Double-processed ladies... I need your help!

Kamilla16

Okay ladies... sadly I've noticed that last year I've only retained maybe 3 inches of hair. :ohwell: I probably cut an inch. I have blonde highlights on the top of my hair and It definitely has caused breakage. Recently I've been trying to figure out if I need moisture or protein... my hair isn't necessarily weak or brittle, but its not too hard either. I've used Aphogee 2 min weekly followed with ORS replenishing conditioner as a DC. This works however I still see little hairs in the sink...Do you think its safe for me to add Aphogee 2 step into my hair regimen before relaxers to help with breakage... or would this be harmful to my double processed mane? TIA :yep:

I'm no expert but I would say lay off the chemicals for a while. Hopefully others will chime in.

Bumping for you......anyone??

Aphogee and ORS are doing nothing for you it seems

Try Tigi Dumb Blonde to DC with.

From your description, it sounds like you would benefit from more moisture. I'm partially highlighted and I've found success with aubrey organics honeysuckle rose and I use joico kpak reconstructor treatment for protein. Also, be sure to moisturize frequently. What do you use for that? Also, do you use a leave in conditioner?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I really don't use anything else for moisture besides the ORS that I leave on for about 1 hour without heat following the Aphogee 2 min. reconstructor... I think I will try co-washing during the week. Sometimes I use cream of nature leave in conditoner. I'm just kinda hesitent to co-wash because I don't want to have to straighten or worry about styling it mid-week. Thanks for your suggestions.

ORS has protein in it; your hair might be responding to the protein ingredients. Try to find a condish that is straight up moisture (like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, etc) and DC with that to see how your hair responds. Cowashing does work wonders; is your hair long enough to put in a bun after you cowash? Sometimes you have to sacrifice style for health.... :)

ETA Just looked at your profile - you're APL so you can def do a cute damp bun after cowashing a couple times a week.. Try co-washing w/ like VO5 Moisture Milks, twice a week for about a month to see if you notice a diff. Build the moisture back up in your hair. :yep:

Last edited:
You need more moisture IMO. Any moisturizing DC will do the trick, also add a little oil and honey to give it some oomph. I like Silk Elements Mega Silk Olive Moisturizing Treatment.

Thanks ladies.. I think I will try to grab some Aubrey organics honeysuckle rose or some better conditioner.. It didn't dawn on me that ORS may have a little protein in it... I'll probably alternate between aphogee 2 min and ORS and get a better DC.

I guess I could do a quick bun or something after co-washing... I think I'll give this a try once I'm out of these kinky twist in February!!

Thanks ladies.. I think I will try to grab some Aubrey organics honeysuckle rose or some better conditioner.. It didn't dawn on me that ORS may have a little protein in it... I'll probably alternate between aphogee 2 min and ORS and get a better DC.

I guess I could do a quick bun or something after co-washing... I think I'll give this a try once I'm out of these kinky twist in February!!

If you're concerned about cowashing, you can use a good moisturizer and seal. I don't cowash because I blow-dry and I dont like buns that much. I seal with Jane Carter nourish and shine. Good luck to you:)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back