Ends Care - Please Help

gradygirl

What are you ladies doing and using to care for your ends? I brought some jojoba oil (I did not know it was so expensive) and it helped when I used it on my ends when my hair was wet but I need something that works well on my ends daily. I even trimmed off about an inch and still they dry out and look a mess.The overall health of my hair has greatly improved thanks to you ladies but my ends are in need of help in order for me to retain length. I asked this question before but I need more help. I really need some pointers on this so any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Girls

Last edited:
My ends get a little fluffy when it's time to acidify. I use Nexxus Acidifying and Detangling Conditioner, but acv rinses work just as well. :yep:

I used Mizani H2o Rose Conditioner as a daily moisturizer for a while. Now I'm using ORS Carrot Oil. Both are quite good, Mizani smells better, but I have a slight preference for the carrot oil. Don't forget the protective hair styles especially when wearing wool sweaters and cotton tops.

How often do you do an ACV Rinse. I've been wearing my hair up off of my clothes for about 2 months now.
Thanks for the help ladies

gradygirl said:
How often do you do an ACV Rinse. I've been wearing my hair up off of my clothes for about 2 months now.
Thanks for the help ladies

I only do ACV rinses after a relaxer or when the fluffy ends start. I'd like to do it every week, but I almost never remember. Don't use too much vinegar tho , that'll make the fluff worse instead of better. That's why I like using Nexxus to acidify, they've done the chemistry for you.

Oh, my hair (including the ends) tangles more when the keratin is broken down. You might want to pull out the keratin reconstructor too.

Last edited:
Products that have worked wonders for my ends on dry hair when I was relaxed:

S Curl No Drip Formula

Vaseline

Oils (I used to have a concoction of carrot, olive, aloe vera, and a few various oils mixed together)

HTH!

I've used Shea Butter on my ends....

I had that problem too...My ends looked and felt like broom straw...I have some pure shea and I dabbed it on...It softened them! But u gotta be consistent, with it....lol, I wasn't....But it works, tho!

gradygirl said:
What are you ladies doing and using to care for your ends? I brought some jojoba oil (I did not know it was so expensive) and it helped when I used it on my ends when my hair was wet but I need something that works well on my ends daily. I even trimmed off about an inch and still they dry out and look a mess.The overall health of my hair has greatly improved thanks to you ladies but my ends are in need of help in order for me to retain length. I asked this question before but I need more help. I really need some pointers on this so any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Girls
NTM silk touch leave in is great.

Do you have an ingredient list for the Mizani Rose conditioner? I want to try it, but not if it has mineral oil/petrolatum.

MissBiss said:
I used Mizani H2o Rose Conditioner as a daily moisturizer for a while. Now I'm using ORS Carrot Oil. Both are quite good, Mizani smells better, but I have a slight preference for the carrot oil. Don't forget the protective hair styles especially when wearing wool sweaters and cotton tops.

bklynwildheart, here are the ingredients:

Mizani Rose H2O Conditioning Hairdress
Water/Aqua, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Petrolatum, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Dicetly Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Fragrance/Parfum, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethanolamine, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Matricaria Extract/Chamomilla Recutita, Cymopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract/Rosmarinus Officinalis, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Balm Mint Leaf Extract/Melissa Officinalis, Hops Extract/Humulus Lupulus, Yellow 5/Cl19140, Red 33/Cl17200, Red 4/Cl 14700, Blue 1/Cl 42090

Last edited:
I bought Profectiv Healthy Ends and I've been using it for 2 weeks. So far, so good. I put it on every night.

I have suffered with ends problems before. The best way to look after them is in the washing/drying process. I tried to put all sorts of lotions on oils the ends of my dry hair and nothing really changed.

A good deep CON,( Mix with some of your favourite oils) Followed by a leave in, a few drops of hair polish/detangler anything with demeticone in it that smooths the hair.

After all of this then you need to only LIGHTLY oil/moisture until wash day.

HTH

Kizzy:grin:

Are you supposed to put something on your ends? Oopsie. . .maybe that's why they've been breaking :mad:

Like, how often should I be doing this? Every night? A couple times a week? TIA.

elizabeth said:
I bought Profectiv Healthy Ends and I've been using it for 2 weeks. So far, so good. I put it on every night.
Which ends product of theirs are you using? Coz they have so many didfferent stuff.

classimami713 said:
Are you supposed to put something on your ends? Oopsie. . .maybe that's why they've been breaking :mad:

Like, how often should I be doing this? Every night? A couple times a week? TIA.
How often depends on how dry your ends are and how much breakage you have. Start off doing this at least once a day (some women moisturize 2x/day) and see how your hair does. Then you can increase or decrease the frequency accordingly.

i use a mixture of pomace b olive oil/coconut oil on hair and scalp and castor oil on the ends. I also use castor oil as a pre-poo treatment. Can't live without castor oil. I get it for 14 dollars a gallon at www.thechemistrystore.com and i get the pomace b olive oil from there for $18.50 per gallon.

Hi Ladies,
Hmm, golly, I've tried about everything on my ends. Over the past year I have had excellent luck with the following:
Premier's Rose Conditioner (yeah, it's another horse conditioner, but nothing
like MTG. You dilute the rose conditioner with water 10:1)
Hot oil pre-poos (cocnut oil, olive oil, & castor oil) and a mixture on my ends several times per week.
Sebastian Potion 9 leave-in ( I apply to the length of hair just before drying)
And finally-Biolustre, I had to use this treatment 2x about 1 month apart before I really saw results. I rarely see any broken ends now. The directions say it will stop breakage in one application, but I didn't see marked improvement until the second time I used it- could my hair have been that damaged? I would also say that this needs to be done about 2x - 4 times per year depending on how often you chemically treat your hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classimami713

MissBiss said:
How often depends on how dry your ends are and how much breakage you have. Start off doing this at least once a day (some women moisturize 2x/day) and see how your hair does. Then you can increase or decrease the frequency accordingly.

Moisturizing my ends was probably one of the most important hair tips I ever learned. I had no idea why my ends were breaking off over the years. Now I know that keeping the ends moisturized is what keeps the length as our hair grows.

I'm one of the ladies MissBiss mentioned who moisturize twice each day, in the morning and before going to bed. I use Constant Care for Ends (formerly a Wanakee product)

I could not find the Nexxus product mentioned earlier so this is what I did after doing some forum searches on different things:
I mixed 2 teaspoons of ACV with 1/2 Gallon of distilled water into large bowl and put my hair in it and massaged my scalp and that felt so good:p . Then I used NTM shampoo, deep conditioned with NTM daily deep conditioner, put NTM silk leave in on and then the shine serum and :D my hair and ends are much softer. ( The NTM has sweet almond all in it that was mentioned earlier) I belive though that I too will have to moisturize my ends twice a day to keep them in good shape. Yep Girls I'm broke put my hair looks good.:grin:
Thanks ladies you all give such good advise.

Back