Elucence Normal or Phyto Index II

Faith

I am looking for something that will straighten my hair but leave it as strong as possible without drying it out. I'm not feeling the Mizani lye regular or the Affirm mild I have used. So, Elucence Normal or Phyto Index II? All opinions welcome.

Naijaqueen

Faith said:
I am looking for something that will straighten my hair but leave it as strong as possible without drying it out. I'm not feeling the Mizani lye regular or the Affirm mild I have used. So, Elucence Normal or Phyto Index II? All opinions welcome.

Havent used Elucence so cant comment on it but used Phyto II week ago, I loved it, my hair came out looking healthy and strong, had it on for 35mins felt no tingle, it was nice, no burns at all. Pics are in my fotki

ichephren

I have used the Elucence Gentle relaxer before and it was VERY gentle. I felt like it was mostly conditioner. However, my hair was a bit dryer than my natural hair, bot not that much dryer. I am not sure how strong the normal is...I now that Miosy uses Elucence, maybe you should PM her. I think the Normal would probably be considered a mild relaxer still. I know that the Phyto II will def leave your hair strong w/o drying it out.

auntybe

I have never used Phyto...I used Elucene Gentle and Normal. Both left my hair really soft. My hair is naturally very dry. I haven't had any problems with the relaxers.

Auntybe

Supastar

I had my hairstylist straighten my hair for my wedding and she used a Pyto pre-conditioner--it is the bomb. My hair is always straight and bouncy when she does it, but this stuff made it extra soft, bouncy and shiny. There was a huge difference in my hair.

Healthb4Length

Is the Elucence normal strength relaxer lye or no lye? I'd love to use it but I have a Lye relaxer in my hair and I have no intentions of trying no-lye.:)

Mystic

I used to use lye relaxer before and I now use Phyto. The lye relaxer gave me a straighter look but my hair was weaker and breaks easily. With Phyto, my hair has a more natural look, which I am assuming, makes it stronger and bouncy. It is not as weak as before and I see alot more body. I never used Elucence before but I have seen people here who does and the hair strands look healthy and bouncy.

Last edited:

Faith

Alli77 said:
Is the Elucence normal strength relaxer lye or no lye? I'd love to use it but I have a Lye relaxer in my hair and I have no intentions of trying no-lye.:)
It's lye. The sensitive scalp one is no lye. Thanks ivanay, which index do you use?

Last edited: