DONT TOUCH MY HAIR!

How do you feel when someone touches your hair without asking?

• Flattered

Votes: 72 13.9%
  • Annoyed

Votes: 386 74.5%
  • Dont care

Votes: 97 18.7%

• Total voters
If someone asks most likely I will say ok but if not I will box that hand away with a quickness. They are invading my personal space. My old workplace this one girl went to touch my hair fully knowing I don't like it, without hesitation I box her hand away accidentally hitting her in her mouth. Did I apologize nope, my response was "that is what happens when you invade personal space damn well knowing I don't like it" After that not one person touched my hair.

If someone asks most likely I will say ok but if not I will box that hand away with a quickness. They are invading my personal space. My old workplace this one girl went to touch my hair fully knowing I don't like it, without hesitation I box her hand away accidentally hitting her in her mouth. Did I apologize nope, my response was "that is what happens when you invade personal space damn well knowing I don't like it" After that not one person touched my hair.

Dang...that's bit much

I think it's SO rude. Maybe this is extreme but it's almost like grabbing someones crotch without asking...:look::look::lol: RUDE!!!!

I don't care if people touch my hair, it doesn't bother me at all. Except earlier this week I wanted to k.o this one boy who grabbed my hair and said "Dang girl you hair got long over vacation. Ch-ch-ch-chia". Wish I could have smacked him...oh the joys of High School hahaha.

Dang...that's bit much
There were multiple people touching my hair her included. At first I politely asked if they could not touch my hair or at least ask. I said this repeatedly only to be ignored they touched my hair as if they had some sort of right and did not ask each time. One day I snapped. So it built up over time it wasn't a one time thing.

I do not like it one bit! (see siggy) I purposely wear my hair up to class yet this one lady couldn't help reaching over to touch some hair that came loose argh....

I selected "dont care", but I didn't see "flattered". I think flattered is more accurate. I consider it a compliment when someone wants to touch my hair. I ask to touch peoples hair sometimes, and though its rare, its only when I LOVE their hair. It's never to invade their personal space or insult someone...I'm surprised so many people are offended by this!?

Last edited:
If it's my guy, fabulous. But it's too intimate to me to have random people do it. Just as I would not want some stranger (or coworker or acquaintance) to come up and kiss me.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but I hatehatehate the creepy way non-black people exotify me and wanting to touch my hair is one of the main ways they act this out (besides men telling me their "black girl" fetish, then getting all disappointed because I "act white").

Like someone said a few posts ago, I'm not a dog, so don't pet me. It's like they only encounter a few people with this kind of hair, so it's their only chance to finally know what it feels like. Ick!

And why are people so shocked that my hair is soft? Like I don't know how to use conditioner!

i usually keep my hair up in a bun or a ponytail and someone pulled on my hair tonight..i KNOW they got a handful of oil and serve that butt right.

Back