Feb 12 13 14 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

NaturallyATLPCH

Prepoo: Kinky Kashmere DC. Used up and will not repurchase.
Shampoo: ORS creamy aloe
Protein: SD mocha silk infusion
Moisture: Bobeam DC. Excited to try this!
Leave-ins: My usual but adding Bekura Palm Tapioca to heavy seal my ends. Been pleased with how my ends are responding to this method.
Style: Flat twists and twists into a bun.
Girl they raved about that Kinky Kashmere DC in the IAATC group, and my hair was like...huh? I guess it's not for type 4s because most who love it have a looser curl pattern @AgeinATL

AgeinATL

Girl they raved about that Kinky Kashmere DC in the IAATC group, and my hair was like...huh? I guess it's not for type 4s because most who love it have a looser curl pattern @AgeinATL

I am inclined to believe you! My hair HATED it....my hair LAUGHED at it.... and I could not wait to use it up. Performed way better as a prepoo, but that ain't saying much...

Aggie

I don't think you should exfoliate your scalp and texlax on the same day. I don't want your scalp to be on fire.
Oh no @MileHighDiva, that was not my intention. My intention was to texlax then exfoliate about a week or two later. Additionally, I'm waiting on my French Perm Stabilizer to arrive, hence another reason why I don't want to texlax my hair yet.

Thank you so much for thinking about my safety:bighug:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Oh no @MileHighDiva, that was not my intention. My intention was to texlax then exfoliate about a week or two later. Additionally, I'm waiting on my French Perm Stabilizer to arrive, hence another reason why I don't want to texlax my hair yet.

Thank you so much for thinking about my safety:bighug:
Whew, I was like Roh-Roh, in my Scooby Doo voice. I thought you were gonna be :couchfire:

Happy I misunderstood!

claud-uk

Friday Saturday - Take down 3 month braid PS. Protein pre-poo with Mill Creek Keratin. Wash with Keracare 1st Lather. Overnight DC with ORS Curls Unleashed Conditioner.

Done - It wasn't Mill Creek Keratin I used, it was the Biotin* one. First I sprayed just my very ends with Aphogee GTK, then put the Biotin conditioner from scalp to ends (it gives the scalp a nice cooling sensation). 30 mins saran wrap, then I put my heat cap on top for 30 mins. Took off the heat and left to cool for an hour. My hair was very strong (but not hard) and very curly and clumpy on rinsing out the pre-poo. Normally my wet hair is wavy-straight. The strong feeling remained through the wash process. After rinsing, I poured MSM water on the left half of my head only (my second time trying this experiment, I wanted to compare the softening effect of MSM after doing a protein treatment). I used the ORS conditioner, saran and scarf to overnight DC.

Saturday Sunday a.m. - Rinse out the DC. Leave to airdry. Hair STILL felt so strong and clumpy even after the o/n DC. I now consider the MC Biotin conditioner to be a medium-hard PT using it the way I did (certainly it's more effective than Aphogee 2 Minute), and will use it without the Aphogee and for 15 mins only (but still with the heatcap) going forward for less strengthening to avoid potential protein overload. Sidenote: the hair that had the MSM water on it under the DC was distinctively softer during and after rinsing than the hair that just had conditioner alone. I will continue to test using MSM water on the LHS of my hair for a while longer. Turbie for 1 hour then remove it to airdry before applying henna in a few hours.

Sunday - Henna/Amla. I mixed about 60g Nupur with half plain and half MSM water. Added 6 drops lemon juice from a bottle in the cupboard lol. Mixed in about 15g amla. I am leaving this to sit for 6 hours. I will then add in a little wheatgerm oil and rose water I think, apply, saran wrap, heat cap 1 hour, no heat 2 hours ( leaving it on for a total of 3 hours). I will then mix and apply Indigo.

I realise that this thread is titled "What are your hair plans" not "Tell us your life story". Next time I'll put the gumf in the relevant thread.

*Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner - Deionized water, biotin, panthenol, hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed collagen, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, dicetyldimonium chloride, oleamidopropyl dimethylamine, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans, hydrolyzed RNA, hydrolyzed DNA, retinyl palmitate, cysteine HCI, citric acid, corn oil, sodium chloride, quaternium-15, peppermint oil, organic aloe vera gel, organic essential oil, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, botanical fragrance.

claud-uk

@MileHighDiva - I read that MSM softens the hair (I read LOTS but certain things just... hit a particular note?) so for the last few weeks I've introduced it into my regi to test:

1. Washed hair. Rinsed. LHS I poured MSM powder dissolved in cooled hot water. RHS I used a moisturising DC with molasses. NO difference in the feel of my hair at all btw the two sides after.

2. Med-hard protein pre-poo. Wash. Rinse. The LHS had MSM water again (dipped in for 30 secs then poured over then left to drip-dry for a minute), then I applied my HG moisturising DC to both sides bc I'm not looking for a setback, I'm first-time hennaing too today and I am really just looking to see if MSM adds to the softening after protein-hardened hair. It made a big difference. The MSM side was softer and slippier during rinsing, that side was easier to "work with" than the non MSM side. It was a tiny bit slidier and softer too once airdried (no product during airdrying).

The results so far have been positive However I would really hate to find out that MSM will eventually dry the hair out over time so I'm going easy with it to start and will be monitoring my strands closely. The long term aim is to be able to pour water over my head to condition, soften and moisturise in one. I'm thinking green tea, MSM, biotin, and that it will take probably 6 months of tweaking and testing my conditioning water lol.

Aggie

Demi-permanent colored my hair with Redken black ash

Prepooed with a hot castor oil and aloe vera gel mix

Shampooed with Redken Color Extend Magnetics shampoo

Deep conditioned with Shea Moisture Superfruit Hair Masque

Hot oil rinse with rice bran oil.

Moisturize with Keracare Jojoba Moisturizer sealed with sunflower oil infused shealoe butter.

overtherainbow

Happy Valentines Day everyone! In honor of this holiday, FH and I will be tag teaming my wash day. As he unclogs the shower for me with a zipit (#naturalhairproblems) I will prepoo with SM JBCO DC. Then when he's done, I will wash with SM moisture retention and DC for 20 minutes under a bag and a beanie with the Joico moisture rinse out condish.

myronnie

Prepoo: Komaza Pona Scalp Therapy and Bobeam Buttercream conditioner
Sectioned hair into 5 sections using ponytail holders and finger detangled, spritzing with water

Wash: Nexxus Frizz Defy
Shampooed in the five ponytail sections

Protein: Curl Junkie Repair Me (15 min) with Curl Rehab on top

Dc: Curl Rehab (1h)
Twisted the five sections while applying conditoner. Detangled a couple sections with the denman.

Twisted 12 twists with Oyin Hair Dew, Annabelles Ayurvedic cream, and annabelles butta. Detangled with the denman after adding leave ins. Added gel to the front twists over the leave ins.

Daina

Normal routine of GHE tonight with either Keracare essential oil or Vatika oil with tea tree EO mixed in. Will pre-poo with Wen 613 and Amla oil. Going to co-wash with Homocrin Natural Nourishing Conditioner and DC with ORS Hair Mayo. If my products from Amazon arrive tomorrow I will be changing my regimen to use the Aphoghee 2-step treatment which will mean clarifying etc... I will update if that happens.

Changed my regimen after some of my new products arrived:
Cleanse: Clarified with some Suave winter fresh clarifying shampoo, followed with Keracare moisturizing shampoo.
Condition: Used the Homocrin conditioner on the length of the hair (not sure if I like this but will use again to really determine)
Protein Treatment: ORS Hair mayo and let sit under plastic cap for 30 minutes.
DC: Macadamia Natural Deep Repair Masque (OMG love, love, love!!!) First this DC smells delightful and it made my hair super, super soft and silky. This is a new staple DC mask that I will add to the rotation. :heart:
Styler: Tried some Jane Carter products that arrived, love the JC seal and shine and the JC restore mist. Also KCKT leave-in which I loved as well.
Style: Off-center part with 2 flat twists that end in a bun at the back.