Female Hair Care Practices In Relation To Hair, Skin, And Overall Health In African American Women

*ATTENTION PLEASE READ* Hello everyone! I am doing a research project on female hair care practices in relation to hair, skin, and overall health in African-American women. The purpose of this project is to understand how hair care practices have changed with the recent boom in African American women wearing natural hair, how it has affected their health, and if they are seeing dermatologists for any of their hair issues. Although it is a study about African American women, every (race or nationality) female can participate and we encourage it. If you would like to participate in this research project it would only take 10-15 mins of your time and it would be a great help to begin to push our community forward in research about African American Hair. The study is completely voluntary and you can choose not to participate.
naturalhair.jpg
https://goo.gl/forms/HE1fexZcTi6a6ukg2

Thank you very much!

Please share this survey with your friends!!

Please consider doing this survey! This will be a great help to building the foundation for research in the future about African American hair from the perspective of an ACTUAL African American Woman doing the research. Thank you!

Last edited:

Pygmy_puff

*ATTENTION PLEASE READ* Hello everyone! I am doing a research project on female hair care practices in relation to hair, skin, and overall health in African-American women. The purpose of this project is to understand how hair care practices have changed with the recent boom in African American women wearing natural hair, how it has affected their health, and if they are seeing dermatologists for any of their hair issues. Although it is a study about African American women, every (race or nationality) female can participate and we encourage it. If you would like to participate in this research project it would only take 10-15 mins of your time and it would be a great help to begin to push our community forward in research about African American Hair. The study is completely voluntary and you can choose not to participate.
View attachment 400279
https://goo.gl/forms/HE1fexZcTi6a6ukg2

Thank you very much!

Please share this survey with your friends!!

Will you update us with the results of your study when it is completed?

NaturalEnigma

On page 6 of the questionnaire for this question "With which style do you feel like your most authentic self?" The drop down box doesn't work and it won't let me move on to the next page unless I answer the question.

SugarSweetCoco**

Just completed. Very interesting! Please correct me if I'm wrong but on the survey it said you did have not to answer all the questions but when you tried to continue it took you back to the ones you missed e.g exercise questions- my reasons for lack of exercise are not related to my hair style choice.. so I ended up putting myself in a box which wasn't really the true representation of why I don't exercise. Anyway thank you very much. Nice set of questions :blush2::blush2:

Just completed. Very interesting! Please correct me if I'm wrong but on the survey it said you did have not to answer all the questions but when you tried to continue it took you back to the ones you missed e.g exercise questions- my reasons for lack of exercise are not related to my hair style choice.. so I ended up putting myself in a box which wasn't really the true representation of why I don't exercise. Anyway thank you very much. Nice set of questions :blush2::blush2:

I'm sorry about that but thank you for completing the survey! Most of the question are required to answer but there is a space in that part that allows people to explain why they aren't able to exercise as much as they like and rate how much their hair has an impact on their exercise. Were you able to complete that part of the survey?

Hello everyone! Thanks again for your support with this project! In order for me to analyze my data I need more black women who have suffered from hair loss and have seen the dermatologist for this condition. If you fit those two categories and have not done the survey yet please consider doing so.

Once again, thank you for your time and consideration!

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
@LinglingStar, I think there is another board on here for women who have suffered hair loss. You might have better luck if you asked them specifically.