Emu Oil Topical Cream!!

JuicesN'Berries

I just found this at vitmamin shoppe what do ya'll think about applying this to your scalp??...(its meant for achy joints and such). It seems like it has a lot of good ingredients what do ya'll think would it be safe? What ingredients don't you agree with?

Here are the ingredients:

Active Ingredient: 4% menthol

Inactive Ingredient Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Emu Oil, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Polyacrylamide (and) C13-14 Isoparaffin (and) Laureth-7, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Dioctyl Adipate (and) Octyl Stearate (and) Octyl Palmitate, White Willow Ext., Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben, Aloe Vera Gel, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Capsicum Oleoresin, Cornflower Ext, Chamomile Ext, Feverfew Ext, Hypericum Ext, Calendula Ext, Linden Ext, Coriander Oil, Grape Seed Ext, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance, FD&C Blue #1 Lake
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/JuicesNBerries/Emu.jpg

JLove74

I tried some of this at the store once and it has a tingly feeling and that menthol smell. I'd leave it for the aches and pains, not the scalp.

sareca

I've thought about that, but decided I could make my own. Needless to say I never got around to it. I should have just brought the stuff.

I say go for it.

JuicesN'Berries

Yeah I think I might be better off grabbing some emu oil and some MSM....but it seems like the cream has some extra goodies....but some extra bad stuff too...like propylene glycol and such.

Ok ladies I need some more responses I'm on the fence right now!!

guesswho

JuicesN'Berries said:
Yeah I think I might be better off grabbing some emu oil and some MSM....but it seems like the cream has some extra goodies....but some extra bad stuff too...like propylene glycol and such.

Ok ladies I need some more responses I'm on the fence right now!!

the bolded I would be wary of, I suggest you go to fromnaturewithlove.com and purchase your ultra emu or refined emu I prefer ultra it's amazing and mix it with some sulfur and some jojoba and apply it to your hair and scalp and you'll stretch your moolah and get the most from it, love your hair btw:)

JuicesN'Berries

guesswho said:
the bolded I would be wary of, I suggest you go to fromnaturewithlove.com and purchase your ultra emu or refined emu I prefer ultra it's amazing and mix it with some sulfur and some jojoba and apply it to your hair and scalp and you'll stretch your moolah and get the most from it, love your hair btw:)

Yeah I guess that will be the best option....That way I can avoid all the things that may not be good for my hair...But thanks for the hair compliment your hair is beautiful as well, I can't wait until mine gets as long as yours!

Radianthealth

How about Blue-Emu

I found this at the drug store it has great ingredients but for the price you can use pure emu oil:perplexed

Ingredients: Stabalized Aloe Vera Gel, Emu Oil (7%), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Methylsulfonul Metane, Oleyl Alcohol (and) Zanthoxylum Alatum Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract, Palmitate (Vitamin A) (and) Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Glucosamine Sulfate Sodium, Allantoin, Panthenol, Ethoxydiglycol, Carbomer, Diazolidinyl, Urea, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Triethanolamine, FD&C Blue 1.

EMJazzy

Happily retired

That would be my suggestion also! :up: