Donnie McClurkin's story on his path life as a homosexual

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Koffie said:
Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

This is a verse that I always seem to wrestle with. I have always that that those 'spirits' that are in men to make them do bad things was a 'weird' concept.

i.e. If I was raised in church and decided I now wanted to be the church harlet, then I could just blame a 'spirit' who got into me and made me do it? Or if a man raped a woman, then it's a spirit, and the man is a really great guy once that spirit is out of him?:ohwell:

'Cause then I could point out versus like, "The wicked are brought down by calamity" but, I thought there was no wicked, just evil spirits.:ohwell:

Forgive me ya'll, but in my mind it seems like an excuse for people who do wrong, and yes I know I need to overcome this thinking, but this is solely MY opinion and I am not going to blame a spirit for my mode of thinking.:down:

Men have free will but we also need to be aware that people can be influenced by demonic forces. An example I read once is that if someone throws a hammer at you are you going to attack hammer or the person who threw it? If you attack the hammer you are an idiot. The one that threw the hammer is just going to sit back and laugh and continue to throw more hammers.

That doesnt mean not to confront people who do you harm or to not seek justice against them. This doesnt mean that the folx Satan is able to maniuplate arent held accountable for their actions, but we need to step back and see what the real issues are and address the REAL enemy.

There is a spiritual hierarchy in place that Christians need to be aware of to be victorious. Things we need to address in prayer and on a spiritual level. There is more to life than what our 5 senses can perceive. When you are feeling depressed, it could just be something physical but it could also be a spirtual attack, one that could possibly lead you into isolation and a downward spiral hard to recover from, when you should be out being a light for someone.

Enchantmt

JuJuBoo said:
:clap::clap::clap:

Couldn't have said it ANY better. You better QUOTE some Word! "There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end leads to destruction."

The whole post was on point. WELL SAID

:) :)

Honeyhips

Lovely
Enchantmt said:
As a Christian the rules for relationship/sex/homosexuality/fornication are spelled out without any room for interpretation. Man may come up with their own reasoning in order to do what they would want to do, but Gods word is absolute. His kingdom is not a democracy. He doesnt care that you or I say if two folx love each other they should be together regardless. "There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end leads to destruction." Homosexuality is a sin to the Christian faith, no greater or lesser than any other sin. As such, one can be delivered from it. Like any other sin, the believer has responsibility as well. They are to immerse themselves in Gods word in order to have "the mind of Christ" and be strengthened and avoid situations that would lead them to backslide. Will an area one has been delivered from always be a weakness? For some yes, for others no. We are not perfect and even though God gives us the power to be free, we can fall back into a sin. No one is perfect. I realize that there are those present who do not feel that homosexuality is a sin, and that is your right. This however is the Christianity forum, and for Christians, based on the word of God, this is not something that is up for debate.

Lets keep this civil ladies.
Wow. you articulated that so well. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I do wonder why people think that homosexuality is not a sin. Maybe that should be discussed in the off topics forum? Where do we discuss stuff like that.

Honeyhips

Lovely
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I held off explaining this one b/c I wanted it to make sense. You did it brilliantly!

Enchantmt said:
Men have free will but we also need to be aware that people can be influenced by demonic forces. An example I read once is that if someone throws a hammer at you are you going to attack hammer or the person who threw it? If you attack the hammer you are an idiot. The one that threw the hammer is just going to sit back and laugh and continue to throw more hammers.

That doesnt mean not to confront people who do you harm or to not seek justice against them. This doesnt mean that the folx Satan is able to maniuplate arent held accountable for their actions, but we need to step back and see what the real issues are and address the REAL enemy.

There is a spiritual hierarchy in place that Christians need to be aware of to be victorious. Things we need to address in prayer and on a spiritual level. There is more to life than what our 5 senses can perceive. When you are feeling depressed, it could just be something physical but it could also be a spirtual attack, one that could possibly lead you into isolation and a downward spiral hard to recover from, when you should be out being a light for someone.

Keike

Enchantmt said:
As a Christian the rules for relationship/sex/homosexuality/fornication are spelled out without any room for interpretation. Man may come up with their own reasoning in order to do what they would want to do, but Gods word is absolute. His kingdom is not a democracy. He doesnt care that you or I say if two folx love each other they should be together regardless. "There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end leads to destruction." Homosexuality is a sin to the Christian faith, no greater or lesser than any other sin. As such, one can be delivered from it. Like any other sin, the believer has responsibility as well. They are to immerse themselves in Gods word in order to have "the mind of Christ" and be strengthened and avoid situations that would lead them to backslide. Will an area one has been delivered from always be a weakness? For some yes, for others no. We are not perfect and even though God gives us the power to be free, we can fall back into a sin. No one is perfect. I realize that there are those present who do not feel that homosexuality is a sin, and that is your right. This however is the Christianity forum, and for Christians, based on the word of God, this is not something that is up for debate.

So once again my faith is questioned? Never mind. Be blessed ladies. I guess it is not hard to be blessed once you appoint yourself Lord and Savior. I will go back to frequenting this board far less. Women here do not know how to agree to disagree. There must always be one last dig so have at it. You will forgive me if I refrain from reading it :).

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Actually there have been people who have been delivered from HIV. I believe Magic Johnson is one of them, but he doesnt want to say. He is still being intimate with his wife, and is healthier than me, and this man has had HIV since I was 13, and I am almost 30 now. I do know of a lady that has been delivere from HIV. There are numerous people who have tested HIV positive, had signs an symptoms, and today have HIV negative results, with out the symptoms, and the medical doctors don't have any explanation for it. God can do all things

Also, to answer the question about being born gay, the answer is yes - in a sense. We all are born of a sinful nature, however once you let that sinful nature take over, then that is when it leads to that persons destruction.

For every action there is a reaction. Sin = destruction and death. Don't you all think it is very strange how HIV first appeared in the gay community, there are consequences when you violate Gods laws. Ultimately we all suffer when we don't follow Gods law, that why we all must make people accountable for there actions.

Keike, I don't think anyone is attacking you. Since this is a Christian forum, most of us here believe ALL of what it is the bible. And the bible very clear on homosexual behavior, just as homosexuality is a sin, so is stealing, lying, etc. Its very frustrating when people say they are Christian, such as homosexuals, or condone that behavior, but then totally skip the parts of the bible that they dont want to hear. If you don't believe in Christianity it a person right, but people who really love the Lord don't like him to be be made a mocary of, like using something he instutitued, such as marriage to suit there own purpose. That won't work with the Lord.

Last edited:

options

beverly said:
Actually there have been people who have been delivered from HIV. I believe Magic Johnson is one of them, but he doesnt want to say. He is still being intimate with his wife, and is healthier than me, and this man has had HIV since I was 13, and I am almost 30 now. I do know of a lady that has been delivere from HIV. There are numerous people who have tested HIV positive, had signs an symptoms, and today have HIV negative results, with out the symptoms, and the medical doctors don't have any explanation for it. God can do all things

Also, to answer the question about being born gay, the answer is yes - in a sense. We all are born of a sinful nature, however once you let that sinful nature take over, then that is when it leads to that persons destruction.

For every action there is a reaction. Sin = destruction and death. Don't you all think it is very strange how HIV first appeared in the gay community, there are consequences when you violate Gods laws. Ultimately we all suffer when we don't follow Gods law, that why we all must make people accountable for there actions.

Keike, I don't think anyone is attacking you. Since this is a Christian forum, most of us here believe ALL of what it is the bible. And the bible very clear on homosexual behavior, just as homosexuality is a sin, so is stealing, lying, etc. Its very frustrating when people say they are Christian, such as homosexuals, or condone that behavior, but then totally skip the parts of the bible that they dont want to hear. If you don't believe in Christianity it a person right, but people who really love the Lord don't like him to be be made a mocary of, like using something he instutitued, such as marriage to suit there own purpose. That won't work with the Lord.

I agree that some people have been healed from HIV, too. I don't know the means for all of them, whether it is a mixture of divine intervention and health/treatment choices, but I have read stories of this occurring.

One caveat though: HIV did not first appear in the gay community. Perhaps it did in the U.S., but globally, HIV is largely a heterosexual phenomenon.

webby

Think Slim
sbaker, thank you for posting this. I had always wondered about his life. From the first time I saw him I suspected he was gay, but never knew that he struggled so, from such an early age. :(

@ enchmnt - I applaud every word you said :clap:

beverly

Staff member
Thanks options, I guess I should have said that it first appeared widespread in the heterosexual community. In the early 80's it was originally labeled by doctors as "the gay cancer", since that was what the doctors thought it was. That was the community that it affected 1st on a widespread basis.

Enchantmt

Keike said:
So once again my faith is questioned? Never mind. Be blessed ladies. I guess it is not hard to be blessed once you appoint yourself Lord and Savior. I will go back to frequenting this board far less. Women here do not know how to agree to disagree. There must always be one last dig so have at it. You will forgive me if I refrain from reading it :).

I am not questioning your or any one elses faith. I'm explaining the Christian doctrine concerning homosexuality. I apologize if it came off as a personal attack. That was not my intention. :)

Last edited:

Chivara

beverly said:

There is no way that anyone can be delivered from HIV. HIV is a virus and there is no way that viruses can be cured. They remain in your body for life. They may be testing negative b/c they have fewer antibodies or some other reason, but believe me, it's still there.

Honeyhips

Lovely
Are you in the medical field?
Chivara said:
There is no way that anyone can be delivered from HIV. HIV is a virus and there is no way that viruses can be cured. They remain in your body for life. They may be testing negative b/c they have fewer antibodies or some other reason, but believe me, it's still there.

beverly

Staff member
If you take a test, and it shows that you do not have any antibodies to it, then you no longer have it. The lady that I am referring to, this did happen too. The doctors can not explain it.

Honeyhips

Lovely
she was not tryinig to get any last digs on you. And I apologize if I made you feel that I was questioning your faith. I just wanted to understand where you were coming from.
Keike said:

MomofThreeBoys

Chivara said:

Why not? Didn't Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead? Did he not heal countless people with leprosy? R U saying that God is not able to heal in this day in age? I have family and friends who have been delivered from Cancer, strokes, diabetes, and countless other ailments. My cousin is an ER physician and he has COUNTLESS stories of how doctors have not been able explain how some people recover from terminal illnesses.

sithembile

Enchantmt said:

Amen and Amen.

Chivara

Honeyhips said:
Are you in the medical field?

You don't have to be in the medical field to know that viruses cannot be cured. I learned that in science class in middle school. I thought that was common knowledge.

Treatment

HIV is a chronic medical condition that can be treated, but not yet cured. There are effective means of preventing complications and delaying, but not preventing, progression to AIDS. At the present time, not all persons infected with HIV have progressed to AIDS, but time has shown that the vast majority do. People with HIV infection need to receive education about the disease and treatment so that they can be active partners in decision making with their health care provider.

Antiretroviral regimens are complex, have serious side effects, pose difficulty with adherence, and carry serious potential consequences from the development of viral resistance because of nonadherence to the drug regimen or suboptimal levels of antiretroviral agents. Patient education and involvement in therapeutic decisions are critical. Treatment should usually be offered to all patients with symptoms ascribed to HIV infection. Recommendations for offering antiretroviral therapy among asymptomatic patients require analysis of real and potential risks and benefits. Panel on Clinical Practices for Treatment of HIV. (Dybul et al 2002) A combination of several antiretroviral agents, termed Highly Active Anti-Retroviral Therapy HAART, has been highly effective in reducing the number of HIV particles in the blood stream (as measured by a blood test called the viral load). This can improve T-cell counts. This is not a cure for HIV, and people on HAART with suppressed levels of HIV can still transmit the virus to others through sex or sharing of needles. There is good evidence that if the levels of HIV remain suppressed and the CD4 count remains greater than 200, then life and quality of life can be significantly prolonged and improved.

Last edited:

Chivara

natalied said:
Why not? Didn't Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead? Did he not heal countless people with leprosy? R U saying that God is not able to heal in this day in age? I have family and friends who have been delivered from Cancer, strokes, diabetes, and countless other ailments. My cousin is an ER physician and he has COUNTLESS stories of how doctors have not been able explain how some people recover from terminal illnesses.

All of the ailments that you have listed above are not viruses. Science shows that there are no cure for viruses. And yes I am saying that God can't heal people from viruses if that's the way you want to put it. He can prolong their life and enable them to lead a happy life, but if it were that simple, I'm sure there weren't be so many people to die from AIDS. Someone with HIV may live to be sixty or seventy years old through God's will, but they will still have HIV.

NewlyNature12

I believe that God is omnipotent, meaning that if it is in His will to remove a virus from someone's body, even if it's HIV, He can do it. Even though those diseases weren't viruses, they are still very damaging to the body. God healed/cured those people, so why wouldn't He be able to cure HIV? Isn't that the point of Him being almighty God???

Sweet C

Camille429 said:
I believe that God is omnipotent, meaning that if it is in His will to remove a virus from someone's body, even if it's HIV, He can do it. Even though those diseases weren't viruses, they are still very damaging to the body. God healed/cured those people, so why wouldn't He be able to cure HIV? Isn't that the point of Him being almighty God???

Amen to that! Actually if you study the history of science, you will see that science is purely based on trial and error. Despite popular opinion, nothing is fact b/c it is subject to be changed once a theory (statement that are highly regarded and ACCEPTED as true) is disproven. For example, during the time of Columbus, science believed that the world was flat and if you went to far you would fall off. By him sailing to America, that killed that theory, so all of science at that time was redeveloped in order to accomodate Columbus' discovery. As of now, science says that a virus can't be cured, but God says that he is able to exceedingly and abundantly above all you can ask or think (Eph 3:20).

Praise Him!
:dance7:

beverly

Staff member
Yes the God I serve does do exceeding above all, thanks for reminding us of that scripture. I believe he has cured people from HIV in the past, and he will continue to do so in the future, if it is his will. Beverly

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Koffie said:
I haven't read this whole thread, but I saw enough to make me respond.

To all those saying that homosexuality cannot be overcome PERIOD, does that that mean that you do not believe that our God is sovereign enough to deliver a gay person from their sin?

Me personally, I do not doubt that God can deliver a homosexual, but I believe that some humans find it so IMPOSSIBLE, that they even begin to doubt God, and if you are doubting God, saying what HE can and can't do, then what does that say about where you are spiritually?

ITA, Koffie. :up:

honeisos

natalied said:
Even if a young boy at the age of 8 was raped? TWICE? You can't see how he might not of went down that path if the rapes had never happened?

I think trauma at that young age can affect people's lives profoundly and make them do things they might not have done in the absence of that trauma.

You hit it on the head ...
when you are sexaully abused as a child .. It destroys you .. you are not the same person younwere before ... and when puberty hits .. it can be very confusing... you already know about sex ... and don't know what to do with the infomation .. you are shamed into hiding the sercret of rape and abuse .

How in the world do you have a chance .. to grow in to being who you are supposed to be... You Don't ... unless you get help...or until you get help..

Honeyhips

Lovely
All I asked was a simple question.
Chivara said:
You don't have to be in the medical field to know that viruses cannot be cured. I learned that in science class in middle school. I thought that was common knowledge.

Treatment

HIV is a chronic medical condition that can be treated, but not yet cured. There are effective means of preventing complications and delaying, but not preventing, progression to AIDS. At the present time, not all persons infected with HIV have progressed to AIDS, but time has shown that the vast majority do. People with HIV infection need to receive education about the disease and treatment so that they can be active partners in decision making with their health care provider.

Antiretroviral regimens are complex, have serious side effects, pose difficulty with adherence, and carry serious potential consequences from the development of viral resistance because of nonadherence to the drug regimen or suboptimal levels of antiretroviral agents. Patient education and involvement in therapeutic decisions are critical. Treatment should usually be offered to all patients with symptoms ascribed to HIV infection. Recommendations for offering antiretroviral therapy among asymptomatic patients require analysis of real and potential risks and benefits. Panel on Clinical Practices for Treatment of HIV. (Dybul et al 2002) A combination of several antiretroviral agents, termed Highly Active Anti-Retroviral Therapy HAART, has been highly effective in reducing the number of HIV particles in the blood stream (as measured by a blood test called the viral load). This can improve T-cell counts. This is not a cure for HIV, and people on HAART with suppressed levels of HIV can still transmit the virus to others through sex or sharing of needles. There is good evidence that if the levels of HIV remain suppressed and the CD4 count remains greater than 200, then life and quality of life can be significantly prolonged and improved.

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
Chivara said:
All of the ailments that you have listed above are not viruses. Science shows that there are no cure for viruses. And yes I am saying that God can't heal people from viruses if that's the way you want to put it. He can prolong their life and enable them to lead a happy life, but if it were that simple, I'm sure there weren't be so many people to die from AIDS. Someone with HIV may live to be sixty or seventy years old through God's will, but they will still have HIV.

honestly, it's very saddening to hear you say that. :( Science says A LOT of things. Science says that something can't be created out of nothing, but God did that--OBVIOUSLY, we're HERE, so He had to have done it. :ohwell: Science says you can't raise a man from the dead too, but Christ did that. Shoot, there are missionaries in Africa raising people from the dead in Jesus' name AS WE SPEAK!

God doesn't give a FLIP about what "science" says. Shoot, he uses science for His GLORY if anything. Science says "you can't do this" and He'll DO IT just to show that He's ALMIGHTY GOD! Why were healing miracles such a large part of Christ's ministry? It defied NATURAL LAWS, and brought GLORY to the Father.

If you don't think God can heal...man...what DO you think God can do? Healing is SIMPLE in my book! And I ask that out of simple curiosity, because He's not "God" if He can't operate in the supernatural.

Last edited:

Koffie

JuJuBoo said:
honestly, it's very saddening to hear you say that. :( Science says A LOT of things. Science says that something can't be created out of nothing, but God did that--OBVIOUSLY, we're HERE, so He had to have done it. :ohwell: Science says you can't raise a man from the dead too, but Christ did that. Shoot, there are missionaries in Africa raising people from the dead in Jesus' name AS WE SPEAK!

God doesn't give a FLIP about what "science" says. Shoot, he uses science for His GLORY if anything. Science says "you can't do this" and He'll DO IT just to show that He's ALMIGHTY GOD! Why were healing miracles such a large part of Christ's ministry? It defied NATURAL LAWS, and brought GLORY to the Father.

If you don't think God can heal...man...what DO you think God can do? Healing is SIMPLE in my book! And I ask that out of simple curiosity, because He's not "God" if He can't operate in the supernatural.

Exaaaaactly!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
JuJuBoo said:

ITA JuJu Boo. :up:

missusM

to the person that said, show me the ppl delivered from hiv/aids..... I will, about 10 to 15 men in our ( my old church in london, pentecostal) church were gay, all of them are married and happy. Thats not to say that they are not tempted by it in certain seasons, but the bible is clear on that, that if you resist the devil he will flee from you, if but for a time. One of them had full blown aids and got delivered from it right there in front of me. I believe that with God all things are possible. As for homosexuality not being a sin, I'm not sure where you read that, but according to ANY bible I read, It SUre IS!

Donnie Mclurkin is a wonderful man of God who has not fully overcome his homosexuality as yet, he has had periods of success, and at other times not so much. This is why we all press toward the mark of the high calling in christ, its the hope of perfection in him that makes us press, not i'm going to compromise with no repentance and hope that God will just accept my mess.

I do think that homosexuality is bashed by the christian community relentlessy, i say, let god be the judge on these folks, some of them ,yes we know their sin, but its God who sees their heart, we are going to have a few shocks on the day of judgement when God allows some in and not others. just be compassionate is all I say.

the focus should be on being holy, consecrated, doing gods will, showing love, giving love, having faith that god is who he says he is: I know that Jezebel spirit, and all the religious spirits run rampant in churches in America, deal with that first, time is running out.

Last edited: