FHI iron? Where can I find it? Cost? Reviews?

SleepyJean

How much does the FHI iron cost, and where can I find it? Does anyone know. I got the Chi original flat iron, and returned it. I heard the FHI was good. Reviews anyone?

zzirvingj

I would LOVE to hear some reviews of women that have used this iron b/c my last stylist who used it on my hair TRANSFORMED my hair with that FHI iron! It looked and felt sooooo good!

For those who have used the FHI 'and' other irons, how does the FHI compare?

honeybadgirl

its awesome!!! i love it!!! my hair is so silky, smooth and beautiful and i'm not relaxed! the pic in my avatar shows it! whenever i get my hair done, my mom always asked if i got a relaxer:lachen:. you can buy it off ebay. i did. it saved me about $40. at the hair distributor that i went to, it cost about $100, i think.

zzirvingj

its awesome!!! i love it!!! my hair is so silky, smooth and beautiful and i'm not relaxed! the pic in my avatar shows it! whenever i get my hair done, my mom always asked if i got a relaxer:lachen:. you can buy it off ebay. i did. it saved me about $40. at the hair distributor that i went to, it cost about $100, i think.

Which exact FHI iron do you have?

indigodiva

Yes it is THE BOMB!!! A stylist used on on my natural hair and I swear it looked like I had a relaxer! I am going to purchase one for myself one of these days

divinefavor

I don't have one of my own. But, when I went to the Aveda Institute last month the stylist/student used the FHI on my hair. My hair was gorgeous, soft, and silky. I like it much better than CHI on my hair. I don't own a CHI either, but a friend of mine used one on my hair last year and I didn't like it.

scorpian

I got mine from an ebay seller named joyboxonline
It's the model FHI 207 RVI pro ceramic flat iron 1" w/heat settings
The seller is offering it now on ebay for $79.98 w/free shipping to the US and Canada

I have the Solia, Maxiglide, miniglide had the Chi original and gave it away. The FHI beat all of them

Last edited:

City_girl

I have an FHI and it's awesome. When I style my hair between salon visits people always think I just came from the salon. My only regret is that I got the mid sized iron and I wish I had gotten the larger one for bigger curls. I got mine from Folica.com as well - about $80.00 and it came with a little pouch and everything.

zzirvingj

For those that have the FHI---does it seem like this iron emits a slight bit of steam at all?

I noticed when my stylist used it on my hair that it seemed to be "steaming" a bit. Wasn't sure why, didn't care too much, either, after I saw how well it worked on my hair!

honeybadgirl

The seller is offering it now on ebay for $79.98 w/free shipping to the US and Canada

I have the Solia, Maxiglide, miniglide had the Chi original and gave it away. The FHI beat all of them

yeah thats the model i have ZZ! i paid about 60-something for it. like i said i love it!!

scorpian

For those that have the FHI---does it seem like this iron emits a slight bit of steam at all?

I noticed when my stylist used it on my hair that it seemed to be "steaming" a bit. Wasn't sure why, didn't care too much, either, after I saw how well it worked on my hair!

If there are products applied to your hair and you turn the iron all the way up you do see some smoke....if you turn it down and use it on a lower temp then it doesn't smoke

Lavendar

I have the 207 RVI model also. I paid $89 for it at folica.com and got the pouch. I love that pouch cause it's totally heat resistant, it opens up, and you can lay the flat iron on it while using it. You can also store your iron inside it while its still hot. I like the variable temp cause I can turn the heat down to the lowest possible setting that will still allow me to get silky straight.:drunk:

kbody4

I agree with you on the texture and the shine!! It straighten my new growth out and I could comb it with no breakage. I love my FHI :love:

kbody4

I have the 207 RVI model also. I paid $89 for it at folica.com and got the pouch. I love that pouch cause it's totally heat resistant, it opens up, and you can lay the flat iron on it while using it. You can also store your iron inside it while its still hot. I like the variable temp cause I can turn the heat down to the lowest possible setting that will still allow me to get silky straight.:drunk:

This is the one I have too. I paid $89 for mines. It was on sale :)

SleepyJean

Wow, this is sad. I actually forgot I posted this thread, but the iron sounds really good. Do any of y'all have thick 4a/b hair like me? Oops. Nevermind. It seems y'all all have hair similar to mines. I just hated the Chi. I could not get my hair straight. I hope I see a difference in this one.

Last edited:

SleepyJean

This is definitely convincing.

Sistaslick

I LOVE MY FHI!!!! I bought mine a couple of years ago on sale for $102 on Ebay. I have the FHI 302RVI.

I can't resist an FHI thread... you know I gots to bring some pics and stuff :lachen:

Freshly Ironed at a zillion weeks post relaxer. . .

Plus my post from the favorite flatirons thread . . .

have to rep the absolutely, wonderful, powerful, and glorious FHI.

Ladies this is the flat iron of your dreams. I hate to put myself on blast yet again, but this ceramic iron is the truth! If it can take you from this hot fuzzy airdried several weeks post relaxer mess:

to this:

It gets my seal of approval.:yep: :kiss: This has been the best purchase of my PJ life and I can't imagine my hair being this silky and straight without it. The shine is incredible! And roots... what roots?? :grin: You will have that fresh out the salon look with this bad baby--right at your fingertips. My mom even begged me to do hers with that "good iron" as she calls it. You see the fuzz in the pic, lawd only knows how far post relaxer she was in that before shot:lol: (Sorry mom:lol: )

FHI.

out.:lol:

yeah, lemme finish my sales pitch then I forgot to mention how the iron heats up to maximum heat in less than 5 seconds-- there in NO WAIT time ladies! Not like those other irons you heat up and walk away to do something else b/c it needs to get ready It repels humidity so your flat ironing will last for days.

The plates heat evenly and are full ceramic plates-- not ceramic coated. Lightweight, available in a large range of plate sizes to suit your individual needs, adjustable heat settings, cool red plates . . . Marvelous design... All the FHI owners I know are proud of their irons! Never heard of an unhappy customer or complaint with this one.

Fhi... Fhi.... Fhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Okay, time for bed.

SleepyJean

I LOVE MY FHI!!!! I bought mine a couple of years ago on sale for $102 on Ebay. I have the FHI 302RVI.

I can't resist an FHI thread... you know I gots to bring some pics and stuff :lachen:

Freshly Ironed at a zillion weeks post relaxer. . .

Plus my post from the favorite flatirons thread . . .

Thank you for the pics. This was also very convincing!

Sunshine_One

FYI Please check out your local TJ Maxx store. I saw a pink FHI flat iron for $79.99 the other night in my local TJ Maxx. Unfortunately, it was not in my budget this week. Hopefully I'll see one there when I'm ready to purchase.

Jetblackhair

Wow, Sisterslick, you have sold me on the FHI. That was a serious infomercial you just did! I will be ordering mine next week even though I don't plan to use heat through the end of the year. I just have to have it in my hands. How is that for a sale.:drunk:

Mortons

I love my FHI. My stylist also uses one when I go to her and it looks like I have a fresh perm, without any damage.

prettywhitty

I just bought a FHI from folica.com. After seeing Sistaslick's online infomercial, I had to get one, lol. It was 79.95, free shipping and a free heat pouch and mirror came with it.

Precious_1

When i go to the hairdresser, she uses an FHI and i love it!!!, i also owned one, and it broke so i decided to buy a chi, why did I do that?:ohwell: I took that thing back ASAP and got another FHI.

imani97

I just bought a FHI from folica.com. After seeing Sistaslick's online infomercial, I had to get one, lol. It was 79.95, free shipping and a free heat pouch and mirror came with it.

I was sold too! I already have a decent flat iron, don't really use heat on my hair (actually I shouldn't be using heat at all :look:) but just bought a FHI. I hope that I like it more than my HAI or else it's going back. :yep:

Everything Zen

I love my FHI Runway- it's their top of the line flat iron. Yeah I spent a pretty penny on it (400 bucks) on ebay. I would've gotten it for 200 cheaper but the ebay deal fell through with this other guy and I never got my iron (but I did get my money back thank God)

Granted I only use a direct heat like a flat iron once or twice every 3 months or more but I like having the best available tools for healthy hair.

What sold me on it was how informative the actual site was and how they did a side by side comparison of three top flat iron models. None of the other products had such detailed information. Check it out for yourselves!

www.fhiheat.com