Extending Relaxers

CheerHHS

hey i've been lurking for awhile and and i've finally decided to join! You have some GREAT tips, and you have turned me into a PJ in the short 6 weeks i've been bumming around these boards. well I have 2 quick questions. Do you have any tips for maintaining HEALTHY hair while trying to extend relaxers. And 2nd which supplement increases thickness quicker and more effeciently, path. acid or b-complex?
TIA

As for the hair relaxer/healthiness: I say make sure you keep it conditioned really well. Be gentle. I wear mine up w/out combing it the last few day or week before I relax b/c it is hard to comb.

I wear my hair in cornrows weeks 8-12 to keep from manipulating too much, and I shampoo/condi/hotoil once a week during that period. So I only handle it once a week for the last month.
Be super gentle with your detangling.

For me conditioning and moisturizing are key to keeping my hair as I extend my relaxers. I currently I am bouncing between twist-outs, braid outs and buns (14 weeks post relaxer)

Keeping my hair moisturized helps me extend my relaxer I went 15 weeks for the first time.
I use Sta So Fro for moisture and Surge keeps my hair from shedding and co washes.

Back