Interested in FHI Runway's identical twin??

bgsix

I really do want it. I cannot justify with Dh. Enjoy your irons ladies...walks out the thread with head hanging down.

Ediese

Great thread!! I saw someone use the FHI Runway on BHM, and I was truly amazed at the results. I wonder if this iron will be cheaper somewhere tomorrow.

vkb247

I'm not sure what the difference in irons really is but I bought a solid ceramic iron by Hot Tools ($62.95 on Folica) and a solid ceramic iron by Amika ($140 for a kit with iron holder and argan oil serum) and the only reason I like Amika better it because the floating plates made it easier to get straighter.

I would have to press down with both hands while using the Hot Tools to get the same effect as the Amika if that makes more sense. I would love someone to compare an H2Pro with the Amika.

SUPER SWEET

My hairdresser only uses these irons and my hair lasts for 2 weeks. Im natural too. I just asked her what iron she uses because my hair is sooooooooo silky. It makes my hair laid.:up:

outspokenwallflower

Ya'll are makin me hype about getting my iron! I bought the H2Pro same day as Angel but I told the manager to hold off sending it till tomorrow because I have some untrustworthy roommates and the office likes to get things mixed up at my apartment village.

Also thanks for the info regarding the numbers...I wouldve freaked out otherwise, lol

FAMUDva

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I have been waiting for something like this :)

I have first hand knowledge that it works wonders like the FHI Runway. My stylist had this one for trial use in their natural salon for a week and it works great on my natural 4-something hair. They are an FHI Heat salon, but he told me they were testing the H2Pros and he explained that it's the same exact manufacturer, etc. etc. I'm just on the fence about the price tag, although much better pricing than the FHI Runway.

FAMUDva

Yes it is frustrating, I'm still trying to figure out why is a $250 flat iron is much better then a Ceramic $40 flat iron. I have no doubts in these high price or name brand irons, I just want to really know what the difference. Does it damage hair less, Does it make hair flat iron effect last longer, is it only intended for professional use.. list goes on forever with me...

Some ceramic irons are "coated" or have 1, 2, or 3 ceramic plates. For instance, the H2Pro Allegro series only has 3 ceramic plates, the one pictured in this thread, like the Runway, has 6 full ceramic plates. They aren't coated, they are ceramic plates which also means they can break easier. I've been told the Runway and the H2Pro Grand also have an infra-red heating system that works wonders. I don't know the engineer specs, but I do know there is 100% a difference in my Jibere, my CHI and the FHI Runway the stylist uses on my natural hair. My $40 Jibere does absolutely NOTHING for my natural hair... The CHI will get it straight with a few passes after a blow dry... the FHI Runway/H2Pro Grand gets it straight with ONE pass after blow dry :yep:. That's the best excuse for me to buy it :grin:

FAMUDva

I found a bit more info for the person who asked about the differences in irons. http://www.grandperfumes.com/how-to-use-a-flat-iron

Flat Iron

Flat Irons are modern hair straighteners that has a heating element, like a heating plate on either side, made up of ceramic materials, aluminium, Nano silver, Titanium Oxide, Tourmaline, Iron etc, cased in a plastic holder with a plastic or rubber handle. It comes in various vibrant and cool colors and also in various sizes according to the person’s kind and volume of hair. It is highly efficient, safe and quicker than the hot combs or heated rods. They are used to style hair to make them straight, curly, straight pony, bun, upsweep etc. Thermal Protectors are used to protect hair from harsh effects of high temperature.

Ceramic Flat Iron

Ceramic flat Irons are hair straighteners which use ceramic heaters, on either side of the clamp, which is mixed with materials like titanium and tourmaline to boost the output. Most ceramic flat irons are made with aluminum or titanium coated with ceramic layers. More the ceramic layers, more flexible it is to use according to the need and style and more precise to choose the temperatures. But such Flat Irons might damage the hair if the ceramic layer is worn out.

Despite being expensive, it is beneficial to use pure ceramic Iron, provided it is handled carefully. Invisible Infrared rays are used in all ceramic flat irons that employ far infrared heating. Nano materials like Nano silver to inhibit bacterial growth, Nano titanium for even heat distribution in hair and Nano titanium oxide to inhibit chemical reactions are added to the ceramic layer. Tourmaline is also added to boost negative ion output to produce smooth and sleek hair styles.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I decided to do my lil one's entire head (she got excited about feeling hair on her back and wanted it all done). I think I put a ton of heat protectant on it:look:. This is definitely a one-pass iron. My 14yo came in as I was finishing and said, "dang, that was fast!" I tied her hair up to see if the press will last over night. Here's a pic of the finished product (taken on my phone sans flash).

Attachments

• 1126091936a.jpg
    1126091936a.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 85

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I ordered last night. Fingers crossed that it gets here by the end of next week.

I hope you love yours as much as I love mine:grin:. BTW, DD's hair is still straight and swangin', lol. She thinks she's a lil princess with her flowing hair! I'm fighting the urge to take down my month-old braids just so I can see how it does with my hair, lol! Gotta...wait...till...Januaryyyyyyy......:drunk:

Last edited:

outspokenwallflower

Just thought I should give an update on the H2Pro Iron at grandperfumes.com...Apparently, many ladies must've bought the iron after reading this thread because I've been told it's sold out!

Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

[Operator] sure no problem
[Operator] H2pro is sold out of 206 LE now
[Visitor] Oh no! Does that mean I will not be getting the 206 LE?
[Operator] no no yours is already on its way
[Operator] but now we will be taking it of our website. Well that's what I heard a few minutes ago

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Just thought I should give an update on the H2Pro Iron at grandperfumes.com...Apparently, many ladies must've bought the iron after reading this thread because I've been told it's sold out!

Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

[Operator] sure no problem
[Operator] H2pro is sold out of 206 LE now
[Visitor] Oh no! Does that mean I will not be getting the 206 LE?
[Operator] no no yours is already on its way
[Operator] but now we will be taking it of our website. Well that's what I heard a few minutes ago

That's cool. I'm mildly irritated with them for not updating their page like they said they would, even though they did post my review. I do love my iron, though. I did my 14yo's BKT with it yesterday with very nice results. I hope everyone else likes their iron as well.

BTW, you can tell it's 100% ceramic, the sound that the plates make when they click together is very distinct, reminds of how tile sounds against each other.

FAMUDva

Mine will be here tomorrow according to UPS! Thanks OP for posting the info. I've been looking for the iron since my stylist introduced me to it as a cheaper alternative to the Runway about 6 wks ago.

Glad I followed my mind and purchased it when you posted it. :grin:

outspokenwallflower

^^ Me too! Fast shipping on their part; they shipped it yesterday and UPS says it'll be here tomorrow!

And also, thanks OP cuz everyone must've seen my threads and posts regarding the Runway and Hana Elite and 100% ceramic irons and how I've been griping about getting one but without the hefty price tag. This was a great deal, and I appreciate you sharing it with us! :D

outspokenwallflower

another side has it for $199.99, but no 10% off :(

http://www.coolstylingtools.com/hai...ute=product/product&path=1_52&product_id=1176

has anyone ordered from here before???

ETA: another post in this thread mentioned another site she purchased the h2pro from and here is the link..
http://www.frizzy2silky.com/shop/h2...tes-good-runway-special-clearance-p-7082.html

Looks like if you register as a new member at that site, they will send you a 5% off coupon...better than nothing, right? :)

tailormade84

Looks like if you register as a new member at that site, they will send you a 5% off coupon...better than nothing, right? :)

yeah so i tried that and nothing happened at checkout (they said the coupon expired or whatever)...also their "free shipping" still was gonna cost me about $3....all the lies and deceit made me mad enough to order from the other site....:look:

supermodelsonya

I would love to order this iron but my bank account highly disagrees.

I just purchased a simple Babyliss from TJ Maxx Saturday that has captured my heart.....

outspokenwallflower

I bought mine from beautygalaxy.com
http://beautygalaxy.com/h2pro_grand_master_series_flat_irons.aspx

I bought mine for 180 after talking to the owner and he gave me a free product - some heat protectant silk or something....

It says 206LE on the website and the box but the iron says 204LE.

beautygalaxy is also the same owners as beautymember.net
http://beautymember.net/h2pro-grand-master-206le-pure-ceramic-flat-iron1-inch.aspx

It's supposed to have the same results as the 204 but look a wee bit different, right? My iron is out for delivery right now, but I believe Angel said that they are sending out the 204 cuz it's basically the same?