Does there have to be a tradeoff?

G

If I take all my supplements everyday, my hair gets a lot of roots in about 2 weeks. In addition, the roots give me huge headaches. However, if I take the pills every other day, I can make it 5 weeks. So the question is: would you rather have straight hair or longer hair?

BrightEyes

I don't relax my hair, but I still say that I would choose length.

Look at it this way: You can't make hair, regardless of texture, longer whenever you feel like it. But long hair can always be straightened whenever you want. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nomadpixi

I can't remember where I saw it in the posts, but I think there is a supplement that softens the new growth. Something like MSM or Evening Primrose or Flaxseed or something.

Hope that helps

G

I take MSM which is what is allowing me to go 5 weeks taking the supplements every other day. My hair is so course that I was getting it relaxed at 4 weeks.

Tracy

I'd rather have longer hair than straighter hair. But I'm a little weird about stuff like that - can ya tell? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne0914

i would rather have long hair than straight hair, particularly if i'd have to straighten more often than i should to get it straight. i think it's simpler to find products that will make the long hair do what i want than to have to work with damaged straight hair.

did that make sense? wait, what was the question? i need sleep...

adrienne

Valerie

I don't relax my hair, but I find, I am getting a lot of hair underarms etc and I have to shave more, it is a bit of a pain, sometimes, but I am getting longer healthy thicker hair, which I have never had. I am pleased.

G

I guess I have realized the answer to my own question. I don't really care if it is long or extra straight but I do want it pretty whether it is long or short however I would not want it long if it has to look a mess in the process so I guess I am not as obsessed with long hair as I thought.

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Bett1e said:
If I take all my supplements everyday, my hair gets a lot of roots in about 2 weeks. In addition, the roots give me huge headaches. However, if I take the pills every other day, I can make it 5 weeks. So the question is: would you rather have straight hair or longer hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have longer hair.

Bett1e are you saying that your own regrowth causes headaches? I've never heard of this before and not saying that it's not true for you but I find it hard to believe. Have you been told by your doctor that's the reason for the headaches. Itching i can understand cause my legs and underarms and "down there" itch when the hair grows through.

Jenai

I would rather have longer hair than straighter hair. Long hair wold help to hide my big ol' bucket head. LOL