economy friendly DCs/treatments

shakenspirit

I was wondering what the best and cheapest dcs and treatments are that you ladies have used and how you used them. usually when i look at the boards i see mostly products that are expensive.i get my hair products from rite aid lol...i have been using Motions deep penetrating treatment to dc since i went natural but i would like to try something new maybe venture out of rite aid ans go to the bss lol.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated btw my hair is 3c/4a and natural if that matters

I have found a lot of dominican dc treatments are cheap and great (such as Silicon Mix). I went to bluebeez.com and found a ton of domican dc for under $10.

I like Garnier Fructis Haircare Fortifying Deep Conditioner 3 Minute Masque. Pantene Pantene Pro-V 5 Minute Strengthening Mask is another good one. They are both under $10.

One of the cheapest yet effective DC's I have done to date is Coconut Cream and Coconut Oil mix, no rhyme or reason to how I mix the two, I just add a little bit of each. Put a plastic cap/or grocery bag on my head and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes.

You can buy Coconut Cream from any Asian Market, or maybe even a specialty store like Whole Foods, and you can buy the Coconut Oil from there as well. Total DC cost = $3.00

cholesterol!! Either Queen Helene's or Lustrasilk's (sp?)
They don't work for everybody's head, but for a $1.69 (in my area, at least), it doesn't hurt to try.
cheap way to make any conditioner balanced? add an egg, and there you have a protein/moisture treatment.

Pantene's Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Conditioning Mask $5+

I used this before I got anti-cones. I may try this again though my hair always felt soft afterwards and I always mixed it with a little honey

Suave Humectant- $3 per liter
Lekair Shea Butter Cholesterol- $2
Queen Helene Cholesterol- $2
Aubrey Organics HSR and IO- $6 on vitaglo

Aubrey Organics GPB-a nice shot of protein and moisture in one. It costs approximately $9 at the Vitamin Shoppe.

My hair loves it when I mix my cholesterol conditioner with coconut oil and together it averages out to about 4 or 5 dollars. Oh, I usually leave this on overnight.

I don't have a favorite cheapie, but I stretch my DC with a cheapie product. I use the 7 Oil that they sell at the Sally's Beauty supply and mix it with my DC. It helps the DC to stetch and almost gives the effect of a hot oil treatment if I sit under the dryer.

Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol
Lekair Shea Butter Cholesterol
Lekair Aloe Vera Cholesterol
Coconut Milk mixed w/ any moisturizing conditioner

Those are my staple DC's, they're inexpensive less than $3 each, and they're effective for my hair. ;)

I say mix an oil (like Olive, Jojoba, Avocado, or etc.) with a conditioner to add that extra umph, making the conditioner more dc-like. I like to do that.

Back