Early Christmas Present- Shamboosie!!

H

HoneyRockette

I know I am extremely late but I just got the Shamboosie book in the mail today. The weird thing is, it was a gift from someone who addressed the package "Honeyrockette". I don't think I ever expressed desire on the board to read this book but since I got it for free, I certainly will read it! Forgive me if I resurrect the Shamboosie book discussion but I can already tell I will have comments on it.

pebbles

After you read it, let me know if you want to talk about it! I would love to discuss his book. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

H

HoneyRockette

I don't know BlkMane. I was thinking it could be my sister playing a joke on me. Not unless cyber stalkers send gifts now.

NayNay

HoneyRockette,
I just read the book from the library and it is good-nice pointers. He grazed over what to expect from a good hair product. What I am waiting for is a book that explains all the chemical products in the shampoos & conditioners. I want to figure out what each one does to your hair and then go from there. I was excited about the book at first then slowed my roll when he mentioned.....HEAT! A lot of the products he recommends include petrolum derivatives and mineral oil, which I guess used sparingly aren't bad......Hey he is the SHAMBOO I am just a sista with shoulder length hair........

H

HoneyRockette

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
What I am waiting for is a book that explains all the chemical products in the shampoos &amp; conditioners.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several books like that. There is one that is the encyclopedia of cosmetic ingredients. It is $150. I sat down and read some of it in Barnes and Noble but it was far too expensive to buy. It is really technical though. Paula Begoun also has a book called "Don't go shopping for Hair Care Producs without me". I happen to have this book and it explains what products do according to their ingredient list. You should read it if you get a chance.

hairfanatic

Hi HoneyRockette,

I have the book also and I am sure with all the newbies that have joined, it would make for a great discussion.

LondonDiva

HoneyRockette,

Remember in the confessional when you said you gave your mother the link to this thread. Could she have perhaps sent you the book?

pmichael52172

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I don't know BlkMane. I was thinking it could be my sister playing a joke on me. Not unless cyber stalkers send gifts now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case.... I'd REALLY love my car paid off.

BlkMane

He actually states it is okay to hot curl everyday as long as you use Dudley products!!! Personally, I don't agree with a lot of the book. He also thinks it is okay to put braid extensions on 3 year olds!!

The most informative part of the book for me was the color section (hair coloring) and the info about why no-lye relaxers are bad. Other than that, I wasn't impressed.