Feb '08 Protective Styling CHECK-IN Thread!

foxieroxienyc

Heeeeey guys, I hope you're all doing well. Sorry I didnt get a chance to do this yesterday, but I wanted to start up this thread for our weekly check in.

How's everyone doing? Any great hair candy finds? What styles have you tried this week? Any changes to your reggie?

I have lots of finds to share, my silk flowers finally came! So I made a few new flower clips and bought some barrettes! Also I've got an AWESOME half wig that I'm so excited to wear for when I have that urge to wear my hair down! It's the same length as my natural hair so the transition between the two will be so seamless! LOL, just gotta be careful about wearing it with the boyfriend.... He might go try something like running his fingers through my hair, lol.... And get STUCK.... Or end up with a full head of hair in his hands :lachen:.

I'll post pics in a bit! Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Rox.

youwillrise

check in?

i'm currently taking down my 24 day old twists

i've been at it for 4 hours so far
and i'm still not done w/ the first side.
i'm REALLY taking my time and being as careful
as possible to minimize unneeded hairloss.

i'm using my fingers to separate the hair
and get most of the tangles out
then i use a mix of conditioner & grapeseed oil
to help with a bit more detangling
and i twist each section.

i'll go back at it in a bit
my arms hurt lol.

i'll do some fresh twists tomorrow

foxieroxienyc

Hey runrunrunner! Cool stuff diva, do you, do you! I should try twists, maybe this summer, lol.

So here's my update! Let's start off with the styles I've been rocking with hair candy (the following pics are me at 9-10 weeks post relaxer):

This is my "Fob" Style -- I put a head band on and pinned the ends underneath. I put two little butterfly barrettes by the side but I removed them later because they annoyed me, lol.

Banana Clip Bun w/ Bejeweled Bow Clip

Simple Ponytail w/ Bra strap headband and Clip:

Now what's new for this week.... INSTANT WEAVE!!! Meet Ruth by Outre.... (I'm even wearing her right now, lol) I accessorize her w/ hair candy too, but I'll post that later in the week! Now I get to "wear my hair out" without worrying about damaging my ends!!! :yawn:

I'm putting together my hair candy album... But here are some of my flowers that I use!

------ sorry about all the pics but...
:needpics:

CHEEKQUEEN

Oh Roxie, I so love all the styles that you rock!! I am in love with Ruth, I must go and get her now!! Do you have any back views of this instant weave?? As always, lovely hair candy!:grin:

ETA:Never mind about the back shots of Ruth. I see you have them in your fotki. Thanks

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I've been doing 7 big twists in my hair and putting them in a bun. I am a bit discouraged because I am trying to learn how to braid and do cornrows. I haven't been successful with that project yet.:ohwell::rolleyes:

CarLiTa

cute!!!
but oh no, i have NO hair candy!
except for the headbands that are like brastraps that you have. I think I've been wearing those nearly everyday.

I've only been doing french braids and buns, that's all... and on occasion wearing a beanie.

I did an oil rinse last week and it was the bomb!
I did one yesterday and it wasn't as great. I'm thinking it's the conditioner that I used.
I'm going to the salon on Tuesday b/c I'm meeting famous ppl on Wednesday, lol.
I wore my hair out last night, from a braid out. It was ok. now i'm in a french braid.

foxieroxienyc

Hey there, here's a back view of Ruth:

Glad to hear you all are still sticking with it and sticking to it! I know it will pay off in the end, :yep:.

DDtexlaxd: Hey girl dont worry, I cant cornrow worth for ish! AT ALL... lol:nono: You'll get it though, keep at it. I'm too lazy to practice!

CarLiTa and Traycee: I just buy different things from the BBS or Rite Aid when I'm there. I've gotten stuff from Claire's, Laila Rowe, and H&M too. Who ever has cute accessories and such, I check to see if they have a hair section and go to town lol. Check out Rite Aid, Duane Reade, and CVS too they always have great stuff! I try to stock up on head bands, elastic headbands, jewelry clips, butterfly clips, and flowers whenever I see stuff on sale especially.:yep: