Feel Like Giving Up

Denim And Leather

The first pic was taken in August, the second was taken today. Can anyone PLEASE explain to me why my hair looks EXACTLY the same length?! I had about 3 inches of new growth, and figure I should at least be full bra strap, but pulling my hair in the V-shape that it grows, it's 2 inches away. I don't understand it.

When I measured my hair in August, I measured 2 1/2 inches from full BS. Now I'm 2 inches.

I haven't had much breakage, and have treated my hair like fine silk.

I am so depressed, I want to cry. I feel like quitting this whole hair care thing.:( I even took my Fotki album down.

Attachments

• Aug. 06 Pic LHCF.jpg
    Aug. 06 Pic LHCF.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Oct. 06 Pic- LHCF.jpg
    Oct. 06 Pic- LHCF.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 51

Armyqt

:kiss: Don't give up hun. TRUST I was there. I still can't figure out why the 2 weren't adding up, but I suspect it was the relaxer loosening the curl. Which pretty much equaled blowdrying natural hair. It will lengthen it a little, but not like a relaxer. SO therefore my real length wasn't showing.

It gets rough sometimes when you're watching the growth progress. It may be easier to focus on health. I'm sure the length will come. Oh and your hair looks healthy and beautiful. :)

Carlie

The 2nd pic actually looks longer to me. Don't quit before your blessing. Just continue treating your hair like silk, ESPECIALLY your ends (maybe increase your moisturizing) and I promise you'll see some improvements. Hang in there! :)

fallback

Ummmm....It looks like your hair did grow in that second picture I noticed it right away when I looked at both. Please don't give up. Sometimes I feel that way too but I'll keep going just like u should.;)

locabouthair

your hair looks beautiful. i don't think you should give up but you should be happier with what you have. there are some of us who are struggling to get to shoulder length and you are almost at BSL. maybe you need to step up your moisturizing, stretch your relaxer, etc. maybe you can tell us your regimen. like armyqt said focus on health right now. the length will come.:)

Cichelle

Denim And Leather said:
The first pic was taken in August, the second was taken today. Can anyone PLEASE explain to me why my hair looks EXACTLY the same length?! I had about 3 inches of new growth, and figure I should at least be full bra strap, but pulling my hair in the V-shape that it grows, it's 2 inches away. I don't understand it.

When I measured my hair in August, I measured 2 1/2 inches from full BS. Now I'm 2 inches.

I haven't had much breakage, and have treated my hair like fine silk.

I am so depressed, I want to cry. I feel like quitting this whole hair care thing.:( I even took my Fotki album down.

Oh no! I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Please don't give up! I can understand how you feel. With my curly hair, I can never get an accurate measurement. There was a time when I used to measure regularly with a tape measure and that was so frustrating. I used to wonder what the heck was going on because the measurement wasn't changing very much. Then once, it seemed like my hair got shorter!!! I was so upset.

Many of us go through trying times with our hair. But D&L, please know that this will pass. I know it's hard to hear this but you have to be patient and give it time. The picture shows that your hair HAS grown. I understand it wasn't what you hoped for, but your hair is growing and it's really pretty. Like Armyqt said, just concentrate on health and the length will follow.

Try not to focus on what you don't have, but rather what you want. You know, keep your eye on the prize. You are such a sweet person with a magnificent faith. I know you can do it. Right now, you might need some time to get over this disappointment. Maybe take a "hair break". I will selfishly admit that I don't really want you to because I like seeing you around here. So, please come back SOON.

divya

You're hair looks great! Dont you dare give up missy...and it has grown. Just try to be patient and give it a bit more time. The length will come.

Denim And Leather

You ladies are so wonderful.....thank you so much for your encouraging words and compliments, they mean so much to me. :cry: :kiss: :)

I just felt so disappointed, that my first reaction was to take my Fotki down and put myself on hiatus, but that was a bit hasty.

I studied the pics I posted, and can see the difference in length. I think what was making me perplexed and depressed is because I measured my hair, and the calculations I made in Aug. and Oct. didn't add up, especially because I had so much new growth, being 11 weeks post.

After the hairdresser finished my hair, she bumped my ends, which brought my hair just past my shoulders, and I think that wasn't a good idea, because it set me off, so to speak. :lol: BTW, the pic I posted from today was taken after I watered my ends and ran the flat iron on them again, so that I could have an accurate picture of my length.

Armyqt, thank you. :kiss: I was just looking at your Fotki the other day, where you said you didn't gain any length, and I did see that you did. I know how you feel, the disappointment can be such a blow.

You guys are right, I'm going to try to be more patient and concentrate more on the health of my hair. I'm actually going to get a mini trim the next time I get a touch-up. I know I should be grateful, because my hair did grow, and it does look healthier, I feel ya on the struggle to get past shoulder length, locabouthair. Sometimes it takes other eyes to see what I didn't see. I've decided to throw that measuring tape away, because it has made me too obsessed with how many inches/millimeters my hair has grown.

Cichelle, thank you very much, sweetie. :kiss: I didn't know you also had issues with the tape measure! :lol: I'm feeling much better, and will stick around. You're one of the nicest people on this board, and would've missed you.

Again, thanks for the encouraging words, guys, they really have helped me. :)

wyldcurlz

the second pic looks longer to me too. and it looks good and healthy! also, i'd like to point out that august was only 2 months ago!!! its a process, its not instantaneous! keep at it, don't give up - HAVE PATIENCE!!!! do everything you can to keep your hair healthy and just ignore the length. (i know that's hard to do because i get angry when my hair seems the same length too.) but just keep it healthy, don't give up and in 6 months...you'll see!!! it'll be longer and very healthy.

carameldiva

ITA with everyone else and to me it does appear that you hair is longer in the second pic. Don't give up girlie you are well on your way, HHG.