Elucence

aileendq

Hi All,
I am considering ordering the Moisturizing shampoo (which I will water down before I use) and the Moisturizing Cond along with the Silk Elixer. Can anyone tell me how they like these products and whether they are worth the $$?

The shampoo has SLS, so I'm wary of it.

TIA

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
The Moisture balancing conditioner is the TRUTH! I use it for conditioner washes, I don't even use other conditioners anymore. It does have parabens though....but I don't care, I just try rinse it very clean because It really helps me control my hair and tangles.

myco

nurseN98 said:
The Moisture balancing conditioner is the TRUTH! I use it for conditioner washes, I don't even use other conditioners anymore. It does have parabens though....but I don't care, I just try rinse it very clean because It really helps me control my hair and tangles.

I agree. That has got to be the most spreadable conditioner I have ever used. It's like I apply it on the ends and it runs up the rest of the strand. I find that I use less conditioner overall and bottles definitely last longer. I can also use it for a creamy leave-in further cutting down on extra products.

When I first started using the shampoo, I hated it. My hair just felt really tangly, but now I think they are a great combo and they smell great.

Country gal

aileendq said:
Hi All,
I am considering ordering the Moisturizing shampoo (which I will water down before I use) and the Moisturizing Cond along with the Silk Elixer. Can anyone tell me how they like these products and whether they are worth the $$?

The shampoo has SLS, so I'm wary of it.

TIA

Why are you watering down the shampoo? I love and use both shampoos.

aileendq

To Country Gal:
I'm watering it down b/c of the SLS. I take a spray bottle and fill it w/ water and squirt some shampoo in it. Then I shake it up, wet down my hair very well, and spary the mixture onto my scalp. I find that this method cleans my scalp and hair without stripping it, as SLS is a harsh detergent.

auntybe

I use the whole line of products. I do rotate in other products but eventually I will only Elucence, Nexxus and Dom. Products. I rotate because my hair seems to do better. I did not know aobout Elucence until this board and now my cousin uses it and my stylist is going to order it.

I was worried about the SLS at first but not now you are only using a little so no need to water down (tjmo). I love the products.

Sweet C

I didn't know the shampoo had SLS. I thought it had Sodium Myreth Sulfate instead of the Laureate. Anyhow, I absolutely love the MB. One of the best, and I use it for my rollersets, though I might try the Salerm one day. I like the shampoo too, but I think I like CON a little better.

TrulyBlessed

Sweet C said:
I didn't know the shampoo had SLS. I thought it had Sodium Myreth Sulfate instead of the Laureate. Anyhow, I absolutely love the MB. One of the best, and I use it for my rollersets, though I might try the Salerm one day. I like the shampoo too, but I think I like CON a little better.

You're right, it has sodium myreth sulfate (coconut oil derived) and it is far down on the ingredient list. Don't worry about diluting, it has so many moisturizing properties that it counteracts any potential dryness. The moisturizing poo and conditioner are the best products ever! (coming from a former Kenra user) If you hair that is prone tangling like me, this stuff is a must!

natstar

I highly recommend elucence- I have the moisture balance poo and conditioner and the clarifier. They are not harsh at all.

angelbaby

The Elucence products are actually quite inexpensive. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's been so wonderful to my hair that I have actually stopped being a product junkie.

Doll

My stylist uses Elucence relaxer, shampoo, and conditioner on my hair. I really like the products as well. I haven't seen it at beauty supply stores. Is there anywhere on the web to purchase it?

aileendq

angelbaby said:
The Elucence products are actually quite inexpensive. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's been so wonderful to my hair that I have actually stopped being a product junkie.

Okay, if that isn't an endorsement, I don't know what is!! I'm ordering the shampoo & conditioner on payday....

Thanks!