Eco Styler Curl Activator

Lady-RuffDiamond

I have used this and LOVE it for my W&Gs. It really does fight the shrinkage and frizz.

The bad news is that I never see it in the shops. I returned to my local BBS and there were no more jars on the shelves.

Is this because it's a new product, or is it because it's popular?

If there are any ladies in London who has seen this on the shelves, can you shout out where I can get a jar.

This stuff is lush!

Lady-RuffDiamond

Well , lookie here. Theres no glycerin in it.

https://ecocoinc.com/eco-natural-curl-activator-aloe

It acts as if there is glycerin in it. As the weather gets more humid, my hair gets more moisturised. It adds weight to the hair. There is definitely less shrinkage. Also, if it does shrink, which it finally does after three (yes three) days, it shrinks to a state where it is still wearable.

This stuff is good.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
It acts as if there is glycerin in it. As the weather gets more humid, my hair gets more moisturised. It adds weight to the hair. There is definitely less shrinkage. Also, if it does shrink, which it finally does after three (yes three) days, it shrinks to a state where it is still wearable.

This stuff is good.

Might be the panthenol. you're overseas right? When does it cool down?

Last edited:

Lady-RuffDiamond

Well , lookie here. Theres no glycerin in it.

https://ecocoinc.com/eco-natural-curl-activator-aloe
U https://www.redbubble.com/people/gr...-and-white?p=sticker&size=small&size=extra_la
The jar in the
Does it have any hold? How does it compare to the gels?

I like Eco styler gel, but I need something that's protein free.

It has a very light hold. There is a gel cast but it's very light. Argan oil gel has about three times more hold than the curl activator. In fact, the jar of the curl activator gel does not have a numbered scale of hold that is on the other gel jars that I used to see on the sides of the containers.

Compared to the other gels its not crunchy and hard. Its softer, with just the right amount of hold, defining the curl with no frizz and gives the curls weight to prevent shrinkage. Definitely a keeper.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
It’s the propylene glycol. Propylene glycol is a humectant.

I didn't even see that listed too. ! Oh okay. I wonder if it feels like regular CAG and why is it $14

wonder if they both act like glycerin in colder weathers

ETA panthenol is a moisturizer and a humectant if Im not mistaken

Lady-RuffDiamond

I feel like $14 is too much to spend for anything from Eco styler, but I still want to try it.
In the UK it is £2.99 for an 8oz jar.

I agree it is a bit pricey, but when you think of gels like KKC, I did shrug my shoulders and handed over the money.

ETA

I did notice that it seems to be that 8oz jars are the only size that is being sold at the moment. If it is going to be that pricey, then I don't hold out hope for a larger jar to land on our shelves.