Dying for Curly Hair

Pumpkin

I abosutely love loose curly hair. It is something I've always wanted and I used to get so jealous of my Dominican friend. My hair is relaxed now and I think some curls would revive my plain ole bun look. I don't want those crispy hot iron curls. I want loosely flowing ones kind of like Ashanti.
How do I get my hair to do this??

Thank you /images/graemlins/confused.gif

LondonDiva

Pumpkin,

You could try a braid out or a twist out to get some loose waves. I think it Adrienne that took pictures of a braid out before and after and the results were beautiful. Try paging her to see if she still has them and doesn't mind sharing.

Other than that a rollerset is another protective way of adding some curls to your relaxed hair or do "a Caramela" and use rods (correct me if I'm wrong Caramela) to curl the hair. (see Caramela's hair journal on the home page of this board)

G

Have you ever tried the John Frieda Ripple Effect wave-maker spray? I liked it but my stylist complained about it making my hair curly when it is wet./images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Or try scrunching you hair with gel and/or mousse when it is wet. That's how I achive my curly/wavy natural look now, since I can't use the other stuff.

sweetcocoa

I'm doing that this weekend. I set my hair on small(pink) magnetic rollers in spiral fashion...then after it's dry I pull it up on top of my hair in a loose 'high' ponytail(just above the crown). In the morning I shake loose. I get loose curls that last a week(when I don't exercise). I only finger comb it and maintain it by pulling it back up at night(tying a scarf around the hairline) and finger comb only till I shampoo again. It you comb it you'll remove some of the 'natural curl look'.