Don't stone me..I have a simple henna question

Kellum

I found a better pic of my hair in my photo stash. This is my hair up close and personal. I don't mind if the henna will give a a red tint i just don't want bright red or orange hair. Let me know what you ladies think. What color would henna turn this

I wouldn't worry about having very bright red hair. Henna only does that to hair that is very light in color like blond, light brown, etc.. you get my drift.

Your hair looks like a dark brown with a little red in it. The henna will not overwhelm your hair with a red tint. The color will be subtle indoors but will be more noticable in the sunlight.

My natural color is a brown with red to it. My concern when I first started hennaing was not to have hair like Bozo the Clown:clown::lachen:. So, when I henna my hair, I don't let the dye release fully. I use Jamila henna and that brand has a slow release. I let my dye release for at least 3 hours at the most and then leave it on my hair for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours at most. I sometimes use a heating cap, or wrap a towel around my head to trap the body heat. I mainly want the conditioning affect to my hair with a little color. I have hennaed many times and still no Bozo the Clown :clown:. The color gets richer, but not brighter. As a matter a fact, I hennaed last night after my touch up. I will post pics in a few days.

Here are some of my pics of my hennaed hair.

Natural light pics, see the color is very rich, not like whoa in your face, gotta love the shine

Taken inside, as you can see the color is not overwhelming, its very subtle and the shine is unbelievable.

I have more pics in my fotki, 2009 Album.

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
^^^^Yeah i would mind that at all. I just didn't want to be bozo either.:lachen:. I love the shine too. Your hair looks good girl.

I only want the conditioning affects too but that hint of color isn't bad. Question: Do i have to let it sit for a while just to get the conditioning and strengthing affect or will using it immediately do the same. I thought the purpose of letting it sit was only for the dye release.