Falling in love w/ your hair all over again!!!

frostydoll

I'm a newbie (out of lurking anyway) and I just want to say that this site has me falling in love with my hair all over again. I started learning to take care of my hair in the summer of 04 when I decided to transition from relaxed to natural. I transitioned for a year and did a "big chop" which left me with the shortest hair I've ever had but healthy as well. It's been almost 2 years since I cut the relaxer and I had started to get bored with my hair. It's at the shoulder length phase right now and I was thinking about cutting it because it was boring me.

After really becoming active on this board I'm glad that I decided not to cut it because I'm falling in love with my hair all over again. I've been taking so many pictures of my hair this month it's crazy.

Thanks ladies!!! :D

KiniKakes

This site has made me fall in love with my hair for the FIRST time. I never appreciated its beauty and uniqueness before now, and i really, really do today!!!! I hated how thin it was, and longed for another texture that was thicker. But now........ i embrace it to the fullest, and have learned to work with it and appreciate it. Fine hair just needs a lil bit more TLC, thats all. *Aint* nuffin wrong with that!!!! :p

I love lhcf for that!!!! :D

Great post!!!!

frostydoll

Yeah going natural made me fall in love with my hair and appreciate what I had. Sometimes I still wish I had a kinkier texture at times since I can't wear a lot of styles that I admire but when my rollerset came out so great I appreciated the texture I had.

Thanks for encouraging me to really join!

Choklatekiss79

This site has made me fall in love with my hair for the FIRST time. I never appreciated its beauty and uniqueness before now, and i really, really do today!!!! I hated how thin it was, and longed for another texture that was thicker. But now........ i embrace it to the fullest, and have learned to work with it and appreciate it. Fine hair just needs a lil bit more TLC, thats all. *Aint* nuffin wrong with that!!!! :p

I love lhcf for that!!!! :D

Great post!!!!

Touche!!:D I pm-ed you KiniKakes...luv ur hair!

sareca

I know what you mean. I cut my damaged ends off in December and I've been completely, head-over-heals in love with my hair ever since.

Once the length is back I won't know what to do with myself.

Last edited:

frostydoll

sareca said:
I know what you mean. I cut my damaged ends off in December and I've been completely, head-over-heals in love with my hair ever since.

Sometimes it's the littlest things that make the biggest difference.

Cleve_gryl

I am really luvin the mess out of my hair right now!! This has been the first time in a loooong time I've had these feelings lol :kissing4: But, I owe it all to lhcf! Thanks yall

sareca

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
Sometimes it's the littlest things that make the biggest difference.

So true. :think: Come to think of it that's been true for a lot of areas in my life lately.

janeemat

I'm loving my hair too. I look forward to washing my hair on Wed and Sat. I could hardly wait to get home yesterday to love up on my hair. Thanks ladies!

texasgrl

I have fallen in love with my hair in the last month or two. I chopped of the damaged ends and did a duotex protien treatment and whoa :eek: . My hair has never been this long thick and healthy my edges are full my nape is healthy and even. Life is good:) .

frostydoll

It's good to see I'm not the only one who's in love with their hair. I'm practically counting the days until my next hair appointment lol.

My hair is course and thick and I never appreciated that before. Now since I have joined this forum I am really loving and appreciating my hair for the first time ever. I have also learned to work with my hair not against it. This has been a key to my success.

Blackoutzangel05

For the first time in a long while I am not ashamed of my hair. I do not possess the kiny, coarse hair that some black americans have and for that growing up I was always ashamed. It was easier to say that my hair was texturized then it was to say this is just what my hair does. Now I love my hair to death. I embrace how my relaxed ends curl just as nicely and consistent my new my growth. I love that I am able to do almost anything to my hair and it comes out standing tall. I love how LHCF has shown me to not only care for my hair but care for myself as well.

RubyWoo

sareca said:

I'm definitely feelin your post! I'm loving my hair right now since it's in the best condition it has ever been. However, my hair will be even better when I get a haircut next month. I'm really looking forward to cutting my hair so that my ends look nice and I have an overall fresh look for my hair.;)

Lady Esquire

I really needed to read this thread. I was proud of my success but always regretful of my mistakes and setbacks along the way. Now I realize that I need to be in "love" and truly appreciate it.

My hair and I need some time alone. :grin:

UMBlessed, I checked out your fotki, and your hair is beautiful.

Ciao!

frostydoll

Blackoutzangel05 said:
For the first time in a long while I am not ashamed of my hair. I do not possess the kiny, coarse hair that some black americans have and for that growing up I was always ashamed. It was easier to say that my hair was texturized then it was to say this is just what my hair does. Now I love my hair to death. I embrace how my relaxed ends curl just as nicely and consistent my new my growth. I love that I am able to do almost anything to my hair and it comes out standing tall. I love how LHCF has shown me to not only care for my hair but care for myself as well.

I can totally relate to this. I still struggle with it because it's so hard to explain what I do to my hair for it to curl or do a certain thing especially when usually it was just putting some mousse or gel in it. I actually prefer for someone to ask me what I did when I'm wearing a twistout because then they don't say oh you must have some good hair. Plus, my hair is different from my other siblings so it always made me stand out and sometimes I didn't want too.

frostydoll

LadyEsquire said:
I really needed to read this thread. I was proud of my success but always regretful of my mistakes and setbacks along the way. Now I realize that I need to be in "love" and truly appreciate it.

My hair and I need some time alone. :grin:

UMBlessed, I checked out your fotki, and your hair is beautiful.

Ciao!

Awww thanks!

gelati

I fell in love with my yesterday!!!! I flat ironed my hair on Wednesday and it look like a hot mess!!!!:eek: I was so fed-up with my hair, I was ready to go get my hair cut short!!!! So my husband told me not to touch my hair I'm always bothering it and I'm losing my length. I didn't pay him any mind so yesterday when he went to the gym, I clipped my ends.:ohwell: It is so pretty now and my husband loves it!!!!:p Today I realized it's not about the length, it's about the health of my hair!!!!:think:

tkj25

i'm definitely feelin' the hair love in this thread right now:D :D :D umblessed your hair is beautiful. i'm rockin my yarn braids right now, but i made sure to leave a 2 in. row in the back out for me to play with :lol: i have serious hands-in-fro-problems.

i love my natural hair. it is thick, soft and strong. my tc's (tiny curls) are the best! yeah lhcf :yay: :yay: :yay:

frostydoll

tkj25 said:
i'm definitely feelin' the hair love in this thread right now:D :D :D umblessed your hair is beautiful. i'm rockin my yarn braids right now, but i made sure to leave a 2 in. row in the back out for me to play with :lol: i have serious hands-in-fro-problems.

i love my natural hair. it is thick, soft and strong. my tc's (tiny curls) are the best! yeah lhcf :yay: :yay: :yay:

Yeah the hand in fro problems do not go away even after years lol. Thanks for the compliment on my hair. I'm on my way to see if you have a Fotki.