Dominican Salons in the DMV ??

Kurly K

i'm looking for the best of the best dominican salons in the DMV (DC, MD, VA) area. helppppp!!! please!!! I think i want to get my hair straightened that way for xmas. :look:

Carrie A

Are you sure you cant find another way to straighten? They use so much heat and you don't want heat damage. Maybe they can do a roller set + doobie instead of a blowout. I was hoping the name of the shop would come to me while I'm typing. So far no go but it's located on Bonifant St. in downtown Silver Spring , MD. Ok NM.. It's Louisa's. There are two more in downtown SS. I think one is on Wayne Ave and one on Georgia Ave. I'll ask my friend this evening and get back to you if no one else posts.

toybabz

hi kurly k, you can try this Dominican salon out in silver spring. It's called Sashelvis salon@ 938 Wayne ave, silver spring ms 20910. Phone number: 301-588-1669

Kurly K

yea i heard about luisas being good and i did want a roller set and id do it my self but the back is so curly and i cant really see it so i thought id give them a trie...i may trie it myself anyway...thanxx tho

elaine07

yea i heard about luisas being good and i did want a roller set and id do it my self but the back is so curly and i cant really see it so i thought id give them a trie...i may trie it myself anyway...thanxx tho

Yeah, they're good, but the customer service sucks.:perplexed I used to go there yrs ago. Try Claudia's (301) 650-0022. It's on Georgia Ave, a couple blocks from Luisa's. Be sure to go to either Claudia or Ellie to get your blowout. Good Luck!!!

Solitude

I go to Thelma at Giovanni's. My soror sees Sylvia at Giovanni's - grew her hair past APL. My roommate goes to Judith @ Judith's salon.

Both are on Adam's Mill Road in the Adam's Morgan area in DC. Judith's is cheaper.

Solitude

Perla's in Silver Spring is ok. The technique of the stylists is lacking, IMO but they have great service. The stylists at Salshelvis in SS are really good, but Ana cut my hair when I asked for a trim - I never went back. Their prices are high anyway & they seem to have drama in there between the stylists.

LaidBak

I asked someone in another thread what the deal was with Domincan salons. She explained to me what they do. I think my stylist, who is Carribbean, does the same process to my hair (minus the roller set). She uses the SUPER hot blow dryer with the round brush, and flat iron. My hair always looks like shiny glass when she is done. Its straight and silky as it wants to be! Now she's never done a roller set on me because I've never asked for one (no patience for all that). Anyway, I say all that to say this...if that's the effect you are looking for (shiny, silky, bouncy, soft, super straight) then you can try her. Her name is Teresa Wells and she works at Bubbles salon in Pentagon City Mall.

1100 S Hayes St
Arlington, VA 22202

(703) 415-2040
www.bubblessalon.com

Carrie A

Claudia's like someone said was the other salon I was trying to think of. One of my girlfriends gets her hair done there and I must say her hair has been looking good and growing well.

chebaby

i go to visions in adams morgan. i dont have the number right off but its on roundbrushhair.com too. i had great experience with them each time i went so im sure you'll like it.