Electric hot comb recommendations

Mz.MoMo5235

For years I have owned the gold n hot elect hot come with 20 setting. I left it home when I went to India so it was packed up with all of my curling irons, hooded drier and rollers. I came back and still have the rollers and hooded drier but no hot comb or curling irons.

Since I need to get a new hot comb I figured I'd hear from you ladies which is the best. I can only do elect hot comes because I'm not at all trained or skilled to use an oven or the stove top lol.

So help me out please?

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

felic1

I have Gold and Hot. Five of them but I have not pressed my hair in a while. They work well,

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i have an andis. i still use it from time to time but i prefer the flat iron nowadays

Black Ambrosia

Bumping...

I've often wondered why you don't see ceramic or titanium pressing combs. You see this all day with flat irons but I've only seen a ceramic pressing comb on amazon and the reviews weren't great.

Seamonster

^In my Butterfly voice 'I don't know nothing about no electric hot comb!' Girl, you betta stick with gold and hot. I had one of those back in the day, but I was never that good with a hot comb. Just got rid of my stove and the only hot comb that didn't rip my hair out a few years ago, in spite of the fact I haven't pressed my hair in 15 years. :lachen:

Mz.MoMo5235

^In my Butterfly voice 'I don't know nothing about no electric hot comb!' Girl, you betta stick with gold and hot. I had one of those back in the day, but I was never that good with a hot comb. Just got rid of my stove and the only hot comb that didn't rip my hair out a few years ago, in spite of the fact I haven't pressed my hair in 15 years. :lachen:

No! Lol

I have to use the electric kind cause I'm scared I will burn my little bit of hair off with the kind that you use the oven!

See I prefer flat iron to hot comb too once I found a good flat iron. But I would still use the hot comb on my kitchen til it got long enough for the flat iron.

Right now at my length my hair doesn't seem to straighten with a flat iron so I thought to my self "I bet my hot come will do the trick!" But it's hiding or my brother let one of his stank females take it while I was gone.

So I figured if I'm going to get a new one I might as well upgrade. But from the looks of it gold n hot is the top dog???

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I still love my andis! i have been using it more recently! i think its better then getting one of those mini flat irons. i still burn myself from time to time though:look:

Mz.MoMo5235

Mines a gold n hot. I've had this thing forever and a say. Love it!

BonBon

Is the hot comb bad for fine hair?

Cant remember the make of the one I had but it barely got hot or straightened my hair lol.:perplexed

Mz.MoMo5235

Not that I'm aware of. The electric ones have temp settings so you can set it to the temp best for your texture.

I like it more than my flat iron sometimes

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I feel like the hot comb is best for the edges. I can flat iron all day and get hair straight but those edges need some help.

Mz.MoMo5235

Exactly! The hot comb is the bid-ness when it comes to edges the kitchen and short hair. My flat iron still doesn't give me the results I want at my length. But when I was wl and longer my flat iron was my go to and I would just tie my edges down over night or use the hot comb for just the edges and kitchen