Donna Marie's CoCo CURLY BUTTER (pics)

isawstars

Has anyone used or heard about this? The original Donna Marie website no longer has it but other websites do... which makes me skeptical... ??? Is she no longer making it and replacing it with the new product called MiraCurl Curling Gelly? Anyone know?

Before and After pictures from website

Ingredients: Organic combination of Deionized water, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Honey, Linum usitatissimum (Flax seed gel) extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Coconut oil, Prunus Amygdalus (sweet almond) Oil, carbomer, glycerin, Palm Stearic acid, Emulsifying wax NF, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, tocopherol (vitamin e), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis) Extract, Potassium sorbate, Silver citrate, Citric acid and fragrance.

Its Promise: If you are seeking a firm hold without the sticky, crunchy, dry, or flaky hair, this one's for you! Coco Curly Butter, our original, natural "all in-one" styling cream will condition, moisturize, enhance, defrizz and define your curls. This Curly Butter makes your curls POP and stand out! Enriched with organic Aloe Vera juice, rosmemary to stimulate hair growth, honey and flax seed gel extract for added moisture and conditioning and essential herbs for root stimulation, CoCo Curly Butter will not only define your curls but promote healthy hair too! Directions: To enhance and smooth your curls, apply the CoCo Curly ButterTM evenly throughout wet or dry hair. For tighter curl patterns: Section hair and apply product with a widetooth comb for even dispersion. Best if used on wet hair. Air or blow-dry if needed.

La Colocha

Ive heard of it before but i never got into her products because she keeps changing them. I think this is the 2nd time that i know of. Just can't get down with a company that is so inconsistant. You start loving a product and then she stops making it. Wth. It had just came out in the winter.

chebaby

i was just about to order this yesterday. i think i will order it now. i know i wont order it again, just something to spoil myself with for now so im not worried about the products changing.

isawstars

i was just about to order this yesterday. i think i will order it now. i know i wont order it again, just something to spoil myself with for now so im not worried about the products changing.

you should do a product review when you try it. :yep:

chebaby

ok i just realized i was talking about another one of her products. i was referring to her coco hemp butter. i will still give a review.

Kurlee

I am dying to try the line, but everytime I go to the website the products change. Coco curly butter is now mira curling jelly and comes in a bottle. I'm a little afraid to get into it and then the formula changes. Is it as good as afroveda?

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
is it me or does the first before and after have really damaged ends? I don't like the after either. It looks "noodle-y"

the second set of pictures look nice.

vkb247

I love both before and afters but I guess it is a matter of preference. Here is some more info. I think this is the lady from the second set of pics talking about her experience with the new product. I like her results.

ETA: There are a few reviews on the site and this one links to a fotki pic.

Last edited:

sowhut

I have it and i have used on it on my edges since i stretch for so long.
The first time that i used it (sample size) i loved it and it made my edges look wavy and shiny. The second time around i got the regular size and :nono:
it dries kinda crunchy or hard. it looks nice and all but i hate hard hair...i dont know what happened the second time around.

empressri

I have the coco curly butter, haven't tried it alone though. Futile to mention since it's no longer available, but I have the gelly and buttercream coming and will do a review once I get it.

Shadiyah

I had it but didn't know how to use it at the time because I was not embracing my curls but mines molded and I had to throw it away.

Imoan

any1 still using her stuff, I tried the miracle gelly and love it, gesh I hope she does not d/c it or change the formula... Maybe people should write her and ask to bring old things back, and keep somethings.. idk... I wrote her about a few things and I did get a email back about vendor issues etc. and that the gelly will be back June 27th....