Egg WHITES for hair growth?

EbonyEyes

I've read a few threads about eggs and hair growth. One interesting fact is the egg yolk of a large egg contains 250mg of l-cysteine.

But due to my concern about cholesterol, I didn't want to eat 2-3 whole eggs a day. I was thinking about eating just egg whites. The downside is I lose the 250mg of l-cysteine by not eating the yolk.

But who is eating just the white of the egg and is having success?

How many egg whites are you eating a day?

Has anybody tried Egg Beaters as an egg substitute?

Thanks in advance,

Ebony

Nonpareil

I don't think eggs have that bad of an effect on your cholesterol if you're careful. I am on the Atkins Diet, so I eat an egg every day. So far my cholesterol is fine - but I also don't eat bacon everyday so...

EbonyEyes

[ QUOTE ]
virtuasis said:
I don't think eggs have that bad of an effect on your cholesterol if you're careful. I am on the Atkins Diet, so I eat an egg every day. So far my cholesterol is fine - but I also don't eat bacon everyday so...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

-Ebony

Isis

I've learned eggs got a bad rap several years ago and now they are saying eggs are great for us. I eat at least one whole egg daily because I want all the vitamins and minerals eggs have (yolk and whites) and I love eggs!

LondonDiva

EE I eat 4 egg whites a day. I hard boil them. Sometimes I may eat the whole egg each time, other times I'll just have the whites and other times I may have one WHOLE egg out of 4 and eat the other 3 whites.

I've had major success with eggs along with Surge and 10mg of biotin daily

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
I've learned eggs got a bad rap several years ago and now they are saying eggs are great for us. I eat at least one whole egg daily because I want all the vitamins and minerals eggs have (yolk and whites) and I love eggs!

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO. It's now been found that the cholesteral in eggs are actually the GOOD stuff that the body needs. Eggs are a whole food. Remember how margarine was supposed to be better than butter? Now butter is better because the hydrogenated oils in margarine are so bad? Same story, the whole egg is REALLY okay.

LondonDiva

I second that!

However for people with cholesterol problems it's not advisable to consume a large amount of whole eggs.

The white is the protein, the yolk is the fatty part (good fatty
)

ANaturalBrotha

You may not want to eat just egg whites or alot of products that contain egg whites because they deplete the biotin in your system.

soulchild

[ QUOTE ]
ANaturalBrotha said:
You may not want to eat just egg whites or alot of products that contain egg whites because they deplete the biotin in your system.

[/ QUOTE ]

...If they are raw

LondonDiva

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
[ QUOTE ]
ANaturalBrotha said:

[/ QUOTE ]

...If they are raw

[/ QUOTE ]

True soulchild

Eggs are a good source of biotin.