Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum

shtow

I used to use this product to seal and loved it. However, I like my jojoba oil more to seal:grin:. Whenever my stylist flat irons myhair with this stuff my hair comes out so dreamy and silky!!! Is it ok to use this product when flat ironing, or is it not ok because of the oil (seeing as though you're not supposed to flat iron your hair with oil)?

I think it would be fine if you have oil on your hair, as long as you put a heat protectant over it :yep:

Girl, you're lookin TOO cute in your avatar! Have you added anything new to your fotki? I don't even looks at anyone's fotki (too lazy) but your hair's looking great, so Imma be allll up in there :peek:

I think it would be fine if you have oil on your hair, as long as you put a heat protectant over it :yep:

Girl, you're lookin TOO cute in your avatar! Have you added anything new to your fotki? I don't even looks at anyone's fotki (too lazy) but your hair's looking great, so Imma be allll up in there :peek:

So, I couldnt use the serum as a heat protector? I was thinking that since its full of cones, I could?

Thanks girl!!! No I haven't added anything to my fotki. I did get a touch up last weekend and my hair did retain some length (even the front, my trouble area)! School and my sister's wedding are kicking my bootay so I haven't even updated but I promise I will in 8 weeks. I used to be able to stretch 10-12 but this sulfur 8 is no joke when it comes to NG!So in 8 weeks or less, there will be one LOL

Good Morning! You mentioned you use Sufur..Please explain what you use and how you use it...Thank you in advance:grin:

So, I couldnt use the serum as a heat protector? I was thinking that since its full of cones, I could?

Thanks girl!!! No I haven't added anything to my fotki. I did get a touch up last weekend and my hair did retain some length (even the front, my trouble area)! School and my sister's wedding are kicking my bootay so I haven't even updated but I promise I will in 8 weeks. I used to be able to stretch 10-12 but this sulfur 8 is no joke when it comes to NG!So in 8 weeks or less, there will be one LOL

Good Morning! You mentioned you use Sufur..Please explain what you use and how you use it...Thank you in advance:grin:

Good Morning! I use sulfur 8. I use it on my scalp because I have eczema and it can act up when it wants to. I wash my hair once a week so after my hair is styled I lighty apply it to my scalp and don't have to reapply until the next wash day. A lot of people say sulfur can be used as a growth aid and I can honestly say this product has increased growth and helped with my scalp. HTH.

BUMPING! Someone please tell me I can use this serum on the regular as a heat protector lol the ingredients are
Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethiconol, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil and Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit.B)
Fragrance (Parfum).

See all those cones? Thats why Im thinking it can be used as a heat protector. When my stylists used it as one my hair was so dreamy! Its just the oil that scares me into thinking it cannot be used with heat. So yeah....BUMP:grin:

BUMPING! Someone please tell me I can use this serum on the regular as a heat protector lol the ingredients are
Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethiconol, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil and Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit.B)
Fragrance (Parfum).

See all those cones? Thats why Im thinking it can be used as a heat protector. When my stylists used it as one my hair was so dreamy! Its just the oil that scares me into thinking it cannot be used with heat. So yeah....BUMP:grin:

Honestly I've always thought it was a heat protectant. :ohwell: I used to use the one in the pink bottle as my heat protectant. I think you'll be fine, use it just not too much you don't want to weigh your hair down.

ETA: I'm trying to find a pic of the olive oil one, what exactly does it say on the bottle?

Last edited:
oh now I see your concern. The pink I used to use actually says "heat protectant", this green one doesn't but w/ all the cones I would have thought it was a protectant. I personally wouldn't use it as one though. Maybe try doing a search for the product and see if anyone has had success w/ it as a protectant.
I will search a little harder. I have been searching and googling but to no avail :perplexed

I used to use this product to seal and loved it. However, I like my jojoba oil more to seal:grin:. Whenever my stylist flat irons myhair with this stuff my hair comes out so dreamy and silky!!! Is it ok to use this product when flat ironing, or is it not ok because of the oil (seeing as though you're not supposed to flat iron your hair with oil)?

Jojoba oil is my #1 all time favorite put on your hair to flat iron product!

I think you's a smart cookie for using it! :up:

I own both the pink and the green bottles. When using heat, I use the one that is specifically a heat protectant. The green I use to add shine to my rollersets. I've never used it as a heat protectant before so I can't comment on how good of an idea it would be.

Back