Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Loose Water/Italian Wave/Jerhi curl pattern

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other? ____Please provide the pattern

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ivonnovi

A month ago I had my hair braided into Micros. I bowed the the pressure from the "professional" and had my hair done with Wet'nWavy hair, I can't remember the brand but it was considered a "top" brand.

ANYWHO, It seems "I'm" going agains the grain on this because..... my preference is to braid my hair with Deep Wave or a curlier style of hair.

I just decided aft 6 weeks with the W&W; I'm gonna start redoing the braids with Deep Wave.

Meanwhile I decided to take this poll to see what your preferences are.

Type wave pattern? _______Deep Wave
Prefered Brand? ___________Doesn't Matter
Color Preference? __________4 or 1B on top half/33 or 30 on bottom half
Human or Synthetic? Why?___I prefer Human because it's less bulky, & I have to wear hats all the time.
Maint Products? ___________Deep wave or curlier: NEVER gave me a problem, I use the same products I'd use on my hair (More likely to use way less water, and I used Oil Sheen Spray to add shine)
Wet'nWavy: I'm ab-so-lute-ly hatin' the W&W hair and it's gimme water & mousse or I'll look bad maintenance demands. ...& oh the tangleing and matting! JUST DAMN!

Thank you in advance for your participation and input.

heyfranz

I've had wet and wavy 16 inch Janet brand for 2 weeks and i'm ready to take it out. It looks a mess already and it's unraveling and my own ends are getting tangled with the hair. I'm going to an indoor waterpark this weekend, and when i return, i'm going to redo with deep wave.

Nonie

Type wave pattern? _______Water wave or Wet n Wavy

Prefered Brand? ___________HisandHer.com's Water Wave, but I can work with any Wet N Wavy Human Hair Brand really.

Color Preference? __________1B; but I've mixed 1B and 2 before; also 1 and 1B

Human or Synthetic? Why?___I prefer Human. Behaves like real hair; offers more styling options than synthetic; doesn't make me itch.

Maint Products? ___________None. Never use any products except shampoo and conditioner when washing. Hair never matts and is still reusable even after 2 years of use, whether it's HisandHer.com's Water Wave or Beverly Johnson's Wet N Wavy.

Ivonnovi

OK, So Franz and Nonie,

Do ya'll braid the hair down to the ends.?

Nonie were you able to reuse the hair so long becuase of how you braid with the hair or because of low manipulation?
I've secretely wondered why we spend so much $$$$ on hair only to throw it away after a few months, I too have beenknown to reuse hair,

Like Franz, I've suffered some terrible matting BUT this is the 1st time I've not braided or twisted the hair to the very ends. The only good thing is that so far I've learnd how to tie the hair where the braiding stops.

Nonie

OK, So Franz and Nonie,

Do ya'll braid the hair down to the ends.?

Nonie were you able to reuse the hair so long becuase of how you braid with the hair or because of low manipulation?
I've secretely wondered why we spend so much $$$$ on hair only to throw it away after a few months, I too have beenknown to reuse hair,

Like Franz, I've suffered some terrible matting BUT this is the 1st time I've not braided or twisted the hair to the very ends. The only good thing is that so far I've learnd how to tie the hair where the braiding stops.

Yes, I always braid to the ends. When the hair is new, it unravels a bit

but I keep rebraiding to the ends as I'm watching TV or just chilling. After several washes, the braids do not unravel except during a wash and can stay braided all the way to the ends

I think it's a combination of things that make me able to reuse my hair.

• I'm very careful when putting the braids in to keep the sections separated throughout the braiding as they are when I start;
  • I don't use any products so there's no matting or locking of my hair or the extension hair;
  • When I wash my hair, I usually focus on cleaning my scalp and then just squeeze the braid length as the shampoo is rinsed out of my head while they hang straight down--minimal manipulation;
  • When I apply conditioner, I apply from one inch above the scalp so no residue mats the base of the braids and again, I use a squeezing motion while braids hang down straight.
  • I redo my braids often, which also helps to prevent matting as well as protects my hair from breaking.
  • When undoing my hair I never use a comb; only my fingers as shown in the video below. Usually, I alternate between the hands so I work faster than shown here but I was having a hard time keeping the braid in view of the cam and not lost in my silhouette that I just used one hand in this demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j68_fk46rNk

Ivonnovi

Thank you Nonie for the tips.
I figured that braidng them to the end would aid in the braids "longetivity". I'll give this a try next time or as I work through my tangled mess.

Ivonnovi

OKay ladies,

I've redone 80% of my hair with a Deep Wave hair. I've enclosed 3 pictures of me in braids/twists.

The 1st pic is my hair (dry) with the Deep Wave hair; I tried to position the hair and myself so that you can see the waves/curls. :look:

The 2nd pic is my hair (Dry) with the Wet&Wavey hair; similar position, not too curly as you can see. Me no likey the hair. :nono:

The 3rd pic ('scuse the makeup retro 2003, and I was home bored) shows my prefered twist style. I did these myself, and I put the hair in upside down so the ends are straight. ......I think I 'll try that look again closer to summer.

Again I prefer DEEP WAVE.

Attachments

• IMG000016.jpg
    IMG000016.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG000013.jpg
    IMG000013.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 64
  • misc. 001.jpg
    misc. 001.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 72

AtlantaJJ

Lugos New York - Soft wavy for curly...the most perfect curly hair on the planet! The hair would make nice medium sized ringlets, white women would tell me how beautiful my hair was all the time.

I would do a 1B, 1B / 4 blend or a 2 / 6 blend for high lights in the summer. I would either get the bulk colors separate and let the braiders blend or I would have Lugo's blend.

I wore that sytle for 10 years straight :love2:...it was so beautiful

I don't advise doing this as I ended up with traction alopeica (its all healed now).... but that was my bad...going to African braiders caused that.... I had no problems with my original braider for years, she never braided tight but she was expensive. I was trying to save a buck when I went to the African braiders...I paid in the end.

About that hair, it's not cheap :look: but it never tangles and it curls like a dream...

ETA:

I used to have them braid past my hair and ....glue the braid closed... I could swim, workout like crazy, wash them, sweat whatever...no tangles no unravels, just beautiful curly hair! I'll post a picuture later.

I used Bonner Bros MOM liquid...and sometimes just a little of the creamy one...that was it. Low maintenance beautiful living.

Last edited:

Shandell

yorlooksmybiz,
Your braids look great! Off topic you are beautiful, you look alot like Salli Richardson.

Type wave pattern? _______Body Wave
Prefered Brand? ___________Zury or Janet Collection
Color Preference? __________1 black holds a shine better
Human or Synthetic? Why?___I prefer human because I workout and wash my quite often doesn't tangle, not shedding, and I can use high heat,
Maint Products? ___________Soft Sheen Carson Weave Care or Wet and Wavy

Stormy

I use Milky Way wet-n-wavy human hair, 1B and I have no problems at all with tangling or matting. I wash and condition my braids too. I moisturize and maintain them with Carefree Curl Gold hair and scalp spray. This hair lasts a long time and it's pretty much all I've been buying for years. :yep:

Ivonnovi

Shandell, thank you for the compliments, I hope Salli would be proud, (LOL)that's the 1st time I heard that one. Usually I get Sade. :grin:

yorlooksmybiz,
Your braids look great! Off topic you are beautiful, you look alot like Salli Richardson.

Rei

I really like outre batik deep wave. I got it done recently and I think it looks good :) No problems with tangling so far

Cookie67

Rei...Do you have any pics of your hair in micros with Batik Deep wave? I'm getting micros tomorrow and I'm thinking about using this hair.