Favorite Length

What length was your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NikStarrr

I really enjoyed APL. It was long enough to still feel like long hair, but short enough that it seemed less of hassle than it is for me at MBL. Plus, I liked the length of it when I wore my hair curly.

SimJam

when I was relaxed I never had hair much longer than APL and thats the length I liked because I could do nice updos and buns.

actually anywhere between BSB and APL

MsKikiStar

BSL: I was texlaxed at that length when I was 13. had a thick ponytail that would smack me in the face when I jumped double dutch. good times....

cutenss

I chose MBL. I was that length in my 20's (and relaxed) It was full and healthy. I am only BSL now. If I can stay away from the shears, I may be there by my birthday on July 11. I am going to get a silky press to celebrate, since I am natural :yep:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
BSL was my fave cos I could wear high ponytails and the tail would have this beautiful hang. My rollersets were beautiful and I always got compliments

twatombl

I love BSL and even APL, I have a long face and feel anything longer can be a bit overpowering and anything shorter doesn't frame my face enough. When I wear twist outs when my hair was above shoulder length I wore it pulled back a lot because I look better with my hair off my face opposed to short or shoulder length. I thought for years it was in my head until I looked at pictures and saw a huge difference.

Lucia

LOL I love how most people didn't read the first post. Guess I shoulda made it more clear. But I'm enjoying reading your responses...Interesting to know that some had super long lengths and are trying to get back where they were

The longest my hair was BSL Natural from childhood on until I messed it up. I want that natural length back it was passed WL stretched.

Allandra

I love fun threads like this one.

Well, back in the day, I had a cute asymmetric Bob hairstyle, and I loved it. So that was one of my favorite lengths.

My other favorite length would be waist length (which I think I may go for again, well, I think that's my goal length now). :giggle: I shall see.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I'd say APL when I was transitioning cause it was the longest my hair had ever grown in my life :yep: I hope to surpass APL in the near future now that I'm natural. Hoping to be over APL by the end of this year!

Lita

You dont have HL....

*I say Full HL...My hair looked so thick a very lush...Plenty of different hands in hair...lol

Happy Hair Growing!

suns4i6e

Well I skewed the poll because I didn't read,lol. But my favorite length was NL and shorter. It was flattering for my face.

^^^ THIS. Although I thoroughly enjoy seeing my hair reach longer lengths, NL and shorter (a la TWA) was the most complimentary to my face. I have little doubt after i reach WL, I will find my way back there.

shasha8685

Mine is the length in my avi. Odd as it may seem, caring for my hair was easier when my hair was shorter. I miss those days sometimes...

EbonyCPrincess

I voted BSL but let me preface this by saying I'm not actually claiming BSL, however my hair (stretched - I'm 21 weeks post) does touch my bra. The reason I picked BSL is because this is the first time in my life I have worn my hair flat-ironed straight without a bend or curl and it looks GOOD

EbonyCPrincess

Let me preface this by saying I'm not claiming BSL yet, however my hair when stretched does touch my bra (21 weeks post). I chose BSL though because for the first time in my life, I am wearing my hair flat-ironed STRAIGHT no bend, no curl and I think it looks amazing. At any other length I think hair that is completely straight (on me) looks unfinished or undone. So at other lengths when it nears wash day and I unwrap and my hair fell completely straight - it'd take me into panic mode as I tried to figure out what to do with it in the morning.

I also love the length of my ponytail - at midheight I can still feel it on my neck/back curve. The fullness of the bun - love! I've only been out of my sew-in for about a week so I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but I'm anticipating when I'm full BSL I'll love it that much more. When my hair was CL/NL - OMG it was SO much maintenance! I won't even go there...lol.

LovelyNaps26

depends on if i was natural or relaxed

for relaxed hair: my ear length bob i got when i was 16. i was actually thinking about cutting it really short, kind of like the Anita Baker at the end of college but I decided to go natural.

currently: i liked my hair one year after my BC because my twists would fall as if they were into a bob. people actually though i cut my fro into a bob :lol: still, i'd be lying if i said i preferred that length on my natural hair more since currently i'm at the longest i've had as a natural and i love it. another 6 inches and i'd be content

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I voted neck length or shorter. I loved my TWA because it was the epitome of low maintenance.