Dressing Up Your Braid Outs

Isis

Ladies who are growing out your hair with braid outs, what do you think are good ways to dress up this style? Or do you dress it up at all?

I love this style unadorned but today I wore a pretty, little flower hairpin on the side and I thought it looked good.
Last week, I wore a skinny braid down one side (of my own hair). What do YOU do to dress up your braid out?

chocolate01

Im a plain jane so I usually just put a headband on and go though I must say the flower hairpin sounds like a good idea.

Nay

I've only used headbands and maybe a pretty comb. But you've got me thinking about a flower. Where do you find those type of hair accessories?

Isis

Nay - I bought a few at a dollar store (a package of pretty silk flowers in different colors, set in hairpins), at Sally's and at Claire's, which were pretty metal flowers inlaid with rhinestones and set in hairpins. Someone on another thread mentioned she likes to wear fresh flowers in her hair. I would like to do that too one of these days.

You and Chocolate01 wear headbands - I haven't tried that yet. Pretty combs sound like a good idea too.

pink_flower

I do the different color headbands to match my clothes or somthing. Also if Im wearing my hair down I will stick a silk flower behind my ear. Other than that I will just pull myhair up or back for a nice wavy ponytail..

blue_flower

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Nay - I bought a few at a dollar store (a package of pretty silk flowers in different colors, set in hairpins), at Sally's and at Claire's, which were pretty metal flowers inlaid with rhinestones and set in hairpins. Someone on another thread mentioned she likes to wear fresh flowers in her hair. I would like to do that too one of these days.

You and Chocolate01 wear headbands - I haven't tried that yet. Pretty combs sound like a good idea too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think flowers look pretty in any woman's hair, no matter the style. I was looking for flower accessories at Sally's and I didn't find any. I like fresh flowers anyway.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:

I love this style unadorned but today I wore a pretty, little flower hairpin on the side and I thought it looked good.
Last week, I wore a skinny braid down one side (of my own hair). What do YOU do to dress up your braid out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I also use flower hair pins. They are my fav.

Ayeshia

whateveryone else said flowers. I get mines from the dollar store, and I work at Kaufmanns/Filenes. They run about 8 bucks but they are still pretty. You can also make your own by purchasing cheap silk flowers and cheap silver clips. I outline the the petals of the flower with glue and sprinkle glitter on the edges of the petals. Then I take the flower and glue it to the clip.

Isis

You are very creative Ayeshia! Some silk flowers are very beautiful and real looking and craft places like Michaels have them on sale sometimes. I buy them for decorating at home anyway. The clips and glitter can probably be found there too.

Isis

Blue Flower - do you just cut the stem of a fresh flower and bobby pin it in your hair? Do you usually grow your own or do you buy your flowers (I know now isn't quite the season yet for growing).

KinksnCurlz

Hmmm
that sounds beautiful. That's for the ideas lady
BTW, i'm a plain jane so other than clipping the top, i don't really do anything else.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I don't really do the flower thing but I love all the pretty clips I purchased from Claire's and Target. When my braid outs are a day or more old I use my clips.

pookeylou

I have been doing a flower lately...it really looks feminine and fun. I find people smile more at me too when I wear one.