Ends.....Help!!!!

princessdi

I need help figuring out what to do for my ends-- they are so dry or at least I think they are. I can't figure out any other reason why my hair would come out when my ends are gently touched. The rest of my hair feels moisturized. Is it possible to be moisturized everywhere else but the ends?

I wear a protective style (bun) everyday. Before I put my bun on, I spray my scalp with Surge 14 and apply humetress all over my hair and seal with jojoba oil and EVOO and put hair in a pony tail, apply more humetress to my ends and seal w/EVOO again and cover with a baggie, but it's not helping my ends. When I apply the humetress to my ends hair comes out in my fingers from just applying the moisturizer.:confused:

Has anyone experienced this or know why it's happening? I'm desperate, please help. I'm so discouraged because I know as long as I'm seeing hair in my hands, the length is not being obtained on my head.:mad:

Any suggestions?

InnerSoul

I am also noticing drier ends.. I think IMO that the winter time is wreaking havoc on my hair!!! So I just started dampening the ends of my hair with water and sealing the heck out of them with ORS oil moisturizer and then on top of that sealing that with either sweet almond oil or EVOO. But I refuse to trim them!! they don't look bad at all.. they just feel drier to touch.

Cichelle

Too much product can dry out the hair. I learned this the hard way when I really started taking care of my hair. I don't know if that is the problem, but consider clarifying gently and using less product.

Other things to consider:

I know most oils make my ends dry and crunchy. I can only use coconut oil and only in a specific way.

Protein makes my hair dry and crunchy. Too much protein can do that to hair, so consider your use of protein.

Everyone's hair is different, so you have to experiment to see what is causing the problem. Your hair may love protein and oils and lots of product. But these are just things to consider.

Golong

I'm having the same problem. All I know is split ends don't mend. Product can temporarly peice them together but if they are split then they should be cut before it splits all the way down the hair shaft. I am scared to cut only because when I thought they were spit before, i went to a salon and the stylist told me they were not split but dry& underprocesss from my home perm. She moisturize me with mizani moisturefuse and like a miricle they were soothe-n-silky. That was a long time ago but I always remember that before I pick up sissors.

navsegda

princessdi said:
I need help figuring out what to do for my ends-- they are so dry or at least I think they are. I can't figure out any other reason why my hair would come out when my ends are gently touched. The rest of my hair feels moisturized. Is it possible to be moisturized everywhere else but the ends?

I wear a protective style (bun) everyday. Before I put my bun on, I spray my scalp with Surge 14 and apply humetress all over my hair and seal with jojoba oil and EVOO and put hair in a pony tail, apply more humetress to my ends and seal w/EVOO again and cover with a baggie, but it's not helping my ends. When I apply the humetress to my ends hair comes out in my fingers from just applying the moisturizer.:confused:

Has anyone experienced this or know why it's happening? I'm desperate, please help. I'm so discouraged because I know as long as I'm seeing hair in my hands, the length is not being obtained on my head.:mad:

Any suggestions?

Well, sounds like you are doing plenty of moisturizing. Do your ends actually FEEL dry to the touch? Too much moisture and not enough protein can cause your hair to break. Hair needs a balance of both to stay healthy and retain length. So maybe add a protein reconstructor and then a couple products with light to moderate proteins in them from time to time to your regimen.

Junonia

It sounds like you are moisturizing. How long has this been happening? Did you recently switch products? Any of the products contain alchohol? It could be the drying effects of winter. If it continues, you should speak to a professional.