Drying Hair

Compassion

Hello, I am new. I am so very glad I found this site, everyone is so imformative here! For the longest it seemed that black hair care has been a big secret, especially with my hair dressor. Anyhow, I have read Cathy Howe's book. I am wonder what is the most effective and safe way to dry type 4 hair. She really was not all that clear in the book. I have relaxed DRY hair. I plan to start following Cathy's suggestions soon. I just need to know about drying. Oh, and if you air dry, how do you keep your hair looking manageable?? What is the "pony tail method" of drying? Thank you very kindly for all responses. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peace and blessings,
Compassion

sweetcocoa

Hello and welcome. Alot of ladies here don't use the blowdryer when drying. There are lots who do the ponytail method of drying(in variations). You could also try rollersetting.

pebbles

Hi Compassion,

Cathy Howes recommends air drying hair. That's what I do all the time. After I wash my hair, I spray my hair with her hair Dew and let it dry naturally. On the days that I do rollersets, I usually pick a day that I am going to stay home and let my hair air dry as well. It always comes out nice and I have never had problems with it. She also says that you can use a regular dome dryer, but try to limit the use of the blow dryer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Compassion

Welcome to the board. Apologies if I've welcomed you already /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you want a tip on drying your hair after getting out of the shower before you dry it totally.

Drap a towel on your head and pat the towel down on your head and blot it all over and cover the hair with the towel and squeeze the excess water out. Years ago I used to vigourously rub it which wasn't good at all for my hair.