Ex-stylist called me at 7:55 A.M Friday.......

Chromia

to ask me why I'm not coming back! :mad: I am not a morning person.

I had called her a few days after Easter to tell her I'm not coming in anymore. I told her that I want to save money so I'll do my own hair.

That's true, but the real reason is that saying "no trim this time" to my ex-stylist is like saying "bomb" on an airplane, but I didn't feel like being yelled at, scolded, and patronized one more time. I just wanted to get rid of her and get it overwith.

After we hung up from that call, she called me back like 2 minutes later. When I saw it was her on the caller i.d. I just let it ring. She left a message saying that she had a question for me. Then she called back again, 5 minutes later, and I answered. She asked me if I was embarrassed that she had shown my rollerset to another stylist and she was wondering if she had said something wrong. I told her no to get her off the phone again. That was all 6 weeks ago.

Anyway, the 7:55 a.m. call. I was in bed awake and I had not gotten up for work yet. The phone rang (why didn't she call my cell?). My grandmother answered it, then I heard her walking toward my bedroom and she told me the phone was for me. I thought it was someone from work.

So I get out of bed, pick up the phone, and it's my ex-stylist asking me if saving money was the real reason that I wasn't coming in anymore. I was unprepared for the call, caught off guard, and not fully awake and alert so I just told her yes. :ohwell: She was going on about how I still went to her when I came home for breaks during college, I went to her for years, she was concerned about why I don't want to come in anymore, she misses me (yeah right, what she misses is my money :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: ) blah, blah, blah......:violin:

Anyway, I don't have a question or anything, I just wanted to post this.:ohwell:

If you have a story of running into an ex-stylist or an ex-stylist calling you, feel free to post.

ETA: Even though my grandparents were up that early, she didn't know that. So inconsiderate.......

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Wow, it seems like she really enjoyed having you as a client or she's desperate or she's just sensitive. I bet if you tell her the truth, she'll stop calling. :yep:

sareca

That's not an ex-stylist it's a current stalker. :sekret:

I think you should tell her too...

Last edited:

tnorenberg

sareca said:
That's not an ex-stylist is a current stalker. :sekret:

I think you should tell her too...

Seriously..................doesn't sound like she's playing w/ the full deck of cards :nuts: if you know what I mean.

Bint Yusef

She is acting like she is your man.

The nerve!!!!!

You dont owe her an explanation.

I wouldnt have told her anything, just stopped coming in.

Chromia

If she calls again I'll tell her.

I really unleashed the Jekyll/Hyde when I started telling her that I don't want a trim with every relaxer. Sometimes I got Jekyll, but most of the time I got Hyde.

One of my friends used to go to her. I asked my friend if she thinks our ex-stylist really wants that extra $10 for the trim or if she's bipolar. My friend said "both".

MissJ

elizabeth said:
That's true, but the real reason is that saying "no trim this time" to my ex-stylist is like saying "bomb" on an airplane.
That tripped me out. :lachen:

CAPlush

Wow, if she calls you again tell her the TRUTH. She probably can't handle it, but why hold back and pretend it is about $$$. Say, in a very sweet tone, that you are concerned that she is bipolar because of how she reacts when you say "no trim" and you think it is best not to return for the sake of everyone's mental and physical health. She may actually think twice before she runs off other clients with that routine. She probably has numerous time but no one will really tell her about it. But no matter how much she apologizes and promises you not to do it again, don't go back.

KiniKakes

Even thought it might not be a comfortable conversation.... if she calls again i would just be honest. I bet you arent the first client she's lost because of her Nazi-trimming schedule. The reality is that she is shooting her OWN self in the foot by being so rigid about trimming..... and who knows, she might lighten up about that if she gets enough of a dose of reality.

You are better off girl!!!! In the longrun, your hair will THANK YOU for this, mami. ;)

cicilypayne

I had a stylist that did my hair for like a 1/2 a year or so. She did a good job and I was always pleased, but she had a real bad attitude to her staff and was always bickering with them bullying them because she was the boss. Plus when people would walk in off the street she would look them up and down and if they did not "look right" to her she would have the receptionist quote them high or tell them she did not offer that service. The people were always other black women. This salon was in a urban renewal area of miami you know like when formerly low rent, low fee- rent by the hour hotels and liquor stores, ..then some big rich smart developers kick out the pimps and the prosititutes and then starbucks, coldstones, designer shops and furniture stores and couple overpriced sushi bars just start opening up like crazy before you know it, the city shuts down the HOtels:lol: :lol: and $700 thousand dollars condos open up..I digress anyway she was so stuck up I thinki she did not want alot of working class people in her snooty predominatley white salon:mad: :mad: :mad: Yes she was a black women Haitian in fact. I hated her attitude and went somewhere else right away! She called me at work and was like" Dr. Payne you know your my favorite client, why have you not been in?" I told her I decided I wanted to be in better company when I get my hair done.. Silence on the line,, then a crisp Goodbye.:eek: I hate snobs and bullies!:p

sareca

cicilypayne said:
I told her I decided I wanted to be in better company when I get my hair done.. Silence on the line,, then a crisp Goodbye.:eek: I hate snobs and bullies!:p

I don't know who, but somebody's momma used to say "If he's mean to the waitress but nice to you, he's not a nice guy." I don't like bullies or people that power trip either.