Does the Bible Explain Why Black Women Tend to Have Shorter Hair?

MissMasala5

Re: The Bible Explains Why Black Women Tend to Have Shorter Hair

Didn't know if this should go here or on the hair side. I will start by saying that I believe the blacks, Native Americans, and Hispanics all make up the 12 tribes of Israel and not the ones over in Israel now. I have been following the Gathering of Christ Church for a couple of months and was watching a video that they did. In it they give the scripture Isaiah 3:16(starting) to explain that the Most High placed a scab on the head of the black woman because of her rebellion. She could once grow hair easily to her feet but not after He did that.

If you don't believe that we are the daughters of Zion then I guess this scripture won't mean much to you but if you do believe it then maybe it's food for thought.

Here's the video: ANGELS AND HOLIDAYS, REMEMBER AHAYAH gatheringofchrist on USTREAM. Educational

You can skip to 19:35 if you want to get straight to the hair part.

Let me know your thoughts.

Very interesting, OP, I have never heard of this before. Can't really agree with it, but it is interesting, nonetheless.

I hatechoo!!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

But...you do too. :look: Whens the update????

I'm going to post pics of my next RS this weekend. I'll put a pic in my siggy.

Can't say that I agree, if that were the case then ALL black women would have baldness, which is what the scripture is actually saying "the LORD will make their scalps bald....there are other persuasians that have been afflicted with actual "alopecia", which is what this scripture is talking about here, where he has afflicted them with an actual disease or illness because of their rebellion...

We know that God does not is a merciful God and does not afflict forever, Jeremiah 3:12 NIV
Go, proclaim this message toward the north: " 'Return, faithless Israel,' declares the LORD, 'I will frown on you no longer, for I am merciful,' declares the LORD, 'I will not be angry forever."..

Therefore to say that he has afflicted me, because I am a descendent of a rebellious people, is not the God I serve...he says in Jeremiah 29 "In those days people will no longer say, 'The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge.' 30 Instead,everyone will die for his own sin, whoever eats sour grapes--his own teeth will be set on edge. 31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah..

I can have long hair...because I am no longer under the curse....

Happy Praying,
Nicole

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Taking a strip of text outside of it's context to use as the basis of an arguement is faulty at best.

I.Just.Can't. at that entire video.

diadall

If someone belives there is a bibical reason they have short hair then they should just stop trying to gain length.

Hair is kinky to protect it from the hot sun. It protects from skin cancer and stroke. It also allows the head to cool down and the rest of the body stay cool. :nono:

As far as scabs? How do you explain someone 1/2 Black? How do you explain a mixed-race "Black" who has hair down to the ankles? Wouldn't the curse make one half of the cranium nappy and short and the other 1/2 straight and long? What about 100% Black women on this board and beyond whose hair is down to their butts (all over Africa...yes, indeed) if you straightened it with a hotcomb...and it's natural and kinky? What about Black Jewish women with straight hair down to their knees? How did they miss the supposed curse? Honestly, this is truly a misrepresentation of G-d and His Word and I'm sorry that you have been horribly misinformed and misled to believe this racist stuff...against White Jews and against Black women. :nono: (I hope you don't believe it...)
This summed up my thoughts. Thnx for saving me the keystrokes.

diadall

Didn't know if this should go here or on the hair side. I will start by saying that I believe the blacks, Native Americans, and Hispanics all make up the 12 tribes of Israel and not the ones over in Israel now. I have been following the Gathering of Christ Church for a couple of months and was watching a video that they did. In it they give the scripture Isaiah 3:16(starting) to explain that the Most High placed a scab on the head of the black woman because of her rebellion. She could once grow hair easily to her feet but not after He did that.

If you don't believe that we are the daughters of Zion then I guess this scripture won't mean much to you but if you do believe it then maybe it's food for thought.

Here's the video: ANGELS AND HOLIDAYS, REMEMBER AHAYAH gatheringofchrist on USTREAM. Educational

You can skip to 19:35 if you want to get straight to the hair part.

Let me know your thoughts.

Most people (and I am one of them) belive that there are three races that make up all other races. Mongoloids, Negroids and Caucasians.

All of the other races are combinations of those three over thousands of years. That is why you look as some races and see traits of others. Have you ever seen an Asian person with black features?

MissMasala5

Most people (and I am one of them) belive that there are three races that make up all other races. Mongoloids, Negroids and Caucasians.

All of the other races are combinations of those three over thousands of years. That is why you look as some races and see traits of others. Have you ever seen an Asian person with black features?

Or, that there is one race, Negroids, and everyone else is a subset from that one?

Guitarhero

No. Just no. Why do people like to believe that the entire continent of Africa has the climate of one big scorching desert. It doesn't! A lot of countries, like where I come from in Southern Africa don't even get as hot as some of the temperature experienced in some states in the US or here in Australia.

So tell me, why didn't people in these other regions also develop kinky hair. Seeing as there are hotter climates there and kinky hair develops to protect from heat.

For some reason, one of the African first people developed kinky hair and the other native African had straightish hair. I guess with inmixing, most have curly to kinky. I personally know that Africa is not all hot and desert-like. It's neither all jungle but has temperate climates, desert, tropical etc. all over. I guess that, in the migration of the peoples, their features mostly remained. How does one explain dark-skinned Innuit in the North Pole?

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
The issue I usually have with commentaries that specify certain groups of people as being under God's curse to explain certain characteristics/experiences they've had is our inability to judge who has really been more evil than other people in the world. If black women have this "scab" as a curse, why? Of all the groups of people in the earth's history, what evils did black women do that were so great that the Lord had to specifically set out to punish them? Also, I think that this type of theology in general can easily lend itself to justifying institutions like slavery. It used to be taught in the US that slavery was justified because black people were under the curse of Ham (the dark skinned son of Noah.)

But what did Noah's son have to do with the choice of Europeans to build boats, sail to Africa, kidnap and buy human beings, and make them their free labor? Nothing. And it wouldn't have existed had they not chosen to start it. That institution existed because of greed. Likewise, black women have curly hair of various textures due to environmental and genetic factors. And it can and does grow if you know how to care for it. Black women are not subjected to balness if they educate themselves about what is better.