FHI EPS anyone?

Dommo

OK, for the record, I absolutely love my FHI Platform, but i really want this EPS because it is a step up and I like the best.I love thats its silver and black as well. The price is $240. I am not supposed to buy anything for my hair so I will get someone to get it for me for xmas if its worth it.

FHI Heat turns up the power with its new EPS™ series of professional styling tools. Sporting a sleek matte arctic silver finish, these styling tools are designed for heavy duty professional use, constructed with upgraded motors, heaters, and components to withstand the rigorous demands of the salon enviornment.

RAPIDTEK™ heating technology results in leading 450°F heat-up and provides virtual instantaneous heat recovery.
Advanced PTC heater means irons heats up quickly and maintains consistent optimum styling temperature
New oversized PTFC heater gives extended ceramic plate surface coverage.
Widest operating range in the industry - 104°F to 450°F.
Tourmaline technology seals in moisture and color.
Solid 3-Layer baked ceramic plates resist scratching and peeling.
Propoietary NANO-FUZEION™ technology produces unmatched conditioning and shine.
Low Electromagnetic Field (EMF).

Who has it?

PPGbubbles

:blush: Is this the Runways Replacement!?!

I must admit a small part of me died inside when I heard the Runway was discontinued.... I planned on buying my hair a present if it made it to full BSL :lachen:

But I see it has 3 baked on ceramic layers :perplexed part of me feels jipped because the runway has 6...what the deal?

Dommo

I must admit a small part of me died inside when I heard the Runway was discontinued.... I planned on buying my hair a present if it made it to full BSL :lachen:

But I see it has 3 baked on ceramic layers :perplexed part of me feels jipped because the runway has 6...what the deal?

I don't think its a replacement, but it supposedly outperformed the runway, possible because it has 3 plates instead of 6. IDK, its cheaper though and the runway is currently not being offered by FHI at this time.

www.fhiheat.com/eps-1-styling-iron.aspx

nakialovesshoes

Actually the Runway has not been replaced. It is on backorder until February & when it returns there will possibly be some changes made & this is according to FHI's customer service.

I, too, had been hearing that the Runway was being discontinued & I have talked to FHI customer service so I decided to get it from the horse's mouth.

I called on yesterday & was told that they halted manufacturing or either they had some issues with manufacturing hence no one having any inventory. So FHI decided to rethink the dynamics of the iron while they were preparing to relaunch. So I was told that when they do relaunch in February possibly some changes will have been made to the original iron but only for the better of course.

I was told that the EPS was a good iron & that the main difference in it was the heating element, whatever that means.

Also, I was told that they do now allow the Runway to be sold online. Before if you purchased it from an online retailer, FHI would not honor the warranty b/c they weren't authorizing anyone to sell it online. Now they allow Folica, Misikko & Frizzy2Silky to sell them online. All of these companies have orders in & should have them in February from what I was told.

I think the EPS is a comparable iron if you don't want to go all out & purchase the Runway. However, I've also heard about & seen the results of the H2Pro.

Someone posted this article recently. It's good information & gives a alternative iron for those that want a Runway.

http://www.misikko.com/true-flat-iron.html

HTH...

Last edited:

PPGbubbles

Actually the Runway has not been replaced. It is on backorder until February & when it returns there will possibly be some changes made & this is according to FHI's customer service.

I, too, had been hearing that the Runway was being discontinued & I have talked to FHI customer service so I decided to get it from the horse's mouth.

I called on yesterday & was told that they halted manufacturing or either they had some issues with manufacturing hence no one having any inventory. So FHI decided to rethink the dynamics of the iron while they were preparing to relaunch. So I was told that when they do relaunch in February possibly some changes will have been made to the original iron but only for the better of course.

I was told that the EPS was a good iron & that the main difference in it was the heating element, whatever that means.

Also, I was told that they do now allow the Runway to be sold online. Before if you purchased it from an online retailer, FHI would not honor the warranty b/c they weren't authorizing anyone to sell it online. Now they allow Folica, Misikko & Frizzy2Silky to sell them online. All of these companies have orders in & should have them in February from what I was told.

I think the EPS is a comparable iron if you don't want to go all out & purchase the Runway. However, I've also heard about & seen the results of the H2Pro.

Someone posted this article recently. It's good information & gives a alternative iron for those that want a Runway.

http://www.misikko.com/true-flat-iron.html

HTH...

Thank you for that Nakia!!! :yep:

Well unless magic happens I wont be full BSL by feb (that was my goal 4 buying the runway) So I will be patient and see how this story unfolds! for my next flat iron im going all out so I am willing to wait 4 quality

missdemi

Have you compared yet? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should wait for the Runway or just purchase an EPS.

FNP-2009

OK....so I'm in ATL at the BB's hair expo and just EPS. It's 130 and you get a free tote and a FHI platform barrel flat iron too. WIll let you know how it goes. The performance on the stage sold me so let's see what happens.

Lucky's Mom

I want another runway - just in case - something happens to my beloved.....:look: good to hear they will have them again....

HKKelly

The new runway plus another iron of your choice was $300 at the show today. I resisted the temptation, I'm so proud! But both the EPS and the runway look like they perform well.

Lucky's Mom

The new runway plus another iron of your choice was $300 at the show today. I resisted the temptation, I'm so proud! But both the EPS and the runway look like they perform well.

Good to hear!!!! the runway is the only iron that makes my kinks look relaxed...

Black Ambrosia

I think my stylist must have a protype of the new runway because he showed me his new Runway a couple of months ago. It looked very similar to the old one but it had a 2 in the name. R2, Runway2... something like that so I'm sure its not going anywhere.

BTW, I think he gets the latest and greatest because he works on movie sets.

Chameleonchick

Hey! I haven't used a flat iron in a few years but, when I remember comparing the two, the EPS out performed the runway. But that was then. I am sure they remodeled the runway to be better so I don't know how the results would be now. My hair did get bone/relaxer straight and I was/still am natural with 4b hair.