End Treatments

tlmack

Ladies,

What products do you use to protect your ends from breakage and split ends?

Do you use hair oil, shea butter, mango butter?

What do you do on a daily basis to protect your ends and promote length?

Do you also get or do your own sealed ends, if so how frequently do you seal your ends?

I'm looking for a product to buy for daily use on my ends and thinking of trying the sealed ends.

Let me know your products and opinions.

Thanks

smile.gif

I use elasta qp mango butter on my ends after washing and braiding my hair each night. I think wearing braidouts and only combing my hair under the shower stream w/ conditioner has also helped retain length.

ETA
Aubrey Organics GPB hair conditioner has also kept my hair very strong.

I seal my ends daily, I use profectiv but I'm beginning to think using something a little thicker is smart such as shea butter and what not.

Someone sent me a PM and let told me that they preferred the mango butter over the shea butter because the mango butter was as effective, but didn't have the build up.

I think I'm going to try the mango butter, but I've got to figure out where to get it.

I use KeraCare Essential Oils; it's a very light product but effectively protects my ends. I want to try something a little heavier for the times that I am not going to wear my hair down, like if I wear a bun I might use a butter like avocado butter or Carol's daughter healthy hair butter etc. especially during the winter when the ends need even more protection from the elements etc...
smile.gif

I use Hot 6 Oil or Jojoba oil on my ends daily, and then every 2-3 days, I use Profectiv Healthy Ends. Something about the Profectiv irks me, though, but I don't really know how to describe it...it's almost too thick?
crazy.gif

coconut is my new all purpose, does everything oil! I use it as a pretreatment, on my ends a lot, on my new growth, and on my whole head it it looks/feels dry. Im loving that stuff. EVOO does a pretty good job too but coconut oil is my new love...

I use profectiv healthy ends, but I wanna try some mango butter or the botanical oil by nexxus.

I use profectiv healthy ends or ORS carrot oil.. and every night i wrap a plastic baggie over my ends so they dont rub against my sheets if my scarfs come off.

Back