Elasta QP Bodyfying Shampoo & also Paging ArmyQT

LondonDiva

A tip for those that use the curl activator on their hair. I basically have been using the activator consistently on daily basis which has been excellent for moisture. However I don't seem to have been washing it out properly on my bi-weekly hair washes. I had to shampoo my hair 3 times before it was clean. The mistake I have been making is using moisturising shampoos on top of hair already moisturised /images/graemlins/nuts.gif I thought I was doing myself a favour. Obviously not. /images/graemlins/nono.gif The activator must have seeped through to my brain.
Anyways after several failed attempts to comb through my hair it was matted dry (even with water on it) and tangled. (At this point I was ready to punch the wall I was that pissed off /images/graemlins/mad.gif So my last hope was in the elasta QP Bodyfying shampoo which I have used before, but refrain from using it often because it leaves the hair feeling really stripped and sometimes quite dry and always have to follow it up with the breakthru. Anyways after 2 major shampoos with this giving the whole of the hair and scalp a good scrub with my fingers my hair felt like new. I was able to comb through it immediately without it snagging. I hardly lost any hair and my hair felt extrememly soft. I didn't have to finish up with the breakthru like I usually do.

I don't have a claryfying shampoo and am yet to own one, but I'm assuming this shampoo performed something similar to what the claryfying shampoos do. After 2 weeks of moisturising and washing I had no idea that I had product build up. /images/graemlins/nono.gif And there's me thinking I had a bad hair day. I'm now wondering if I could have stretched my relaxer longer than 6 weeks if I had used this shampoo as opposed to the breakthru /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif I put so much activator on it to try and tame the new growth that I probably had product overload. Hopefully around week 6 this will help to stretch it a bit longer. I feel so stupid. /images/graemlins/blush.gif How could I possibly of thought by getting rid of moisture on my hair through my shampoo that it was a good idea to moisturise the already moist hair. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif Well at least out of a bad situation I found a new use for a product that I wasn't too keen on. It's now my new best friend.

BTW ArmyQT I guess I'm ready to try the intense again. I used it the other night and thought it was making certain areas of my hair dry, and the time I used it before was just before touch up time when my hair was overloaded with products. Now that it's clean again I'm going to give it a go for a third time. I will let you know then my true feelings toward the product. So 2 out of 3 ain't bad for now. I'm loving the H-Two that is definitely a keeper. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
So my last hope was in the elasta QP Bodyfying shampoo which I have used before, but refrain from using it often because it leaves the hair feeling really stripped and sometimes quite dry and always have to follow it up with the breakthru.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why my hair felt stripped before was because I was using this pre curl activator days and my hair wasn't coated and very clean. I think I'm going to have to use this shampoo for each wash followed by a moisturising one like breakthru and a deep condition.

Armyqt

Hey LD, looks like you had a lighbulb moment /images/graemlins/think.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm glad you figured out what was causing the problem and was able to put that shampoo to some use. Be sure to get back and let me know how the intense works. I'm still "feeling" it right now. If that changes, I'll let ya know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll like it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, I went out and picked up the moisturizing shampoo you suggested. I haven't used it yet, but I'll let you know when I do. Thanks for the update!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

beana3

it seems like the 3 of us are going Elasta crazy. I was in a BSS that sold these products really cheap and it took all the will power in the world to walk out of there w/ only the DPR! The DPR functions like a high quality cholesterol condit for me, I mixed it with the intense, so I dont know how well it works on its own, but I'll find out next wash day.

LD, I hope u have some luck with the Intense this next time; I cant say enough about how good this stuff is. I prefer it over my ORS now. I never thought a condit w/ this consistency would work wonders on my hair and it does! I'm purchasng the 33.8oz bottle next time.

i didn;t pick up the creme condit shamp b/c i figured i had the CON and Breakthru which both ACT as condit shamps.
LD, I'm really liking the Profetiv shamp b/c it leaves my hair soft without the coated feeling that CON and breakthru has. Maybe if you use this for weekly washings you wont have build-up. I used this last night after having loads of breakfree on my hair and s-curl spray, and it cleaned it thoroughly. I'm abit concerned about using this 2x's a week though /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I also tried the H-2 last night, and i was not too excited about it. I combed it through 1/2 way and decided to finish up w/ my Joico.

LondonDiva

Armyqt

I'm trying the intense tonight. I'm going to clean my hair real well with the bodyfying shampoo and start afresh again. Too much activator, but it's ok /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'll let you know (3rd time lucky) how it turns out.

LondonDiva

I'm really liking the Profetiv shamp b/c it leaves my hair soft without the coated feeling that CON and breakthru has.[/b]

I'm glad you liked it beana /images/graemlins/clap.gif It quite gentle IMO for a SLS shampoo.

Tracy

If you could recommend the top three products from this line ladies what would they be?

I want to try it but I can't afford all the goodies I've seen mentioned. I love a lot of slip...are any of the Elasta products good on the "slip tip"? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

beana3

Tracy, my #1 pick is the Intense conditioner its great at giving that slip effect and runs from $2.49-$2.99 for an 8oz bottle!

DPR-11 is like a high quality cholesterol deep treatment. I see it for $5 most places.

Oh and the Mango Butter!

Armyqt

Hi Tracy... my three picks are :

1. Intense Conditioner
2. Penetrating Moisturizer
3. DPR-11
4. Mango butter

OOOPS!! That was 4 /images/graemlins/blush.gif. You could get all these for under $10. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tracy

Thanks Beanakins.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aqt,

OOOPS!! That was 4 . You could get all these for under $10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under $10 bucks? Fabulous! In which case you could recommend 4 more and still technically not really be steering me in the wrong direction at all! LOL! Kust kiddin' ya love...

I'ts good to see you guys agreeing on the products as well....that makes the recs even more tittilating. :giggle:

Thanks guys,

Tray