Duo Tex By Ultra Sheen

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Does anyone anyone use this? I work with a licensed stylist and she said the Duo Tex is as good as Dudley DRC. It's available at Sally's and I was thinking about trying it some day.

Ali,

This is it:

100120.jpg

By the way ladies, I stopped by Sally's and purchased this and used it tonight. My breakage is null and void! I'm very impressed with this product and even more impressed that it's a HUGE bottle for $5.89. :)

Hmmm.. Im going to try this, what level of protien would this be considered

light
med
heavy
????

TIA

Supergirl said:
Ali,

This is it:

100120.jpg

By the way ladies, I stopped by Sally's and purchased this and used it tonight. My breakage is null and void! I'm very impressed with this product and even more impressed that it's a HUGE bottle for $5.89. :)

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for this one!

I used this tonight and so far so good. I am almost at 12 weeks post relaxer and had been experiencing some breakage. Tonight after I rinsed this out. I got out 3 pieces, during my shampoo I had 20-30. I like the smell. It is very runny and watery but it works.

I am going to start using this as pre-poo.

The duo tex did more for me in one night than the CPR I have been using twice a week in 3 weeks. I also get more for a comparable price.

Never tried it,but a friend of mines put a ORS olive oil relaxer in and although she didn't burn during the process. Once she finished the whole process her hair came out real bad( in patches).Well she went to her salon and the lady asked if she had any burning and she said no or maybe some stinging,well she had chemical burns on the scalp and was told she may have gotten a bad batch of perm or didn't mix completely. She told me the lady did a few treatments of DUO TEX and how it did seem to have stop the breakage.She is now going natural and wears her hair in a straw like set and is slowly cutting the relaxer out. I think she gets it done @ the salon once a week or every two weeks. It looks healthy.

Supergirl said:
Ali,

This is it:

100120.jpg

Hi Supergirl,

Do you mind me asking how exactly you used it? My sis' has breakage and needs some serious help.

thanks in advance,
tishee

I've used it in the past with good results. I didn't have breakage or anything though. It's a good price, you can even find it in the $4 range at some spots.

tishee said:
Hi Supergirl,

Do you mind me asking how exactly you used it? My sis' has breakage and needs some serious help.

thanks in advance,
tishee

I'm not Supergirl...but I love Duo Tex and since it is a liquid nearly as thin as water I put it in a spray bottle and spray it on damp hair...lots of it and comb my hair straight.

The spraying prevents all the waste I used to get by trying to pour it over.

I leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse.

The best thing is the variety of protein it uses: collagen. It leaves my hair not only strong but bouncy.

(aphogee uses animal protein...others use keratin. Emergencee uses collagen and something else).

I used this for the first time last week the same way, except I poured it over, combed thru then rinsed. I was very impressed.

My hair is strong but not hard.

I combed down my wrap today. the breakage is a lot less than it was, but I think that I just need to relax or find something to put on my new growth.

So are you all using it post shampoo and conditioner? I could really use this; my breakage is awful : (!

I use it after shampooing and before a moisturizing conditioner.

EXCEPT when relaxing. Then, I use it after rinsing the relaxer out but before the neutralizing shampoo (as per bottle instructions).

It's great to have a protein you can use on the day of the relaxer. :yep:

Synthia said:
I'm not Supergirl...but I love Duo Tex and since it is a liquid nearly as thin as water I put it in a spray bottle and spray it on damp hair...lots of it and comb my hair straight.

The spraying prevents all the waste I used to get by trying to pour it over.

I leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse.

The best thing is the variety of protein it uses: collagen. It leaves my hair not only strong but bouncy.

(aphogee uses animal protein...others use keratin. Emergencee uses collagen and something else).

thanks Synthia!:)

Back