Dreaming of Long Hair

senimoni

I'm just curious has anyone ever had a dream where they had really long hair and someone was trying to cut it off. I'm just curious, I'm not saying that happened to me or anything :grin:

OT- What is the past tense of "dream"...."dram"??? Doesn't sound right.

it may be dreamed....I am a linguistics major and my grammar and vocabulary are horrible..figure that one out! :/ ....to answer your question...no, I do not think I have had a dream about long hair....hmmm...I think its dreamt for real!

senimoni said:
I'm just curious has anyone ever had a dream where they had really long hair and someone was trying to cut it off. I'm just curious, I'm not saying that happened to me or anything :grin:

I have but it was before my hair obsession. I remember reading in a dream analysis book that cutting of hair symbolizes a change in your life (or one that is about to occur).

senimoni said:

I have never had one of those dreams, but I have had a dream that because I didn't wear my retainer, my teeth looked horrible, (they were worse in the dream than they could have ever been in real life) and I've had my braces off for like 3 years...and I don't wear my retainer anymore. I've had that dream at least 3 times! How crazy! :D

I had a good friend (who moved away) but in middle school she had near waist length hair. There were 4 girls, and they all had really thick, long hair...well the younger sister that was 2 years younger than my friend was mad at her and cut her hair one night while she was sleeping, and she (my friend) ended up cutting it to above her ears and even shaved the back. :eek:

Last edited:
WEIRD! I had that dream the other night. It was this big, curly fro, it was COOL. (I've heard dreamed and dreamt both used. I want to say that people use dreamed when it happened repeatedly and dreamt when it occurred just once.)

I'm OT again but I also have a recurring dream that I'm in college and I don't realize until the end of the term that I have somehow forgotten to go a particular class so I don't graduate.

senimoni said:
I'm just curious has anyone ever had a dream where they had really long hair and someone was trying to cut it off. I'm just curious, I'm not saying that happened to me or anything :grin: QUOTE]

Why are you curious about someone having such a dream? Is this a fear you have?

pink_flower said:
I have but it was before my hair obsession. I remember reading in a dream analysis book that cutting of hair symbolizes a change in your life (or one that is about to occur).

Funny, I had a dream a few nights ago that I cut my hair off.. Not really really short, but like a bob cut. It was cute though :)

I dream alot that I had brastrap lenght hair, but having a hard time keeping it that lenght! I was wearing it down so much letting the wind blow my hair :bdance: :yay:

senimoni said:

I've had that dream before several times. I don't really know why and I don't really know what it means, if anything. :look:

The past tense of dream is dreamt. :)

All the time lately. I had one where I had so much hair that it was too heavy for my head. I could barely hold my head up.

Isis said:
senimoni said:
I'm just curious has anyone ever had a dream where they had really long hair and someone was trying to cut it off. I'm just curious, I'm not saying that happened to me or anything :grin: QUOTE]

Why are you curious about someone having such a dream? Is this a fear you have?

No I really did have the dream...I was being facetious.

Back