Everyone Could you Please Answer this survey?

S

Salliquay

Hello,

I have been lurking around for the past month and I must say I am so impressed with you all! I am in the process of starting my own haircare and skincare business. My dream is to make it to Wal-Mart one day lol! I want to make super quality products for black women wanting longer hair and more flawless skin. I want to exceed nexxus, redken etc because although these are great products they could be better especially for black women. I wanted each of you to tell me a few things that would make you interested in a certain haircare or skincare product. If you could can you give me a summary or answer the following questions....

1. What would your dream haircare/skincare products be like? (moisturizing, detangling etc)

2. What do you look for in a good haircare product? What kind of ingredients makes you buy a product? and for what function such as it makes your hair thicker or it helps you to grow faster and longer hair? For skin you can list any ingredients and functions of a dream product that you would like?

3. What are 3 skincare/haircare products you can't live without?

Thankyou to all that answer...I appreciate it I am very excited about this. Currently I am working with a biochemist about making products that help your help grow fast, that hydrate your hair and skin, just amazing products that I hope will effectively help black women and other women with cost effective prices that don't take an arm and a leg?

Thank you so much if you have any questions or comments you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Love, Emily

stacy

1. What would your dream haircare/skincare products be like? (moisturizing, detangling etc)
My dream hair care products would be moisturizing, yet strengthening. My shampoo and conditioner would also be detangling and leave my hair feeling soft and not "stripped." My skincare products would claen without leaving any residue, moisturize without feeling greasey, and leave my skin feeling soft and looking smooth.

2. What do you look for in a good haircare product? What kind of ingredients makes you buy a product? and for what function such as it makes your hair thicker or it helps you to grow faster and longer hair? For skin you can list any ingredients and functions of a dream product that you would like?
In a good haircare product, I look for those things I mentioned above. I look for certain ingredients like water (first ingredient-moisture), protein (strength), oils (emollient), propylene glycol(moisture), gylcerine(moisture), panthenol (strength), vitamins (strength), polyquarternium (strength), botanical extracts (moisture, strength, fragrance), lanolin (softness). I don't like products containing petroleum, mineral oil, or lots of alcohols; but, I will make some exceptions. I don't focus on the ingredients for my skincare products. I use what works.

3. What are 3 skincare/haircare products you can't live without? Elucence Moisture Balance Shampoo, Keracare Humecto conditioner, and ORS Carrot Oil. I'm still experimenting w/skincare products.

candibaby

1. My dream haircare products would be a Moisturizing/Clarifying Shampoo (as in got rid of all build up but moisturizied my hair and didn't strip it) a Moisturizing Conditioner that closed the cuticle and detangled (think Nexxus Ensure mixed with Humectress) a product that seriously would make my hair grow like.. 5 inches a month LOL okay, I'm getting away from the realistic stuff so.. next!

2. I look for a good smell and a good consistency. Any kind of natural ingredients, proteins, or other ingredients that give moisture, bounce, and shine. (I printed out a list from one of the LHCF threads and carry it with me to the hair store). I don't buy products in hopes it will help my hair grow faster (except surge
) .. I just buy things that will give it moisture, bounce, sleekness, and get rid of frizz.

3. A Reconstructor, Moisturizing Conditioner, and something for my ends. (i love too many to name a specific)

Queenie

1. I am looking for a moisturizing, detangling, hair strengthening, super anti-friss, and loosen my natural hair texture.

2. I look for something that does what it bottle says on MY hair. I prefer natural ingredients.

3. I love Mary Kay skincare & coconut oil.

jla

- Affordable.
- Natural ingredients
- Unscented (or with a really nice scent, but that is subjective...
- Moisturise and shine without being heavy or oily
- Works on both relaxed & natural hair