essential oils for hair growth

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i have been using essential oils and ayurvedic oils for several months now trying to strengthen my fragile hair. i have felt a major difference in my strands since committing to using oils regularly.

here is some of the information i found on organicfacts.net about the different oils i have personally added to my regimen. you can go there for more detail info.

coconut oil ------
Hair Care: Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shiny complexion. Regular massage of the head with coconut oil ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff, lice, and lice eggs, even if your scalp is dry. Coconut oil is extensively used in the Indian sub-continent for hair care. It is an excellent conditioner and helps in the re-growth of damaged hair. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair. It is therefore used as hair care oil and used in manufacturing various conditioners, and dandruff relief creams. Coconut oil is normally applied topically for hair care.

These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, soothing, etc.

How is Lauric Acid Used by our body?
The human body converts lauric acid into monolaurin which is claimed to help in dealing with viruses and bacteria causing diseases such as herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV. It helps in fighting harmful bacteria such as listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter pylori, and harmful protozoa such as giardia lamblia. As a result of these various health benefits of coconut oil, though its exact mechanism of action was unknown, it has been extensively used in Ayurveda, the traditional Indian medicinal system.

peppermint oil ---
Peppermint oil contains numerous minerals and nutrients including manganese, iron, magnesium, calcium, folate, potassium, and copper. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.

Blood Circulation: It also improves blood circulation.
Hair Care: Peppermint oil is very useful for hair care as it gives a cooling effect to the head, and removes dandruff and lice.
Skin Care: Peppermint oil contains Menthol, which is good for skin. It gives a cooling effect. Further it nourishes dull skin and improves oily skin

tea tree oil ----

The All-Cure name given to this oil is not a bit exaggerated. The Tea Tree oil can be used as a cure for almost all sorts of tropical infections and diseases. It also boosts up immunity.

Fungicide: The Tea Tree Essential Oil is as effective against fungal infections as it is against any bacterial or microbial infections. It inhibits fungal growth and cures diseases like dermatitis, athlete’s foot etc.

Stimulant: This essential oil has stimulating effects on hormones secretions, circulations etc. but more prominently on immune system. It boosts up immunity and acts as a shield against infections

Blending: This Essential Oil blends well with Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Clove, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Rosewood, Rosemary and Thyme essential oils.

sage ------
The health benefits of Clary Sage Essential Oil

Astringent: strengthens and tones skin, muscles and hair follicles, prevents hair fall and makes you look and feel younger.

rosemary ------
Rosemary oil is one of the most popular essential oils. It has become important to us due to its various health benefits including its ability to stimulate hair growth, boost mental activity, relieve respiratory problems and reduce pain.
Hair Care: Rosemary oil and rosemary teas are used extensively for hair care in shampoos and lotions. Regular use of rosemary oil helps in stimulating follicles, as a result of which, hair grow longer and stronger. It is also believed that rosemary oil slows down premature hair loss and graying of hair. Hence it is an excellent tonic for bald people. Rosemary essential oil is also beneficial for dry and flaky scalps. Regular massage of scalp with rosemary oil nourishes the scalp and removes dandruff. Further, it is often mixed with tea tree oil and basil oil to treat scalp problems.
Rosemary essential oil is used extensively in aromatherapy as it can be used in many preparations.

The oil blends well with frankincense, lavender, clary sage, cedarwood, basil, thyme, citronella, lemongrass, elemi, geranium, chamomile, peppermint and cardamom.

lemon-----

The health benefits of lemon oil can be attributed to its stimulating, calming, carminative, anti-infection, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant, sleep inducing, and antifungal properties. These benefits of lemon oil include its ability to treat stress disorders, skin disorders, hair disorders.
Hair Care: Lemon oil is also effective as a hair tonic. Many people use lemon oil to get strong, healthy and shinning hair. Lemon oil is also used for removing dandruff from head.

Lemon oil blends well with many other essential oils including lavender essential oil, rose oil, neroli essential oil, sandalwood oil, geranium essential oil, ylang ylang essential oil, tea tree essential oil, etc

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i have been committed to oils for months now....since my last texlax. and i have really seen a noticeable diff in my hair.

my hair is so fragile and weak. now my hair is more resilient. much stronger, but also soft and easy to style.

i'm on these oils for life now.......i'm mad i'm out of rosemary and it's wash day. the Whole Foods where i purchase it is far :(