Anyone tired the re-packaged, slightly refomulated Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose?

Dilettante

I've been using the new AOHSR for a few weeks now and I like it. It's perhaps a smidge less moisturizing than It used to be but not by much. If it's one of your HGs I think the new formula is worth a shot

MsKinkycurl

I'm trying to make an alternative for AOHSR. They play with the formula so much I no longer trust the company. So far my mix contains everyday shea unsented conditioner with wheat germ oil, argan oil and orange essential oil for fragrance. It's a thinner consistency but I tried the first attempt yeaterday and have happy moisturized hair today. The best part is that there is no alcohol or glycerine which make my hair seem moisturized then quickly dry out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

Mahogony7

Re: Anyone tired the re-packaged, slightly refomulated Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Ro

Aww hell!!! I'm in Japan and they do sell the old versions of GPB and WC, but hey cost about $20 over here. I may just take the plunge.

Mahogony7

Re: Anyone tired the re-packaged, slightly refomulated Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Ro

Any more reviews on the GPB and White Camellia?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

I went to Vitamin Shoppe today and seen the new bottles. I pickwd up the old version's of them though.....

kweenameena

My hair doesn't like the new HSR.
If it's true that they added shea butter then that explains a lot.
My hair hates shea butter.

Embyra

My hair doesn't like the new HSR. If it's true that they added shea butter then that explains a lot. My hair hates shea butter.

Shea butter was in the original formula though .....I'm sure it was anyway lol

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Kurlee

no slip or detangling power. will not repurchasing

Embyra

Noooooooo omg these reviews are dreadful!!!!

I'm so mad that I'll have to start looking for a new conditioner !!

My local by my work place sells aubrey I hope they have some old stock left

Before I figure out which brand I'll have to find a new con from urgh

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I only have 1 bottle of the old formula left. Grrrr... I'm going to have to restock Giovanni Smooth as Silk then. :sad

meka72

I never had a chance to try the white camellia. Do y'all think the old bottles will show up at close out stores like Big Lots?

Dayjoy

Old School Member

I finally tried the new formula White Camellia on DD. Old formula WC was HOLIEST of HG moisture cons for her challenging hair. It works just as well! I'm so relieved. After we go through our last three backup old formula bottles I'll have no problem buying the new formula.

rawsilk

My hair has always hated this stuff -- too bad because my nose loves it. :-(

Dayjoy

Old School Member

I don't like the scent though. :nono: I wasn't that fond of the scent of old WC, but I like this one even less. I don't care though. I love what both versions do for her hair.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I had been on Honeysuckle Rose hiatus for a while, then saw a bottle at a local Sprouts store. I bought it and rushed home to use it. To my surprise, it left my hair feeling horribly coated and I have small breakage hair after styling.

Historically, I loved the formulation when it was still Aubrey "Organics" and when the bottle was was a different color. I hadn't noticed the difference in ingredients.

What a let down.

Any one else heartbroken?

ms.blue

I bought the new version of GPB last yr before I knew they reformulated the conditioner. I hated the smell so much that it took it a long time for me to use the conditioner up. I had the old bottle in which they changed the ingredient listing to meet regulation standards but it still worked on my hair but the reformulated version is horrible. AOGBP was my HG never failed me old standby conditioner but that kicked the bucket.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I bought and tried a bottle of the new blue chamomile condish.

Awful.

I opened the bottle and all I smelled was alcohol. I tried it anyway and, sure enough, dried my hair right out.

Got the full bottle just sitting on the shelf. Should throw it away.

daydreem2876

carpe diem
I was in Whole Foods last night and I think they are reformulating again. There was no Aubrey Organics to be had anywhere in the store except the swimmers formula. I was looking for WC and the staff told me Aubrey Organics is still going their approval process to get back on Whole Foods' shelves. Has anyone tried the new WC?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Correction. It was my holy grail the AO Island Naturals. Still garbage. Threw it away last night.

I bought and tried a bottle of the new blue chamomile condish.

Awful.

I opened the bottle and all I smelled was alcohol. I tried it anyway and, sure enough, dried my hair right out.

Got the full bottle just sitting on the shelf. Should throw it away.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I was in Whole Foods last night and I think they are reformulating again. There was no Aubrey Organics to be had anywhere in the store except the swimmers formula. I was looking for WC and the staff told me Aubrey Organics is still going their approval process to get back on Whole Foods' shelves. Has anyone tried the new WC?
I tried it only once and did like it. I didn't like the new scent, but I still love how it works on DD's hair. I'll be using it again soon since my last bottle of original WC will be gone soon.

Lymegreen

The new WC does not moisturizer as much as the old formula.

With the old formula I could use it to detangle. The new formula gave me no slip even after a 30min DC.

It is runnier and slimy going on but my hair did soak it up

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I did like a few other posters and stocked up on the Old and received 2oz samples of the newly formulated when they had that HUGE Repackaging Sale.

I ran through the little 2oz ones. Definitely a lot 'thinner' that the Original AO HSR & WC.

I think I have x2 bottles of each (old formula HSR and WC) and x1 bottle of old formula GPB

I stuck them all in the Fridge after the horrible experience I had with Island Naturals going bad on me.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I did like a few other posters and stocked up on the Old and received 2oz samples of the newly formulated when they had that HUGE Repackaging Sale.

I ran through the little 2oz ones. Definitely a lot 'thinner' that the Original AO HSR & WC.

I think I have x2 bottles of each (old formula HSR and WC) and x1 bottle of old formula GPB

I stuck them all in the Fridge after the horrible experience I had with Island Naturals going bad on me.
:ohsnap: I didn't think about the conditioners spoiling...
Let me make some room for my stash in the 'fridge:fridge:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I wanted to give these reformulated conditioners a try but I will stick with Giovanni conditioners.