Dog, Cat, Rat....If they could get along....

Nice & Wavy

why not people?:yep:

This is a video of a homeless man in Santa Barbara and his pets. They work State Street every week for donations. The animals are pretty well fed and are mellow. They are a family. The man who owns them rigged up a harness for his cat so she wouldn't have to walk so much (like the dog and himself). At some juncture the rat came along, and as no one wanted to eat anyone else, the rat started riding with the cat and, often, on the cat!

The dog, will stand all day and let you talk to him and admire him for a few chin scratches. The Mayor of Santa Barbara filmed this clip and sent it out as a holiday card.

A great video ......a MUST watch! Click on the link below

http://www.youtube.com/v/D85yrIgA4Nk

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
why not people?:yep:

This is a video of a homeless man in Santa Barbara and his pets. They work State Street every week for donations. The animals are pretty well fed and are mellow. They are a family. The man who owns them rigged up a harness for his cat so she wouldn't have to walk so much (like the dog and himself). At some juncture the rat came along, and as no one wanted to eat anyone else, the rat started riding with the cat and, often, on the cat!

The dog, will stand all day and let you talk to him and admire him for a few chin scratches. The Mayor of Santa Barbara filmed this clip and sent it out as a holiday card.

A great video ......a MUST watch! Click on the link below

http://www.youtube.com/v/D85yrIgA4Nk

This is beautiful.... :yep: Those animals have taken on the nature of this man who flows with love for all.

Okay... now don't stone me :peek:

Sis, i can't befriend no rats. I can't. I just can't. Please don't 'get' me for this.

HOWEVER... I love this message and what it means. For if anyone could befriend a rat as deplorable as they are, then surely the most ultimate of love has to be in the heart of that person. A lesson that I obviously need to learn.

As for me and rats... can I still love you, and Pastor A, and, and, and, everyone else.... Please. :kiss:

Nice & Wavy

This is beautiful.... :yep: Those animals have taken on the nature of this man who flows with love for all.

Sis, i can't befriend no rats. I can't. I just can't. Please don't 'get' me for this.

HOWEVER... I love this message and what it means. For if anyone could befriend a rat as deplorable as they are, then surely the most ultimate of love has to be in the heart of that person. A lesson that I obviously need to learn.

As for me and rats... can I still love you, and Pastor A, and, and, and, everyone else.... Please. :kiss:
LOL...now you know I'm gonna get you now, right? You know me....:spinning::lol:

LucieLoo12

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Iwanthealthyhair67

^^true.. Lord please work on me....

This walk includes loving the unlovable ...

let me share slightly off topic...our church is helping a some new members (a couple with 4 children small children) anyway, my pastor got wind that they were living in delapidated (spelling) conditions organized a small team to go and assess and start work, one of the volunteers told me that when she entered the peoples house if you can call it that, her stomach turned she excused herself and walked away.

She said she began praying Lord, please don't let them see the expression on my face please take away the sickness that I feel in my stomach you have called US to ministry and this is ministry, when I go back over there let me have the attitude of worship unto you...

The love of God is hugging that homeless man or woman who has not had a bath in months who smells of sweat, sour and maybe even feces...

Love, is not limited to folk who look the same as we do all clean and nice but it includes the one who don't look so nice or smell so nice, God still loves them and he calls us to do the same...

Shimmie

Staff member
^^true.. Lord please work on me....

This walk includes loving the unlovable ...

let me share slightly off topic...our church is helping a some new members (a couple with 4 children small children) anyway, my pastor got wind that they were living in delapidated (spelling) conditions organized a small team to go and assess and start work, one of the volunteers told me that when she entered the peoples house if you can call it that, her stomach turned she excused herself and walked away.

She said she began praying Lord, please don't let them see the expression on my face please take away the sickness that I feel in my stomach you have called US to ministry and this is ministry, when I go back over there let me have the attitude of worship unto you...

The love of God is hugging that homeless man or woman who has not had a bath in months who smells of sweat, sour and maybe even feces...

Love, is not limited to folk who look the same as we do all clean and nice but it includes the one who don't look so nice or smell so nice, God still loves them and he calls us to do the same...

This is exactly what Nice & Wavy is sharing here. Loving the unlovable and to see beyond the external appearances and situations and to reach out and love.

Both you and Precious Wavy have opened the eyes and hearts of love with your messages in this thread.

Thank God for your hearts which please Him.

Jesus is Lord..forever.

Nice & Wavy

You know my heart, my friend. On that note...I am on my way to the beach...what a lovely day...bright and sunny and 84 degrees...ahhh!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using SCH-R720

Shimmie

Staff member
You know my heart, my friend. On that note...I am on my way to the beach...what a lovely day...bright and sunny and 84 degrees...ahhh!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using SCH-R720

Send me a 'tan'. I'm paling out up here in the Northeast. :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm getting darker by the minute:lachen:..I think I'll have more than enough 'tan' to give you!

Thanks Sis...

I'm so jealous... but happier for you. :yep: I miss my Florida tans. :cry4:

On a serious note:

You know I wear a bronzer? It's all natural and doesn't harm the skin. I've been using it as a foundation. Even though I'm brown, it gets really pale in the winter and I look kinda' washed out.

Back on topic, I'm so glad you're enjoying the sun. :love2:

Nice & Wavy

Thanks Sis...

I'm so jealous... but happier for you. :yep: I miss my Florida tans. :cry4:

On a serious note:

You know I wear a bronzer? It's all natural and doesn't harm the skin. I've been using it as a foundation. Even though I'm brown, it gets really pale in the winter and I look kinda' washed out.

Back on topic, I'm so glad you're enjoying the sun. :love2:
:grin:..sis, I don't even have to walk along the beach to get a tan out here...just walking down the street will tan you in a NY minute....:lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
:grin:..sis, I don't even have to walk along the beach to get a tan out here...just walking down the street will tan you in a NY minute....:lachen:

I know why... :yep: It's the Loving Light of Jesus that is drawn to you. Each day when you walk outside, Light says to the 'Son', 'Hey, there she is, the vessel of Your Light, walking about her Father's business to shine more light upon others.

You have an unending loving source of energy which follows you wherever you go, it is the light of God's love wherever you flow.

Yes, Sis, I know why. It's God's word speaking to darkness before you step upon it... "Let there be Light" and as soon as you arrive, the day is brighter for others who want to see Jesus.

:love5:

Nice & Wavy

I know why... :yep: It's the Loving Light of Jesus that is drawn to you. Each day when you walk outside, Light says to the 'Son', 'Hey, there she is, the vessel of Your Light, walking about her Father's business to shine more light upon others.

You have an unending loving source of energy which follows you wherever you go, it is the light of God's love wherever you flow.

Yes, Sis, I know why. It's God's word speaking to darkness before you step upon it... "Let there be Light" and as soon as you arrive, the day is brighter for others who want to see Jesus.

:love5:
Sis....I'mma need you to start writing that book, please...seriously. God shines through your words, for real....I'm not kidding.

I appreciate your kind words...you make me feel so nice! I love you!

Shimmie

Staff member
Sis....I'mma need you to start writing that book, please...seriously. God shines through your words, for real....I'm not kidding.

I appreciate your kind words...you make me feel so nice! I love you!

I only spoke the truth... :yep:

alive

:lachen: co signing with this 100% I love the message but I couldn't watch the vid to the end with that massive rat in it. I kept swatting my poor screen :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
:lachen:...yes, maybe they do.

:lol::lol:

:lachen: co signing with this 100% I love the message but I couldn't watch the vid to the end with that massive rat in it. I kept swatting my poor screen :lol:

Neither can I. :lachen::lachen:

If nothing else, that rat set me straight. Yes it did. :yep:

And for a minute, it even had me thinking of a rat love song...

"Ben"

Oh Ben, the two of us need look no more... :love5:

I'm so sorry Precious Wavy, but you know I'm from Harlem and those rats up there in those alleys are bigger than cats. They'll take your lunch and dare you to say something to them.

Don't even try to walk past one after you've left the Deli with a pastrami sandwich and a kosher pickle slice, or better yet, Nathan's hot dog stand.

They'll be there waitin' as soon as you turn around from paying Nathan's for his famous Orange Juice and foot long hot dog. Talk about a bully, dem Harlem rats don't play. Even the po' po' is skeered of em'. They tried to arrest this one rat name, Ronnie Rat and needless to say, the po' -- Po Po ain't arresting Ronnie Rat no mo'... No suh' :nono:

I'm just sayin'... the rat in this video ain't from Harlem, he a nice rat and he's got that cat's back. I wonder if he knows Ronnie Rat or even Ben? :look:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lachen:

If nothing else, that rat set me straight. Yes it did. :yep:

And for a minute, it even had me thinking of a rat love song...

"Ben"

Oh Ben, the two of us need look no more... :love5:

I'm so sorry Precious Wavy, but you know I'm from Harlem and those rats up there in those alleys are bigger than cats. They'll take your lunch and dare you to say something to them.

Don't even try to walk past one after you've left the Deli with a pastrami sandwich and a kosher pickle slice, or better yet, Nathan's hot dog stand.

They'll be there waitin' as soon as you turn around from paying Nathan's for his famous Orange Juice and foot long hot dog. Talk about a bully, dem Harlem rats don't play. Even the po' po' is skeered of em'. They tried to arrest this one rat name, Ronnie Rat and needless to say, the po' -- Po Po ain't arresting Ronnie Rat no mo'... No suh' :nono:

I'm just sayin'... the rat in this video ain't from Harlem
, he a nice rat and he's got that cat's back. I wonder if he knows Ronnie Rat or even Ben? :look: