Early AM Jobs...How do you Co-Wash for work?

SaintLuxe

Hi Ladies,

I need a little advice....I get up at 5:30am, have to be at work at 7am, & would like to co-wash before I go. The issue is that I don't think that my hair will be dry enough by the time I go to work. How do you early morning ladies co-wash & go to work?

TIA!

Are you relaxed or natural? I did a wash and go at night once (just washed my hair) and then let it dry in ponytails overnight. Then in the morning I added my gel and shook it. It worked well and I didn't have to walk around with wet hair all day.

I do mine at night before bed. Let it airdry then sleep with my bonnet. In the morning spritz it with water to refresh it. It dries while I get ready for work.

If you wash it right before you got to bed then it might not be dry but if you maybe wash it after dinner or a little earlier, you should have no problem and it should be dry.

I co wash before work all the time. I can't do it before bed unless I want a shrunken fro because it will be too matted.
Sometimes my hair is still a little wet in the afternoon but only if I don't leave the car windows down when driving to work.

Co-wash > moisturize > bun > run out the house.

Sometimes the inside of my bun isn't dry by the time I get home so I take it out.

I wash in the morning and I let it air dry throughout the day..usually by lunch time it's dry. I wear it curly so you really cant tell it's wet after 3 hours.

Last edited:
I co wash before I go to work all the time but I only do buns or use a clip.

this is what i do ( i have to be at work at 6) ...i'm relaxed....but if i wanted the wash n go look i'd co-wash in the morning and then use the micro-fiber towel thingy leave my hair wrapped in that while i get ready (so that the towel absorbs most of the moisture) and then right before i leave take it down apply what products i'm using and go...usually by the afternoon i'm dry or almost there...but never dripping wet.

I wash in the morning and I let it air dry throughout the day..ususally by lunch time it's dry. I wear it curly so you really cant tell it's wet after 3 hours.
I do the same thing. At night I braid my hair in 4 drenched in conditioner. The next morning I wash out the conditioner in the shower. After the shower I rub some castor oil grease and t-tree oil in it quickly and it air dries throughout the day. (I'm texlaxed) so it just looks like I had blown out natural hair. But I love it quick and easy and really pretty.

I cowash every morning before I go to work. I always let it airdry while I'm at work. My hair is curly so most people just think that it's shiny.

I co-wash almost everyday. I leave the house with wet hair no matter the season. My hair is damp/wet most of the time. Doesn't bother me or my hair.

I usually do my cowash at night, put in a single french braid. In the morning I'll either keep my braid in or take it out and finger comb into a loose bun (like my avatar):grin:...Quick, simple, and works for me.

Wow, I knew I could count on my LHCF ladies for some solid advice:yep:. Since I am relaxed, I may try to co-wash the night before & spritz w/leave-in in the morning. That way I have a better chance having drier hair by the time I get to work. Also, i can take my time to detangle, too. Thanks soo much for helpful tips!

I wash in the morning and I let it air dry throughout the day..usually by lunch time it's dry. I wear it curly so you really cant tell it's wet after 3 hours.

Me too whenever I wear washngo. Try a microfiber towel to blot your hair dry in the morning; when i do this i can add my moisturizer and gel and nothing's dripping down my back during the morning.

The sleeping in several ponytails thing that Bmore mentioned is a good one too. it helps prevent so much shrinkage.

Back