Ecostyler + ???

Cherokee-n-Black

Hello,
I've been trying to get my $2 worth out of my ecostyler (olive oil) gel, which dried the crap out of my hair the first time I used it. I've read here that some people have no dryness issues with it, while many people use it with an oil or other moisturizer. I've seen people use it with regular olive oil, but for some reason my hair does not like olive oil straight up. Any suggestions for a moisturizer to use with? (or, what do you use?)

Hello,
I've been trying to get my $2 worth out of my ecostyler (olive oil) gel, which dried the crap out of my hair the first time I used it. I've read here that some people have no dryness issues with it, while many people use it with an oil or other moisturizer. I've seen people use it with regular olive oil, but for some reason my hair does not like olive oil straight up. Any suggestions for a moisturizer to use with? (or, what do you use?)

I'd like to know where you got ecostyler for this price. I got the clear one at walgreens for like $5 I think.

I use the black Ecostyler and I make sure I apply lots of conditioner or a product with just the right amount of moisture (right now I'm using the Curls Souffle I bought at Target) otherwise it'll dry my hair out. I love this gel :drunk:

Whatever you do, do not mix it with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner. I get these mcnasty hair boogers whenever I forget.

I put in my modified Kimmay Tube leave -in (really modified) 2 TBSP conditioner + 2 TBSP of AVG (didn't add the oil because I was applying the Smoothie). I then I put on Shea Moisture Smoothie.

My hair is smooth and moisturized. I think any water based leave-in, with a moisturizing cream would work.

I created a mix (which I need to make another batch because I tried eyeballing and was a disaster) remember use what you have.

6 TBLSP Ecostyler Argan Oil
3 TBLSP AVG
3 TBLSP Grapeseed Oil
20 drops Sweet Orange Oil

My hair has to be well moisturized prior to using this gel.. otherwise.. a hard, crunchy mess

I alternate.... shea butter mixture, garnier fructis leave in, vaseline... regardless of what I use.. my first product is always my water bottle mix (water, avg, veg glycerin, Infusium 23 moisture replenisher conditioner)

works for me and I dont use the gel daily

I put in my modified Kimmay Tube leave -in (really modified) 2 TBSP conditioner + 2 TBSP of AVG (didn't add the oil because I was applying the Smoothie). I then I put on Shea Moisture Smoothie.

My hair is smooth and moisturized. I think any water based leave-in, with a moisturizing cream would work.

I'm scared of Kimmaytube's leave-in! LOL. I'm not a "mixer," I'm afraid.

I use the black Ecostyler and I make sure I apply lots of conditioner or a product with just the right amount of moisture (right now I'm using the Curls Souffle I bought at Target) otherwise it'll dry my hair out. I love this gel :drunk:

Whatever you do, do not mix it with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner. I get these mcnasty hair boogers whenever I forget.

:lachen:@ mcnasty hair boogers! I know allll about 'em. I will remember this, as well as the Curls Souffle, really wanting to try the Target Curls on my hair (work great on DD's hair)

I created a mix (which I need to make another batch because I tried eyeballing and was a disaster) remember use what you have.

6 TBLSP Ecostyler Argan Oil
3 TBLSP AVG
3 TBLSP Grapeseed Oil
20 drops Sweet Orange Oil

Well, you see I'm not a mixer, but this doesn't sound tooo bad--except for the sweet orange oil...where the heck do you get that?

lol I got it from my old local grocery store. it isn't needed, i just like the smell of oranges, lol.

I ended up giving my olive oil Ecostyler away. No matter what I used with it, it dried my hair out like crazy. I recommend using the Ecostyler with a softer hold like the Blue one at hold #5.

I usually use the pink and blue one, but all I have left is the Argan and olive. They both work REALLY WELL with my Curl Junkie's Smoothing Lotion. I was actually surprised because they use to give me super crunchy hair.

Back