UNPROFESSIONAL STYLIST!!!!!!

amazin9

I need to vent from a situation I incurred this weekend. I went to a new stylist this weekend for a roller set. She actually stood me up!
She was referred to me by a friend with nice hair. She called me in the morning to confirm the appointment, but when I went to the salon, she never showed up!!!! I waited outside of the salon for 45 minutes; (I really wanted my hair done), I called her cell phone twice and left a message. She finally called me an hour past the appointment, because she was "around the corner" from the shop. She offered no apology, and I just went home! Needless to say, I won't be going to her ever! Why is it so hard to find a professional stylist that doesn't over book her clients?
I guess I will still have to keep looking.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Not showing up... That's a great way to build your clientele. NOT! They are getting bold these days. They used to wait a few months to suck you in before they started acting a fool.

amazin9

My old staple stylist that I am trying to replace is unprofessional, but she sucked me in for 10 years before she started acting a fool!

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Not showing up... That's a great way to build your clientele. NOT! They are getting bold these days. They used to wait a few months to suck you in before they started acting a fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so true. I don't know what some of these people are learning in beauty school nowadays.

bollyhair

[ QUOTE ]
amazin9 said:
I need to vent from a situation I incurred this weekend. I went to a new stylist this weekend for a roller set. She actually stood me up!
She was referred to me by a friend with nice hair. She called me in the morning to confirm the appointment, but when I went to the salon, she never showed up!!!! I waited outside of the salon for 45 minutes; (I really wanted my hair done), I called her cell phone twice and left a message. She finally called me an hour past the appointment, because she was "around the corner" from the shop. She offered no apology, and I just went home! Needless to say, I won't be going to her ever! Why is it so hard to find a professional stylist that doesn't over book her clients?
I guess I will still have to keep looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now ADD to all that a stylist that, after showing up AN HOUR late, makes you WAIT an ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF TIME
while she takes her 3 OTHER CLIENTS ALL SCHEDULED FOR THE SAME TIME and then, after seeing you about to WALK OUT of the salon (because at that point you've had enough!), sends someone over to take you back ONLY TO BASE YOU (trap you so that you cannot leave), then makes YOU WAIT SOME MORE, and then AFTER finally getting you in the chair and working on you for a bit, LEAVES OUT TO PICK UP HER SON,.....yes girl, in the middle of doing your hair!!! This stylist I USED to go to was the bomb, but she was SO GHETTO and UNPROFESSIONAL that I really want to list her FULL NAME and SHOP ADDRESS!!

bollyhair

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Leaves to go pick up her son? Oh no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl YES, this happened SEVERAL times (I said SEVERAL ya'll!)and then she would come back to the shop with the kid and food! I love children and all but I'm saying,...I didn't authorize you to stop and buy that kid a HAPPY MEAL! That detour to Mickey D's takes ADDITIONAL time, meanwhile I'm back at the shop, BEYOND ANNOYED
and FURIOUSLY flipping through old JET magazines! What tha?

SoniT

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, now ADD to all that a stylist that, after showing up AN HOUR late, makes you WAIT an ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF TIME
while she takes her 3 OTHER CLIENTS ALL SCHEDULED FOR THE SAME TIME and then, after seeing you about to WALK OUT of the salon (because at that point you've had enough!), sends someone over to take you back ONLY TO BASE YOU (trap you so that you cannot leave), then makes YOU WAIT SOME MORE, and then AFTER finally getting you in the chair and working on you for a bit, LEAVES OUT TO PICK UP HER SON,.....yes girl, in the middle of doing your hair!!! This stylist I USED to go to was the bomb, but she was SO GHETTO and UNPROFESSIONAL that I really want to list her FULL NAME and SHOP ADDRESS!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this stylist's name Vanessa?
She sounds JUST LIKE my old hairstylist. Man, she always hooked me up with the tightest hairstyles but she was beyond GHETTO! I couldn't take it anymore. I got so tired of being in the salon all day or being stood up. She didn't have a car and there were a few times that I gave her a ride to the salon just to make sure that she would be there to do my hair. She was real sweet but just very unprofessional.

oglorious1

Mixologist
Well my stylist(former stylist) tells me she can't do my hair less than 24 hours from my scheduled appointment, mind you I made my appointment more than a month in advance, more like two months, but yet I call to confirm my appointment and she says, oh I won't be able to do it...oh yeah she didn't even call me, good thing I called before driving all the way down to the salon, stylist says, oh I'll call you back in 45 minutes, girlfriend never called back, I said to myself that's okay, her number is off of my speed dial. I should post the shop website here, but hey, I ain't spending anymore money with her.

Donda

Unprofessional Stylist (LOL) I have meet few that "are" professional. To be honest it is the reason many of us do our hair ourseleves.

**Tasha*Love**

See that's why I have opted to do my own hair! I got sick and tired being on my stylist schedule instead of her working with my schedule.