Favorite natural hair care line/products?!?

SimplyBlessed

Ok ladies I'm tired of being a mixtress and want to try out a natural hair line

whats the most moisturizing?!?
whats ur favorite product or line?!?
whats ur hair type?!?
how do u use the products (leave in, deep conditioner, seal, etc..)?!?
can they be found locally?!?

thanks ladies!!

Oyin Handmade
Oyin Handmade's Hair Dew
My hair type is 3c/4a
I use the Hair Dew as both a moisturizer and a leave-in
They are mostly online. But, they do have a store in Baltimore, MD.

Tiye

I've used Carol's Daughter and Oyin Handmade. Both have some good products. Actually the CD butter I used was actually body butter but I used it for hair and liked it for the smell - it was shea butter based with frankincense and myrrh. Remember once a mixtress, always a mixtress. :) I buy and try products all the time including the conventional ones but I make my own too. Tip - go for anything that comes in sample sizes.

ericajoy

I have just a few staples now, all natural:

1. Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner: I use it as regular conditioner, deep conditioner, and mixed with aloe juice & jojoba oil as a leave-in. I buy it at Target but I think Walgreens carries it too. I LOVE this stuff. It's about $10 for a bottle that lasts a long time, it's very moisturizing, and I can use it for a lot of different things. (I've also been dying to try the deep conditioning masque from this line but haven't yet.)

2. Nature's Gate Conditioners: They come in a lot of different flavors but all the ones I've tried are good. I use this for co-washes and especially to co-wash out my henna. For some reason it works great for that. Nice and creamy. It's about $6-7 at my Whole Foods.

3. Aubrey Organics GBP Conditioner: I use this mild protein conditioner as a DC every once in a while (like after I texlax), mixed with my Shea Moisture. I think this one is $10-11 at Whole Foods.

4. Terressentials Organic Mud Wash: I've been using this for about a month and I love, love, love it. I can't buy it on the ground but to me it's worth it to order online. I really cleans my hair, no stripping, and leaves it moisturized and relatively tangle-free. It's about $13 a bottle (I think?) and shipping is about $8.50. I order two at a time to offset the shipping cost.

That's it! I've also tried and liked Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment and Burt's Bees Avocado Pre-Shampoo Treatment (I don't even know if they make it anymore, it's been a long time).

Hope you find some stuff you like! Hair type and stuff are in my siggy.

Lucky's Mom

SimplyBlessed,

Hi!!!!:yep:

I have a few things that I Use...

1. Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner

2. Etae Carmelux Shampoo

3. Nature's Gate conditioner ( I am not sure it is a "natural Line" per se... but

4. Aloe Vera Juice and Gel

5. coconut oil

6. Un petroleum Jelly

So - I only order a couple of items....