Dumb Question; But I Just Have to Ask

Trell

I have been reading alot about the baggie method. My question is, exactly how long do you leave the baggie on? Do you just wear it for the day and remove it at night? Or, do you just leave it on until you re-do your Phony Pony?

I'm not seasoned in this method so I've done it both ways. When I wear a phony ponytail (not often so far) I wear a baggie other wise I've worn it at bedtime and around the house on occasion.

I do this method to my daughter's freshly washed hair. I use World of curls gel and vasaline until stick straight; then braid, baggie, nylon sock cap and scrungie, this stays for 5 days at a time. I make 4 or 5 stylish corn braids in the front and join them to the ponytail baggie in back.

I wear the baggie until I wash again, which can be 3 to 5 days later. The only time I will take the baggie off is to put more moisturizer on. I find that it is best not to manipulate the hair, that is the reason why I consider the baggie method so convenient

You may want to do a search for the method and you will find lots of details about how to do this.

Basically, you first put your hair in a ponytail, coat your ends with the product of your choice (many like to use vaseline) and cover the ends with a ziplock baggie.Secure the baggie over your ponytail with a scrunchie or stocking with the foot cut out. Then cover your baggie with a phony ponytail or make a bun.

I took my phony ponytail off and showed my baggie technique to my girlfriends lastnight. They laughed so hard about it but, they know it is the best thing for my ends.

I can't leave the baggie on for more then a day. I think it's because my hair is still short and after a while, my hair starts to feel heavy and sore from being up all day. I like to take it down at night to breathe.

Check out the visual in my album to see a version of the baggie technique.
smile.gif

Back