Does SURGE PLUS 14 really work???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Im thinking about getting Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 to increase the growth rate of my hair...does it really make your hair grow faster and longer??? For those who use this, please give me your experiences and comments. How much more growth did you experience if any???

Britt

I've actually been using it religiously for the past 2 weeks and I think its working well with the Biotin that I am taking.

genesis

Works for me too, I've only been using it for about 2 1/2 wks. During this time my hair has stopped breaking and it is really strong, the sides where my hair had broken off have begun to grow back-I have little fine hairs growing in the thin areas. So yes, it really works.

Purtygurly

It works, I haven't had any incredible results, but I do notice more growth.

I also have to be very careful with it because it itrritates the hell out of my scalp sometimes. If you have a sensitive scalp be careful.

LondonDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Im thinking about getting Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 to increase the growth rate of my hair...does it really make your hair grow faster and longer??? For those who use this, please give me your experiences and comments. How much more growth did you experience if any???

[/ QUOTE ]

It does what it says is does!!
It adds about an extra 1/4 - 1/2 inch extra per month.

nolechik

FSU Alumni/Grad Student
[ QUOTE ]
Purtygurly said:
It works, I haven't had any incredible results, but I do notice more growth.

I also have to be very careful with it because it itrritates the hell out of my scalp sometimes. If you have a sensitive scalp be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...I've been using it for about 2-3 weeks now and I've noticed some improvement. My hair is definitely getting thicker from daily use. I have to make sure I follow up putting the Surge on my scalp with some oil b/c if I don't, it itches like hades!!!! I think once I clarify this weekend (cause I've never done it before...YIKES) I'll notice some dramatic improvement b/c my head will be squeaky clean!

Oh yeah...word to the wise..if you have a relaxer in your hair, be careful applying it to your scalp b/c I've notice just spraying it on my hair causes it to revert!

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:
Oh yeah...word to the wise..if you have a relaxer in your hair, be careful applying it to your scalp b/c I've notice just spraying it on my hair causes it to revert!

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair was just relaxed a few days ago...What do you mean by it causes your hair to revert???

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
nolechik said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair was just relaxed a few days ago...What do you mean by it causes your hair to revert???

[/ QUOTE ]
She means it causes the recently relaxed hair to revert back to the way it was before you relaxed (kinky)...

Poohbear

Now Im wondering this...does Surge really cause increased growth for relaxed hair or does it just revert relaxed hair to make it look like there's new growth???

missykeyana

Yes. I noticed hair growth in 14 days just like the bottle. I also gave some to my cousin for her edges and they filled in in a matter of weeks.

My cousin wears her hair pressed so she mixes Surge in with her hairdressing to prevent reversion.

Missykeyana

Poohbear

How long should I wait after applying a relxer to start using Surge Revitalizer Plus 14????????????????

bellydancer

ok i used it for two weeks and got like 3/4 of an inch. I stopped using it after two weeks though. That much growth disturbed me! lol i kno faster growing hair is great and all, but I was in shock. I was like "that's not normal" and jus put down the bottle. lol I'm going to start using it again though.

LondonDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Now Im wondering this...does Surge really cause increased growth for relaxed hair or does it just revert relaxed hair to make it look like there's new growth???

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's new growth for sure I know about every 6 weeks when I touch up. Plus I've never had my relaxer 'revert' I don't believe it can (on my head anyway).

LondonDiva

[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:
ok i used it for two weeks and got like 3/4 of an inch. I stopped using it after two weeks though. That much growth disturbed me! lol i kno faster growing hair is great and all, but I was in shock. I was like "that's not normal" and jus put down the bottle. lol I'm going to start using it again though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're crazy. Keep on spraying girl!

katie

[ QUOTE ]
LondonDiva said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's new growth for sure I know about every 6 weeks when I touch up. Plus I've never had my relaxer 'revert' I don't believe it can (on my head anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.I would definitely say mine was new growth for sure when I was Surging.No reversion at all.I can't wait to start back using Surge

debyjay

I don't think relaxed hair can revert but if you have under processed hair it'll kink it right up. This happened to me.

LondonDiva

[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
I don't think relaxed hair can revert but if you have under processed hair it'll kink it right up. This happened to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA

nolechik

FSU Alumni/Grad Student

[/ QUOTE ]

It's when your hair starts to kinda curl up again (as it it were new growth). Does that help?!?!

nolechik

FSU Alumni/Grad Student
Poohbear...maybe it's newgrowth and I'm just in denial, but trust me girl...I have definitely noticed the difference...especially w/it making my hair thick!

oglorious1

Mixologist
Surge is a definite keeper, I only spray once a day and I saw results in a matter of a week(tons of new growth)

LondonDiva

A few have commented on the growth as well as thickness.

For all the faithful surge users past and present did you notice any significant change in the thickness cause I had a jungle going on back there last month
I couldn't get my finger through it.

nolechik

FSU Alumni/Grad Student
[ QUOTE ]
LondonDiva said:
A few have commented on the growth as well as thickness.

For all the faithful surge users past and present did you notice any significant change in the thickness cause I had a jungle going on back there last month
I couldn't get my finger through it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah London Diva...my hair has never been this thick (since using Surge). So I'm definitely going to have to shape up and precautiously take care of my hair better. I've been experiencing breakage and I think it's b/c I'm comb happy. I can't stand not combing my hair at least 2wice daily and I think that's where my problem lies....Despite it all though, I can't complain about the Surge! I use the Oil Lotion as well.

Armyqt

You ladies are having awesome success with the Surge!! It's really exciting to hear becuase I started surging a week ago.