water. trust me this is much better that the shower. I also had the hair that didn't get all the powder out. very fustrating. now if you use oil you have to use shampoo of course to remove the oils, then u can do the tub method.

after use a good moisturizing conditioner.

kalpi tone is good for dark hair dandruff, hair strength, prevents hair loss, premature greying, relieves headaches and helps with a better sleep.

Om Namah Shivaye

talata

Bumpimg.

I'm also thinking of getting some Kalpi Tone Powder since it seem to contain all the powders I use in one package. Any reviews?

vestaluv1

I used Kalpi Tone for the first time on Saturday and it was great! I think once I've used up all of my other powders this is going to be my staple one.
I didn't use it the way it says on the box because when I use any of these powders as a thick paste, I cannot 4 the life of me get all the grit and residue out and it causes breakage. I did this the first time...never again.

I used Kalpi Tone the same way I usually use my other powders.
I used about two tablespoons and added boiling water. It was not a paste, but it was not watery either :look: (still quite thick). I left it to sit for about an hour, then strained it through a stocking cap.
After rinsing my hair for about 5 minutes, I poured the mixture over my hair in sections and left it to sit on my hair with a shower cap for one hour.
I rinsed it out, slathered on some conditioner, rinsed it out immediately, conditioned again, but this time left the conditioner on for 15 minutes before rinsing. I might tweak this method in the future.

This stuff is great.
After rinsing off the powder mixture (before any conditioner was used), my hair felt clean and soft and there was no dryness at all.
My hair was left very shiny and a little darker.
This is not a great picture, but it shows the shine I'm talking about on air dried hair and normally when I airdry, my hair is dull as h3ll. There is no product at all in my hair in this picture.

Hope this helps a bit!

I just wanted to add, the only thing i didn't like about it was the black tinge I got on my fingers after using it.
I don't think there's henna in it, but I think it's a thing called Mandoor that's in it that gives the black tone to your hair.

Attachments

• dry after wash 2.jpg
    dry after wash 2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

talata

I used Kalpi Tone for the first time on Saturday and it was great! I think once I've used up all of my other powders this is going to be my staple one.
I didn't use it the way it says on the box because when I use any of these powders as a thick paste, I cannot 4 the life of me get all the grit and residue out and it causes breakage. I did this the first time...never again.

I used about two tablespoons and added boiling water. It was not a paste, but it was not watery either :look: (still quite thick). I left it to sit for about an hour, then strained it through a stocking cap.
After rinsing my hair for about 5 minutes, I poured the mixture over my hair in sections and left it to sit on my hair with a shower cap for one hour.
I rinsed it out, slathered on some conditioner, rinsed it out immediately, conditioned again, but this time left the conditioner on for 15 minutes before rinsing. I might tweak this method in the future.

This stuff is great.
After rinsing off the powder mixture (before any conditioner was used), my hair felt clean and soft and there was no dryness at all.
My hair was left very shiny and a little darker because of the henna in it.
This is not a great picture, but it shows the shine I'm talking about on air dried hair and normally when I airdry, my hair is dull as h3ll. There is no product at all in my hair in this picture.

Hope this helps a bit!

Thanks for your response... I didn't realize it contained henna. Anything that makes my hair darker is always a plus.

I think I'm going to order a couple of boxes of this.

Dubois007

Thanks for the info Vestaluv.
I used the powder too and I love but I didn't get any stain on my hands. I checked the ingredients and looks like henna is not part of the ingredients.

Amla Fruit (Phyllanthus Emblica Linn) 10%, Maka Leaves (Eclipa Aba) 10%, Mandoor (Iron Rust) 10%, Jaswandh Flower (Hibiscus Rosa) 9%, Narangichal (Citrus Aurantium) 8%, Shikakai Fruit (Acacia Conncinna) 7%, Kumari Leaves (hedychium Spicatum) 7%, Kapur Kachili (Hedychium Spicatum) 6%, Brahmi (Herpestis Monniera) 5%, Methi Seed (Trigonalafinum Greekum) 5%, Wala (Andropogan Muricatus) 5%, Khadir Stem (Acacia Katechu wild) 3%, Chandan (Santalum Album) 2%, Neem (Azadirachta Indica), Sitaphal Seeed Powder(Squamosa), Sugandh Dravya (Q.S.).

Here are the advantages:

- Gives a dark tinge to the hair
- Strengthens hair roots
- Promotes hair growth
- Controls hair loss & premature graying
- Relieves headaches & induces sound sleep
Kalpi Tone helps control dandruff, hair loss and premature graying of hair. May help to strengthen hair roots and promote hair growth.

Source:http://www.mehndiskinart.com/Kalpi_Tone_Powder.htm

Aggie

This stuff is great.
My hair was left very shiny and a little darker.

Hope this helps a bit!

I just wanted to add, the only thing i didn't like about it was the black tinge I got on my fingers after using it.
I don't think there's henna in it, but I think it's a thing called Mandoor that's in it that gives the black tone to your hair.

I agree with all the bolded and I love this too because it has the perfect blend of all the powders all in one neat little package. It takes the headache away of trying to mix them up correctly. I ordered a whole case from www.mehndiskinart.com.

I see you rinse your hair before applying the mix, is there any particular reason why you do it that way? If this method works better than pre-pooed hair with oil then I think I will use it. What are your thoughts on this Vestaluv1?

vestaluv1

I agree with all the bolded and I love this too because it has the perfect blend of all the powders all in one neat little package. It takes the headache away of trying to mix them up correctly. I ordered a whole case from www.mehndiskinart.com.

I see you rinse your hair before applying the mix, is there any particular reason why you do it that way? If this method works better than pre-pooed hair with oil then I think I will use it. What are your thoughts on this Vestaluv1?

Hi Aggie!
I bought Candy_C's book and basically she states that after oiling your scalp and hair overnight, you should rinse your hair under very warm/hot water for 10 minutes before pouring the powder mixture over your head (so that when you use the powders, you get more grease and dirt off your scalp/hair).
Now, I don't like the dryness I get after rinsing ALL the oil from my hair, so I don't rinse for that long, but i make sure I rinse my scalp well so the powders can work better.

I think its better to rinse with hot water, use the powder mixture and leave it in, condition, deep condition and then oil rinse on hair only with warm/hot, then cold water :look:.

So Aggie, do you use the powder mixture straight on pre-oiled/pre-pooed hair?

I don't know, what do you think about my method?

Aggie

Hi Aggie!
I bought Candy_C's book and basically she states that after oiling your scalp and hair overnight, you should rinse your hair under very warm/hot water for 10 minutes before pouring the powder mixture over your head (so that when you use the powders, you get more grease and dirt off your scalp/hair).
Now, I don't like the dryness I get after rinsing ALL the oil from my hair, so I don't rinse for that long, but i make sure I rinse my scalp well so the powders can work better.

I think its better to rinse with hot water, use the powder mixture and leave it in, condition, deep condition and then oil rinse on hair only with warm/hot, then cold water :look:.

So Aggie, do you use the powder mixture straight on pre-oiled/pre-pooed hair?

I don't know, what do you think about my method?

My answer to the bolded is yes to pre-oiled hair. I think I did follow Cand_C's method the first time aorund and it was really too drying for my hair. Now I just apply my mix on pre-oiled hair and I like the way my hair is responding to this method much better. Additionally, I have a shower filter now that has made a substantial difference in how my hair feels overall.

I really don't think that the way you're doing it, is right for my hair, it just can't handle the dryness from washing out the oil first. My reasoning for this is what's the purpose of pre-oiling if you're gonna wash it all out anyway? :ohwell: I dunno. I thought the pre-oiling purpose is to provide a thin barrier to prevent the powders from excessively drying out the hair.

All I know is, I have been getting great results using the powders right over pre-oiled hair. Check out my fotki for an ayurveda recipe I made as a co-wash/deep conditioner. It's made almost like a henna gloss. The base was made from a fenugreek seed powder tea rinse I made. I really think you should try this as your base, I promise you, you will like it a lot. Let me know what you think about it. I will be using it with my kalpi tone as well.

trini_rican

My answer to the bolded is yes to pre-oiled hair. I think I did follow Cand_C's method the first time aorund and it was really too drying for my hair. Now I just apply my mix on pre-oiled hair and I like the way my hair is responding to this method much better. Additionally, I have a shower filter now that has made a substantial difference in how my hair feels overall.

I really don't think that the way you're doing it, is right for my hair, it just can't handle the dryness from washing out the oil first. My reasoning for this is what's the purpose of pre-oiling if you're gonna wash it all out anyway? :ohwell: I dunno. I thought the pre-oiling purpose is to provide a thin barrier to prevent the powders from excessively drying out the hair.

All I know is, I have been getting great results using the powders right over pre-oiled hair. Check out my fotki for an ayurveda recipe I made as a co-wash/deep conditioner. It's made almost like a henna gloss. The base was made from a fenugreek seed powder tea rinse I made. I really think you should try this as your base, I promise you, you will like it a lot. Let me know what you think about it. I will be using it with my kalpi tone as well.

Hi Aggie - I took your advice and oiled fiirst as a pre-poo over night and had no drying what so ever. My hair love it.:yep: Thanks.

natieya

This stuff has mandoor (aka iron oxide) in it. Now, I heard that henna with metal compounds is REALLY DANGEROUS to relaxed hair. Is this stuff safe for relaxed hair?

Thanks fam.

Aggie

This stuff has mandoor (aka iron oxide) in it. Now, I heard that henna with metal compounds is REALLY DANGEROUS to relaxed hair. Is this stuff safe for relaxed hair?

Thanks fam.

Hi natieya honey, I am relaxed and i use it on my relaxed hair with no problems at all. I love the kalpi tone powder which has a really great blend of moisturizing, strengthening, cleansing and growth powders in it.

Last edited:

natieya

Hi natieya honey, I am relaxed and i use it on my relaxed hair with no problems at all. I love the kalpi tone powder which has a really great blend of moisturizing, strengthening, cleansing and growth powders in it.

Thanks Aggie,

I have been asking this question in several threads, but no one responded. :bighug:

frizzy

Thanks fam.

I was feeling really good about this Kalpi Tone until I read this post. I don't think the iron oxide is bad for relaxed hair alone, but I would not trust it because I use henna. I do use BAQ henna, but I don't want to take any chances with the iron, a relaxer and the iron oxide.

Aggie

I was feeling really good about this Kalpi Tone until I read this post. I don't think the iron oxide is bad for relaxed hair alone, but I would not trust it because I use henna. I do use BAQ henna, but I don't want to take any chances with the iron, a relaxer and the iron oxide.

I am not concerned about that as iron oxide is also found in many cosmetics like mineral face powders, eye shadows, etc. It is a naturally occurring mineral that is used to create color. They are mined from around the world, purified and crushed into fine powders.

natieya

I am not concerned about that as iron oxide is also found in many cosmetics like mineral face powders, eye shadows, etc. It is a naturally occurring mineral that is used to create color. They are mined from around the world, purified and crushed into fine powders.

Thanks for the clarification, Aggie. You're relaxed, right?

AllieCat0817

Hi,

I went to the indian grocery and they didn't have amla powder they gave me Kalpi tone powder instead, saying that he works the same as amla but now I'm reading the ingredients and I see that it's combination of Amla, Neem, aritha, shikakai etc.

I was wondering are you ladies used it and in what combination?

I have aritha and shikakai powder. As for oil I have amla, shikakai,vatika.

Thanks

I have like 3 boxes just sitting in my closet. Too lazy to use em I guess, esp since I have been doing henna once a week.